Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    Where have they been training since the finale? Quite often these guys improve by leaps and bounds if they join a good team after the show.
    Ramsey trains at the Pit with Hackelman and McGhee.

Al0n3'
    Al0n3''s Avatar Become A Pro!

still no line @ 5dimes wth?!

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by Al0n3' View Post
    still no line @ 5dimes wth?!

i couldn`t agree more...5 dimes is getting very slick about posting openers on some of their mma action......

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    i couldn`t agree more...5 dimes is getting very slick about posting openers on some of their mma action......
    Agree. I like 5dimes for their reduced, but they sure do take a LONG time to get a main card fight up a day away>? I generaly don''t like bmaker's lines, but they do get them out early and can take advantage of them some times if you pounce. Don't think bodog is out yet either...

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

Bigday what did you think of this season of tuf. A bunch of pussies kinda makes me wonder where are the warriors are at. Is tuf recruiting for tv on fighters looks and personalitys and not skill? I want to see some mma not boxing.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

don't know shit about mma, but i seriously hope sbr didn't change their odds from near +130 to -120 due to people jumping on it from this thread

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LVBOUND View Post
    Bigday what did you think of this season of tuf. A bunch of pussies kinda makes me wonder where are the warriors are at. Is tuf recruiting for tv on fighters looks and personalitys and not skill? I want to see some mma not boxing.
    To be honest, I think the whole sport is getting more cautious or reserved. Look at GSP, Hasn't finished a fight in how many? Fighters are looking more toward avoiding takedowns and superior striking. Game plans are huge, and sadly that has driven fighters to gameplan "how to win their fight", vs "how to finish their fight". Not all fighters, but I do think a lot of them look at what they have to do to simply stay out of trouble and get their hand raised. Fighters don't risk positioning the way fighters used to.

That being said, Ferguson is one of those fighters that can finish a fight, but chooses very carefully when to attack so that he doesn't leave himself open to counters.

FrizB
    FrizB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

I'm with ya BigDay. POUNDED Fergie!

If he loses I am blaming you solely and will be madder than a midget with a yoyo!

Just kidding man, Good luck... looking forward to some good fights!

rocky mattioli

5 dimes just posted a line on the tough finals...nijem-140...ferguson+110....

have to say i loved ferguson`s stand-up.... he was clever....he`s relatively long....good head movememnt..and commits to his shots...even his jab....

very polished boxer....i`ll take the +110....

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by FrizB View Post
    I'm with ya BigDay. POUNDED Fergie!

If he loses I am blaming you solely and will be madder than a midget with a yoyo!

Just kidding man, Good luck... looking forward to some good fights!
    That would suck to be a midget with a yoyo!

Slam er home!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    5 dimes just posted a line on the tough finals...nijem-140...ferguson+110....

have to say i loved ferguson`s stand-up.... he was clever....he`s relatively long....good head movememnt..and commits to his shots...even his jab....

very polished boxer....i`ll take the +110....
    Must have just posted. Thanks for the note. I like Ferguson a lot in this fight at any + money.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

5Dimes has Edwards at -205, wish it would have came out at -170 like others...

southmadejd
    southmadejd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 830

BigDay, who do you like in the Main Event? I know another poster said that he believe Pettis has alot of value at anything under -300 but I do not agree with that. I think Guida has been a genius when it has come to "gameplans" (of course that has to do with him training with Jackson) and has started to fight way smarter. I think he will be able to take Pettis down each round (he may take some punishment in the process) and keep him there in his way to a pretty exciting decision win.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd View Post
    BigDay, who do you like in the Main Event? I know another poster said that he believe Pettis has alot of value at anything under -300 but I do not agree with that. I think Guida has been a genius when it has come to "gameplans" (of course that has to do with him training with Jackson) and has started to fight way smarter. I think he will be able to take Pettis down each round (he may take some punishment in the process) and keep him there in his way to a pretty exciting decision win.
    Pettis is a freak of talent! That's for sure. Yet Guida can survive beatdowns. I actually find more value in that this fight goes the distance. Should be around -120. Might have been some value at -170 for Pettis, but most books are heading over 200 now. Guida just finds ways to grind out decisions though, so I completely understand where you are coming from. I like the fight to go all 3 rounds.

GL!

EastStirling
    EastStirling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

One of my friends is going to see it live

Al0n3'
    Al0n3''s Avatar Become A Pro!

what do you guys say bout chuck vs cope?! probably chuck gonna rape him, was thinking about parlay with fergie

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Chuck should handle Cope. Odds are about where they should be imo

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Bigday, can you explain what these redces lines are, and come up with an example? I have never payed attention to them before.

bjpenn85

reduced

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Bigday, can you explain what these redces lines are, and come up with an example? I have never payed attention to them before.
    Basically the day of the fight, 5dimes will offer reduced juice. A line might be -220 and +180, then once the reduced comes out, -210 and +190.

Makes sense? Problem is with MMA, they can move around quite a bit in that final day. Timing is the key to getting the price you want.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Line drop. Ferguson EV

bjpenn85

sorry didnt catch that. More the concept of the reduced line? is it the judges score card? is it the fighter who wins the most, or 2 out of three rounds etc.

bjpenn85

as expected, he is clearly the better fighter here. I soaked up the 2.1 line right away.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    sorry didnt catch that. More the concept of the reduced line? is it the judges score card? is it the fighter who wins the most, or 2 out of three rounds etc.
    Think ur thinking of handicapping?

Reduced line just means that they offer odds on the main fights at the last minute (day or 2 before event) at slightly better odds than they were earlier on. I might be wrong but I thought you only got reduced lines if you picked that as your bonus option when signing up?

bjpenn85

maybe not clearly. But he is the better standup fighter at least, with wrestling at least on paper, to keep it standing. Youll never know with this tuf fighters tho.

bjpenn85

ok ill see, i was thinking of handicapping.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Think ur thinking of handicapping?

Reduced line just means that they offer odds on the main fights at the last minute (day or 2 before event) at slightly better odds than they were earlier on. I might be wrong but I thought you only got reduced lines if you picked that as your bonus option when signing up?
    Correct, you ussually get to chose either reduced lines or a bonus of some sort.

southmadejd
    southmadejd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 830

Quote Originally Posted by EastStirling View Post
    One of my friends is going to see it live

Ummmmmm.....good for you I guess???

rocky mattioli

ferguson is an extraordinary athlete.....

""Ferguson took to athletics extraordinarily well, and went on to earn 12 varsity letters at Muskegon Catholic Central High School in football, baseball and wrestling. He was the starting cornerback on the 2002 state football champions and was a three-time All-State selection in wrestling, winning the 152 lbs division in 2002.
    After high school, Ferguson enrolled in Central Michigan University before transferring to Grand Valley State University on a full wrestling scholarship. There, he went on to garner All-American honors twice, winning the national championship in the 165 lbs division once.""

edit...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 06-03-11 at 04:12 PM.

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Think ur thinking of handicapping? Reduced line just means that they offer odds on the main fights at the last minute (day or 2 before event) at slightly better odds than they were earlier on. I might be wrong but I thought you only got reduced lines if you picked that as your bonus option when signing up?
    Lately the option has become available, even though I took the bonus option.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

5dimes went to -120 for Ferguson. Glad I got my 5 Units on +130. It would still be a normal 2 Unit play all the way down to about -140 for me.

Weigh-ins looked good. We should be in for a good night of fights tomorrow!

Best of luck everyone!

FrizB
    FrizB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

Congratulations. Great Call. Looking forward to your picks on the next UFC.

j0hnnyv
    Nadal -210
    j0hnnyv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

nice call on ferguson. this was an easyyy ufc card tonight.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Cheers guys! Always good when the 5 unit plays cash!

Have a great night!

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

My boy bigday knows his shit

First 123 Last