bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish George W Bush could run for President again

Now I know some of you guys don't like him at all, however I feel he did a good job overall with this country after Clinton ran it into the ground.

RogueJuror
    RogueJuror's Avatar Become A Pro!

danny call me

Helmut
    Helmut's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is a war criminal and belongs in jail.

InTheHole
    InTheHole's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have you been drinking?

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

he isnt running?

InTheHole

That's like saying we lost but on paper we should have won!

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by InTheHole View Post
    Have you been drinking?
    No sir I am not drinking at all.

If it wasn't for George W Bush we wouldn't have stopped Saddam Hussein and his terrorist attacks against the fine people of the USA. Not to mention the fact that he has implemented much stricter laws to ensure the safety of our country.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueJuror View Post
    danny call me
    hope you're a shrink

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Don't give up yet BBD, there is still a chance he will cancel the election

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

they should chop that c***suckers head off

InTheHole

I think you're right but what accounts for the current state of affairs? Did George Bush just have bad luck? He is the CEO and must take the fall.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Lots of posters are products of the media. Many bash him because they see him being what the media portrays. Some can sift through the bullshit and see the good he did instead of the bad. He was by far from perfect but a lot that he did was good credibility to the United States of America.

RogueJuror
    RogueJuror's Avatar Become A Pro!

danny i'm getting the feeling you don't want to talk to me

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

No way is anyone associated with online gambling desiring a 3rd term for Bush, BBD has gotta be either joking or drunk/high

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by RogueJuror View Post
    danny i'm getting the feeling you don't want to talk to me
    It's not that at all RJ. I just don't like talking on the phone to anyone is all. Nothing personal so please don't take it in that type of fashion.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you guys cant realize how good bush was, then you are liberally biased and elite

bc he did a heckuva job, brownie

he saved new orleans, freed iraq, allowed only 1 911 (clinton woulda have allowed 10), never got his dick sucked by a fat ass jewess, and did his best to shrink the debt

god bless bush, a true american and a christian

**** the dems, theyd allows us to be attacked by towelheads and russians

5 star bomb
    5 star bomb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    if you guys cant realize how good bush was, then you are liberally biased and elite

bc he did a heckuva job, brownie

he saved new orleans, freed iraq, allowed only 1 911 (clinton woulda have allowed 10), never got his dick sucked by a fat ass jewess, and did his best to shrink the debt

god bless bush, a true american and a christian

**** the dems, theyd allows us to be attacked by towelheads and russians

Are you fukking kidding me? He handled Katrina so bad its not even funny.... and our economy is a fukkin joke

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Now I know some of you guys don't like him at all, however I feel he did a good job overall with this country after Clinton ran it into the ground.
    BBD I had respect for you until you said this. Unless your joking to which I apologize.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

No sir I am not drinking at all.

If it wasn't for George W Bush we wouldn't have stopped Saddam Hussein and his terrorist attacks against the fine people of the USA. Not to mention the fact that he has implemented much stricter laws to ensure the safety of our country.
    I agree BBD.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
    He is a war criminal and belongs in jail.

There is nothing wrong with killing people from other countries so we can dominate the world.

Cloak & Dagger
    Cloak & Dagger's Avatar Become A Pro!

sounds like someone is a little bitter that the 8 years of tax free days and bullshit write offs are finally coming to an end

so greedy....that greed by fundies is the reason why america is in debt to the chinese....in the trillions....but you STILL want more....YOU WANT IT ALL....didnt your parents leave you enough in that trust fund?????....LMFAO

when Clinton was in office....gas was $1.50 a gallon....everyone had 2 cars in their garage....the economy flourished....ya....I guess the country was in the shithole back then

when Bush came into office....he picked up right where his daddy left off.....sent our boys back to Iraq....told the world that it wouldnt be ANOTHER vietnam....yet it will be 19 years we have been there in 2 months

not to mention 9/11 happening under Bush....$40 million to investigate Clinton getting a blowjob but only $10 million to investigate 9/11??

you do the math....

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by Cloak & Dagger View Post
    sounds like someone is a little bitter that the 8 years of tax free days and bullshit write offs are finally coming to an end

so greedy....that greed by fundies is the reason why america is in debt to the chinese....in the trillions....but you STILL want more....YOU WANT IT ALL....didnt your parents leave you enough in that trust fund?????....LMFAO

when Clinton was in office....gas was $1.50 a gallon....everyone had 2 cars in their garage....the economy flourished....ya....I guess the country was in the shithole back then

when Bush came into office....he picked up right where his daddy left off.....sent our boys back to Iraq....told the world that it wouldnt be ANOTHER vietnam....yet it will be 19 years we have been there in 2 months

not to mention 9/11 happening under Bush....$40 million to investigate Clinton getting a blowjob but only $10 million to investigate 9/11??

you do the math....
    When the Messiah gets into office gas will be 10 a gallon. 9/11 was as much Clintons fault as it was GW's.

Kingctb27
    Kingctb27's Avatar Become A Pro!

you do the math....
    W.e dude. Do you know anything about politics? I think not. Go to college and at least go to class and make something of yourself. You gotta play the hand you are dealt.

You are probably a CW stiff/.

Cloak & Dagger

Quote Originally Posted by Kingctb27 View Post
    W.e dude. Do you know anything about politics? I think not. Go to college and at least go to class and make something of yourself. You gotta play the hand you are dealt.

You are probably a CW stiff/.
    name 1 thing in my post that was not accurate

until then...get back on your moms tit jew

you play the hand your parents gave you....

Cloak & Dagger

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    When the Messiah gets into office gas will be 10 a gallon. 9/11 was as much Clintons fault as it was GW's.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Laugh now. Just wait and see. I bet I get the last laugh here.

Kingctb27

name 1 thing in my post that was not accurate

until then...get back on your moms tit jew
    Well, for you you are nothing but a fuggin dem who only looks at things from the left side of things. Bush hasn't been the best president in the world, no, but you ppl blaming everything on him is absurd. Grow a pair and realize that running this country isn't easy.

Obama will bury is pal.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Well, for you you are nothing but a fuggin dem who only looks at things from the left side of things. Bush hasn't been the best president in the world, no, but you ppl blaming everything on him is absurd. Grow a pair and realize that running this country isn't easy.

Obama will bury is pal.
    Obama will get into office, nothing will change, decline will gradually happen, he will simply blame Bush and Repub. Continuously is what Dems do. Instead of a solution they just blame the Repubs.

Cloak & Dagger

Obama will bury is pal.
    I only know what Ive seen

and in the last 8 years Ive seen greed....Ive seen the repubs try to blame EVERYONE else for their mistakes

Im still waiting little sheep....for you to tell me what I posted that was inaccurate

or do you just follow what fox news tells you?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

I only know what Ive seen

and in the last 8 years Ive seen greed....Ive seen the repubs try to blame EVERYONE else for their mistakes

Im still waiting little sheep....for you to tell me what I posted that was inaccurate

or do you just follow what fox news tells you?
    Show me greed. Where was the money directly lined in GW's pockets? I also wanna know where this Iraqi oil is that he went over and killed Saddam for.

Kingctb27

Show me greed. Where was the money directly lined in GW's pockets? I also wanna know where this Iraqi oil is that he went over and killed Saddam for.
    Indeedy.

I am waiting you lib, C And D

Cloak & Dagger

show you greed??

OPEN YOUR EYES DUMMY

talking to you is like talking to a rock

here...go watch fox news...have your mom make you a java...and rest your head knowing that in about 2 weeks...IT WILL BE TIME TO PAY THE PIPER...8 YEARS WORTH

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Indeedy.

I am waiting you lib, C And D
    He is searching high and low on google bro. He wants to one up us. This should be fantastic. I bet he has his tinfoil cap on with his moon boots prob with his windows boarded up so the aliens dont abduct him.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

show you greed??

OPEN YOUR EYES DUMMY

talking to you is like talking to a rock

here...go watch fox news...have your mom make you a java...and rest your head knowing that in about 2 weeks...IT WILL BE TIME TO PAY THE PIPER...8 YEARS WORTH

Pick up a newspaper, do a little research before act like you know what you're saying. You type like a 12 year old.

So the scum bags can get their food stamps, grants, and other cash from the successful people of this country because they would rather buy dubs and louis vouiton instead of going to college or putting a roof over their heads?

Cloak & Dagger

August 2, 1990 Iraq invades Kuwait. UN resolution 660 calls for Iraqi withdrawal.
    August 3, 1990 Iraqi forces reach Kuwaiti-Saudi border. The Arab League condemns Iraq.
    August 5, 1990 President Bush declares that the invasion “will not stand.”
    August 6, 1990 King Fahd meets with Secretary of Defense Richard Cheney and requests U.S. military assistance. UN resolution 661 bans the importation of Iraqi goods.
    August 8, 1990 American fighter planes arrive in Saudi Arabia. Iraq declares a “comprehensive and eternal merger” with Kuwait and annexes it as its nineteenth province.
    August 9, 1990 UN resolution 662 finds the annexation of Kuwait has no legal validity.
    August 12, 1990 Iraq offers to withdraw in exchange for an Israeli withdrawal from Palestinian territory ( the Gaza Strip and the West Bank) and a Syrian withdrawal from Lebanon.
    August 18, 1990 UN resolution 664 demands that Iraq release foreign nationals who are being detained in Iraq.
    August 21, 1990 Syria joins earlier Egyptian commitment to defend Saudi Arabia.
    August 25, 1990 UN resolution 665 strengthens the economic embargo against Iraq.
    Sept 5, 1990 Iraq calls for the overthrow of leaders in Saudi Arabia and Egypt.
    Sept 9, 1990 Joint U.S.-Soviet statement made that “we must demonstrate beyond any doubt that aggression cannot and will not pay.” (George Bush and Brent Scrowcroft, A World Transformed [New York: Knopf, 1998], p. 368)
    Sept 13, 1990 UN resolution 666 asks for continuous information on the humanitarian situation within Kuwait and Iraq.
    Sept 16, 1990 UN resolution 667 condemns Iraqi violation of diplomatic compounds in Kuwait and demands the immediate release of foreign nationals removed from Kuwait.
    Sept 24, 1990 UN resolution 669 imposes an air embargo on Iraq.
    Oct 29, 1990 UN resolution 674 reiterates the condemnation of Iraqi treatment of foreign nationals and demands their release.
    Nov 6, 1990 American congressional elections take place.
    Nov 8, 1990 The United States announces that it is doubling its troop presence in the region to over 400,000.
    Nov 19, 1990 Iraq begins significant reinforcement of its troops in Kuwait.
    Nov 29, 1990 UN resolution 678 authorizes the use of "all means necessary" after January 15, 1991, to enforce previous UN resolutions, including that requiring Iraqi withdrawal from Kuwait.
    Dec 6, 1990 Iraq decides to release all foreign nationals held since the invasion.
    January 9, 1991 Secretary of State James Baker meets Iraqi Foreign Minister Tariq Aziz in Geneva in unsuccessful effort to find a peaceful resolution to the conflict. Baker delivers a letter from President Bush to President Hussein. Aziz reads but refuses to forward it.
    January 12, 1991 The U.S. Congress authorizes the use of force. The Senate vote is 52–47 in favor.
    January 15, 1991 UN issues a deadline for Iraqi withdrawal.
    January 17, 1991 The allied attack ("Operation Desert Storm") begins with an Apache helicopter strike at 2:38 A.M. Palestinian groups - PFLP & PLF support Iraq, with PLF sending troops to assist Iraq; Faruq al-Qaddumi, Yasir ‘Arafat & 84% of West Bankers in al-Nadwa poll in mid-Aug90 indicate solidarity with Iraq; 58% of West Bankers support Iraq's invasion in same survey) » subsequent expulsion of 300,000 Palestinian workers from Kuwait; Jordanians & Yemenis expelled also from Saudi). Saudi closes its border with Jordan, and suspends all foreign aid to it (as does US). All other Arab States oppose Iraq's actions.
    January 18, 1991 First Scuds hit Israel. Navy aircraft losses during attack on Scud sites leads to recriminations about low-altitude bombing tactics. First American air attacks are launched from Turkey
    February 25, 1991 US 101st Airborne Division cuts Highway 8 in Euphrates Valley. Iraqis counterattack 1st Marine Division. Scud destroys barracks in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, killing twenty- eight Americans and wounding ninety-eight.
    Feb 28, 1991 Cease-fire takes effect at 8 A.M
    March-April 1991 Uprising of Kurds and Shi'a in Iraq, based on US encouragement. Begins in Basra, in early Mar. Major cities in South & Kurdish areas come under rebel control (government has continuous control over only a third of governorates). Southernn revolt crushed by 29Mar with recapture of Samawa & Northern revolt by early Apilr. Approx 1.5m Kurds flee into N & E Iraq, Turkey, Iran.
    April 3, 1991 UN Security Council Resolution 687 establishes the terms of the peace, including return of Kuwaiti property and prisoners, economic sanctions, and Iraqi disarmament. Iraq is to provide a list of all weapons of mass destruction in its possession. UNSCOM inspectors are to ascertain that the arms have been surrendered.
    October, 1991 President Bush informs congress that he is escalating covert operations in Iraq, under the direction of Frank Anderson, head of CIA's Directorate of Operations Near East division.
    June 1992 Iraqi National Congress established by 300 delegates in Vienna as the opposition umbrella body, on the initiative of Ahmad Chalabi. Bush informing Congress (Oct91) that he was escalating covert operations in Iraq, under the direction of Frank Anderson, head of CIA's Directorate of Operations Near East division.
    Jan 1993 Renewed skirmishes between Iraq and US, UK & France, after Iraq installs surface-to-air missiles in the Southern US/UK-declared no-fly zones, bans UN flights in the southern zone, and makes incursions into the demilitarized zone with Kuwait (ostensibly to remove equipment). Allied bombing in Southern and Northern no-fly-zones (10-19Jan), which kills 43; ends with Baghdad issuing a unilateral ceasefire and rescinding measures.
    May 1994 Rivalry between Kurdistan Democratic Party & Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, coalition partners for 5 years, breaks out into open conflict in Northern Iraq. INC, brokers truce, but fighting continues until Sept, and intermittently thereafter despite peace plan of November 94. 3000 killed by Jun96, with PUK controlling half the territory but 2/3rds of the population.
    Oct 8-10, 1994 Iraq deploys troops nr the Kuwaiti border; Security Council expresses concern & US, Fr & UK move troops to the region. Iraq announces redeployment.
    Nov 6, 1994 Iran fires Scud missiles at bases of Mujahedin al-Khalq in Iraq.
    Nov 10, 1994 Iraqi National Assembly officially acknowledges Kuwait’s sovereignty; ratified by RCC in a decree signed by Saddam Hussein on the same day.
    April 14, 1995 UN Security Council Resolution 986 establishes the "Oil for Food" Program
    August 7-8 1995 Two of Saddam Hussein’s sons-in-law, Lt. Gen. Hussein Kamil (former director of Iraq's Military Industrialization Establishment, in charge of WMD program) and Saddam Kamil defect to Jordan with Saddam's daughters; Hussein Kamil takes crates of documents revealing past concealment of WMD capacities, and provides these to UNSCOM. Iraq responds by revealing a major store of documents that showed that Iraq had begun an unsuccessful crash programme to develop a nuclear bomb (20Aug).
    August 20, 1995 Under pressure, Iraq reveals a major store of documents that showed that Iraq had begun an unsuccessful crash program to develop a nuclear bomb.
    Feb 23, 1996 Iraqi defectors Hussein and Saddam Kamil are shunned by Iraqi opposition groups, and agree to return to Iraq, where they are promptly assassinated.
    June 26, 1996 Attempted coup in Iraq, organised by the Iraqi National Accord and coordinated in part by CIA operatives within UNSCOM, fails when 120 coup plotters are arrested (& laregly executed) by the Iraqi regime.
    28July: 72-hour incursion by Iranian forces into Kurdish “safe haven”, focused on Mas’ud Barzani’s KDP camp at Koi Sanjaq. Iraq takes up a stronger stance against Iran’s ally, Jalal Talabani’s PUK.
    July 28, 1996 72-hour incursion by Iranian forces into Kurdish “safe haven”, focused on Mas’ud Barzani’s KDP camp at Koi Sanjaq. Iraq takes up a stronger stance against Iran’s ally, Jalal Talabani’s PUK.
    August 31, 1996 Iraq, working with the KDP, occupies Irbil (12 miles into NFZ) & destroys Western-backed opposition bases. The KDP takes over most of Iraqi Kurdistan, and Iraqi forces withdraw (2Sept). Saddam Hussein lifts internal economic embargo on the Kurdish region.
    Sept 3-4, 1996 US launches military strikes against Sn Iraq & extends Sn no-fly zone to 33rd parallel, the suburbs of Baghdad. Little international backing for these actions, exc from UK. UN postpones implementation of SCR986.
    Sept-Oct. 1996 PUK offensive, with Iranian help, in N Iraq recaptures most areas lost in recent KDP offensive, except Irbil, by 21Oct. Ceasefire between PUK & KDP on 23Oct, brokered by US & UK.
    Dec 10, 1996 Oil flows for the first time since 1990 from Iraq, through Turkish pipeline. SCR986 (14Apr 95) had permitted exports under the oil-for-food program. In six months, $lbn of revenue generated will be spent on food & medicine for 18 million Iraqis living under Baghdad rule; $260m goes to 3m people in Kurdish areas, only $17 m permitted for essential infrastructure. Since Aug 1990, estimates indicate that 750,000 people have died through malnutrition and lack of medicines; currently, 10,000 a month.
    Dec. 12, 1996 Saddam Hussein’s eldest son, Uday, is seriously wounded in an assassination attempt in al-Mansur district, Baghdad.
    Oct. 29, 1997 Iraq demands US members of UNSCOM leave Iraq; all UNSCOM inspectors withdrawn (13Nov).
    Nov 13, 1997 All UNSCOM inspectors withdrawn from Iraq, but allowed back later that month.
    Sept, 1998 UNSCOM Inspector Scott Ritter resigns. Initially claims that US/UN did not act to help UNSCOM investigate suspected Iraqi weapons sites, later claims that the entire inspection program is unwarranted and Iraq has no WMD.
    October, 1998 UNSCOM report shows Iraq has weaponized VX agent despite Iraqi dentials.
    Nov 1, 1998 Iraq halts cooperation with UNSCOM.
    Nov 15, 1998 US aborts missile strike after Iraq agrees to cooperate with UNSCOM.
    Dec 17-20, 1998 Extensive US & British bombardment of Iraq in ‘Operation Desert Fox’, after UNSCOM head reports Iraq’s failure to fully cooperate; after end of the operation, Iraq again refuses UNSCOM permission to reenter Iraq, and US & UK continue bombardment, aimed at Iraq’s air defense capacity.

Dec 17, 1999
    Resolution 1284 creates UN monitoring, verification and inspection commission (Unmovic) to replace Unscom. Iraq rejects resolution
    November 2000 Deputy prime minister Tariq Aziz rejects new weapons inspection proposals
    2001 Following Sept 11, 2001 terror attacks on World Trade Towers, US President Bush declares a War on Terror, targeting Iraq as a major player in an "Axis of Evil." Evidence for Iraqi involvement in the attacks is sketchy, but includes a probable contact between hijacker Mohamed Atta and an Iraq official in Czechoslovakia, as well as evidence of defectors that prospective hijackers were trained at Salman Pak base.
    Sept 14, 2001 Deputy secretary of defense, Paul Wolfowitz, says that it is "not just simply a matter of capturing people, [but] ending states who sponsor terrorism". Wolfowitz gained stature after the Iraqi attack on Kuwait, which he had correctly pointed out as a possibility in 1979. Speculation grows that Iraq may have had a hand in training the hijackers. James Woolsey, CIA director from 1993-95, speaks of the potential for a "very fruitful marriage between Saddam and Bin Laden".
    Sept 20, 2001 British and US jets bomb surface to air missile batteries in southern Iraq. A Ministry of Defense official denies any connection to the September 11 attacks.
    Sept 21, 2001 US officials tell the Washington Times that Saddam Hussein made contact with Bin Laden days before the attacks. Later, it is verified after repeated denials that hijacker Mohamed Atta met with Iraqi officials in Czechoslovakia. Iraqi defectors claim that hijackers were trained in a mockup Boeing 707 at the Salman Pak base in Iraq.
    Jan 29, 2002 US President George Bush lists Iraq, Iran, North Korea and Syria as part of an "axis of evil" in his state of the nation speech to Congress. "By seeking weapons of mass destruction, these regimes pose a grave and growing danger," he says and shifts the focus of US foreign policy from terror groups to governments.
    March/May 2002 UN secretary general Kofi Annan unable to persuade Iraqi representatives to allow inspectors' return
    July 5-6 Talks in Vienna between Annan and Iraq's foreign minister, Naji Sabri, fail.
    July 25 2002 Sabri says any agreement must include route towards lifting sanctions, ending threats of regime change, and end to no-flight zones
    August 2002 Iraq invites chief weapons inspector to Baghdad for talks on resuming inspections
    Sept 12, 2002 US President George W. Bush addresses a special session of the UN, calls for multilateral action against Iraq. Iraq responds by announcing it will allow inspections unconditionally, but quickly retracts the offer, making it conditional on no new US resolutions.
    Sept 22 ,2002 British PM Tony Blair releases dossier showing Iraq has significant WMD capabilities, in an effort to gain support for British role in projected US invasion.
    Nov 8, 2002 UN Security Council Resolution 1441 calls on Iraq to cooperate with UN inspection teams and not to obstruct UN forces. Iraq must declare all weapons of mass destruction in its possession by December 8, 2002. UNMOVIC inspection teams began inspecting sites in Iraq.
    Dec 7, 2002 Iraq submits documentation as required by UN Security Council Resolution 1441 that details the disposal of weapons of mass destruction. the document claims that Iraq has disposed of all such weapons. Shortly thereafter, US experts examining the documentation claim it is not complete and convincing.
    Jan, 27, 2003

Reports of UNMOVIC chief inspector Hans Blix and International Atomic Energy Commission head El-Baradei
    March 1, 2003 Arab summit in Sharm el-Shaikh calls on Iraq to disarm, but does not call for regime change in Iraq; Iraq begins destroying Samoud II missiles which have a range greater than that allowed by the UN.
    March 7, 2003 Report of UNMOVIC chief inspector Hans Blix to the UN Security Council. US and Britain calling for a second resolution that will authorize a war against Iraq, with stiff opposition from France, Russia, Germany and Arab countries.
    March 19, 2003 War begins with US raid on meeting of Saddam with his advisors. Saddam is apparently unhurt. US forces invade southern Iraq, meeting relatively light resistance, but by March 22 are bogged down at Um Qasr and Basra in the south and Nasariyeh on the road to Baghdad.
    April 9, 2003 Baghdad falls to US troops.
    May 1, 2003 President Bush declares an end to the Iraq war.
    May 28, 2003 A defiant letter from Saddam Hussein to the Iraqi people indicates that US assassination attempts have failed. Resistance to US occupation from unidentified sources includes sabotage of infrastructure and suicide bombings of US soldiers.
    July 14, 2003 First meeting of US - appointed Iraqi interim council
    July 22, 2003 Uday and Qusay Hussein, sons of Saddam killed in a shootout with US troops.
    Aug, 2003 Increasing evidence shows that US and British governments "improved" intelligence estimates to make a case that Iraq was still stockpiling WMD.
    Aug 19, 2003 UN compound bombed by unknown Iraqi forces, killing at least 20.
    Aug 22, 2003 Capture of Ali Majid ("Chemical Ali") by US forces is announced. Ali was questioned about WMD programs but has not revealed any new information.
    Aug 29, 2003 Explosion near Najaf Mosque kills over 90 including Shi'ite leader Ayatollah Mohammed Bakir al-Hakim.
    Oct 16, 2003 UN SC Resolution 1511 on Iraq - recognizes the legitimacy of the American supported provisional Iraqi government, and authorizes UN aid to Iraq under US supervision, while at the same time calling for submission of a time-table for Iraqi self governance.
    Dec 13, 2003 Saddam Hussein captured alive by US forces.
    Mar 1, 2004 Iraqi interim constitution agreed upon by interim government and approved by US.
    Mar 2, 2004 Terror attacks- suicide bombings in Karbala and Baghdad kill 117 (US figures) 271 (Iraqi figures) Shi'a worshippers during Ashura holy day rites.
    April 2004 Insurgency by radical Shi'a leader Moqtada Sadr and his "Mehdi Army." Fighting in Najaf and Falluja.
    June 7, 2004 UN SC Resolution 1546 on Iraq - recognizes the legitimacy of the interim Iraqi government and calls on UN members to support it.
    June 24, 2004 About one hundred people are killed in coordinated attacks throughout Iraq. Terror attacks are an almost daily occurrence as the date on which sovereignty is to be handed over to the Iraqis approaches.
    June 28, 2004 Iraqi PM Iyad Allawi takes power for sovereign Iraq in a modest ceremony held two days before the deadline. US Administrator Paul Bremer leaves Iraq. NATO promises aid to Iraq in training security forces.
    August, 2004 Coalition forces attack the holy city of Najaf, where extremist Shi'a leader Moqtada Sadr and his Mehdi army have fortified themselves. The situation is resolved by a peace brokered by Ayatollah Ali Sistani, who gains considerable prestige. Sadr subsequently agrees to disarm his militia and participate in the Iraqi elections.
    November, 2004 Coalition and Iraqi forces begin attack on rebel forces in Fallujah, reputedly led by Abu-Musab al Zarqawi, pegged by the US as a member of Al-Qaeda.. Numerous civilians are killed in the attacks and Arab sources report damage to mosques and hospitals; UN Secretary General Kofi Annan cautions against the attacks, but Iraqi PM Ayad Alawi replies that the attack is necessary to restore order and allow for elections scheduled in January. Alawi declares martial law after a series of attacks in various Iraqi cities.

^^a little something for you clowns to chew on....this is only up to the end of Bush jrs 1st term

123 Last