purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

UFC ref was terrible

LEts go guys lets go.... as there fighting... I mean the one guy is eating punches or trying to setup ground and pound and the ref is saying lets go.... I mean its boring action but its not like they weren't trying to do shit...

nothing more annoying than listening to him say that over and over again...as they are fighting...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that found some of those fights boring tonight.

purecarnagge

Yeah it looked to be such a good card too.... thats why I got it....

After the Nov one I'm done... they aren't worth the money...

Sucks Cote got injured as well...

But the ref needed to shutup during that fight...they were going at it..yes it was boring but they were on the ground and moving... Don't see why he kept saying Lets go guys.... I hope Dana White makes fun of him...

Robyn
    Robyn's Avatar Become A Pro!

That ref was a complete idiot. Actually, there were a few really weird looking refs tonight. Where do they get these guys? One of them actually had the title of "Dr.". We were all lol'ing at that.

With the exception of the Sherk/Griffin fight, I was completely bored tonight. It also appears that Silva's success might be somewhat going to his head.

TheGovernor11
    TheGovernor11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 215

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    It also appears that Silva's success might be somewhat going to his head.
    I wouldn't say that quite yet. Cote's gameplan was the only way he had a chance to win. Don't be hyper-aggressive, hold the middle, make Anderson come to you to land that bomb when he comes charging in. Problem was that Silva was too smart to charge after him where there was a chance he'd get KO so he resorted to hanging out on the outside too.

Anderson never really goes straight for the kill; he waits till he hurts the guy then mauls them. Usually one of his sporadic attacks or straight counter attacks hurts his opponent quickly and he finishes them off. He never hurt Cote once in the fight so he was forced to play the waiting game. Cote was too disciplined to come off his game plan too so we had a game where both guys were waiting for the other to attack.

I'm sure that once Anderson fights a guy who doesn't have the power/striking to KO him or is wiling to over-aggressively charge at him that we'll see the Spider that we're use to. Yushin Okami comes to mind to see a fight like this. He'll try to take Anderson down, Anderson will promptly render him unconscious.

purecarnagge

While cote might have lost on the score card, he won tonight. Everyone now knows he's the real deal.

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big day for me... Silva's dancing was pretty annoying... But no one can do shit cause no one can beat him.. Hope he moves up to fight a top LHW.

I.R.B

Pure you post at sherdog?

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

That ref was the only thing that got me excited last night. Pretty lame card and I didn't like Silva turning into an idiot before my very eyes.

"Do something guys. Gotta do something guys. Do something."

Fukng Christ.

AgainstAllOdds
    From the Villas to world #1
    AgainstAllOdds's Avatar Become A Pro!

The ref was kind of annoying but almost every ref does that.

The best fight of the night was Sherk-Griffin.

As for silva, the that taunting shit is what he does. It happens in all his fights. And yes he can do that cause he is the best. I think it was pretty obvious that Cote(although had a great fight up to the third round) was not even gonna scratch silva.

With that said....Couture/Lesner Nov. 10th. is gonna be sick!!!!! Another fight to watch for on that card is Quarry-Maia...These two guys are beasts.

I.R.B

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstAllOdds View Post

As for silva, the that taunting shit is what he does. It happens in all his fights. And yes he can do that cause he is the best. I think it was pretty obvious that Cote(although had a great fight up to the third round) was not even gonna scratch silva.

With that said....Couture/Lesner Nov. 10th. is gonna be sick!!!!! Another fight to watch for on that card is Quarry-Maia...These two guys are beasts.
    I will be on Maia Big.

Robyn
    Robyn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstAllOdds View Post

AAO, you sure we are talking about the same fight? Silva was dancing around, flailing his hands like the karate kid, even offered to help Cote up when he was on the ground (wtf?) It was like watching Bizarro Silva. Hopefully he snaps out of it before his next fight.

purecarnagge

If this Lesnar fight isn't good that will be 1 okay card, followed up by 2 shitty paperviews.... I mean the spike show was okay, but not stellar, and this paperview sucked, so if the Lesnar card isn't good then its like WTF...I'me done with this paperview shit. 45.00 of wasted time.

I meanits pathetic... These guys are getting too scared to throw is what it comes down to...

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rich Biatch View Post
    Pure you post at sherdog?
    I have been posting at sherdog for a few years now, I post there more than here.

purecarnagge

I don't even know what Sherdog is...

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    I don't even know what Sherdog is...
    Hit up mma.tv alot of pro mma fighters and people in the "know" Sherdog has good mma radio shows but most of the people that post there are

bigboydan

Anderson Silva caught flying scissor heel hook.

bigboydan

Anderson Silva get OWNED!

bigboydan

Anderson Silva vs Ryo Chonan

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good video Dan. I don't think I have ever seen either of those two before.

I am guessing why the refs were different at UFC 90 was because they had to use local refs. Many local state boxing/mma commissions require that.

purecarnagge

nice

bigboydan

UFC 90 Anderson Silva vs Patrick Cote Round 3