exstatman
    exstatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Beware of 5Dimes

So the Breeders Cup looks pretty good today, so I contact 5Dimes to arrange a ** deposit and send the money to the designated person. Normally this would be in the account within about 40 minutes, so after nearly 90 minutes, I contact CS to see what happened. After a few minutes, I was told the deposit was rejected as THEY gave me a wrong name. So now I'm told I must go back to the ** location to cancel the original deposit and resend it to the new person. How can I trust the same thing might not happen again?

The worst part was the condescending nature of the CS people trying to blame others for their own incompetence.

And yes, it has cost me money.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes that happened to me once back in the days with either MVP or Bettherock. You will probably end up having to call the 800 number, but atleast ** and ** are legitimate companies that have phone numbers. Though, think about it. It's a dead giveaway that you dont know the person your sending the money to.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!

You look stupid going back, too !

Sorry, I got the name and country wrong ? ( way wrong, you see I'm on heavy drugs !).

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Most know whether its for gambling or not, all these people with two last names getting money do not have relatives in the States ... they've never asked me though even though its against their policy to send for gambling as stated on the website

exstatman

Pretty simple, just tell them your church gave you the name of someone to send money. No more questions asked.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

When Justbet opened they gave me a name. I did a **. Then they told me the name they gave me was sick and couldn't pick it up. They then gave me another name. I talked to a manager and she said, "Haven't you ever called off of work before"? It was unreal.

St.Aquinas
    St.Aquinas's Avatar Become A Pro!

The money transfer name game happens all the time...get over it. This is nothing new for any book. 5Dimes is as solid as it gets and EXSTATMAN looks stupid for posting this crap.

exstatman

So posting facts gets one labeled as stupid?

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Betpoints: 3163

THose money issues happen from time to time no need to bash a book like 5 Dimes.

Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    You look stupid going back, too !

Sorry, I got the name and country wrong ? ( way wrong, you see I'm on heavy drugs !).

exstatman

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    THose money issues happen from time to time no need to bash a book like 5 Dimes.

Most of the reason for posting this was their response, which was very unprofessional.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

Cost you money? I'm sure they will reimburse you!

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

same thing happened to me they do come up with some stupid ass excuses once i got its raining in nicaraugua so they couldnt pick it up... its a pain in the ass but i love the betting options so i stay.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by exstatman View Post
    Pretty simple, just tell them your church gave you the name of someone to send money. No more questions asked.
    You dont look stupid for posting this info. You may have saved someone from going through the same ordeal today.

robert715
    robert715's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's actually a great post, I agree THEGREAT30. I'd be pissed and it's embarassing. I'll tell you what, I've been having tremendous success with CC deposits at Bookmaker. The only problem is, when CC deposits work, gambling becomes to easy. When you have to physically go the bank, ** rep, numerous phone calls, acts as a deterrent.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

exstatman, 5dimes saved you every penny you would have lost. (and dont give us any bullshiit about you would have had a huge winning race day.) sorry you had to run all over town, but you should be thanking them instead of railing them for an error (that every book makes sometimes) they are A+ book imo and this junk needs to go down in the junk zone

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Exstatman, they should not have been rude to you. I have seen a lot of CS people start off polite, and then get goaded into being rude by gamblers who escalate the situation by being indignant. I don't know if that was you, but if it was look in the mirror. Acting pissed off, even when you have a reason to be, never plays to your advantage. The CS people are there to take that kind of shit, they have no power to do whatever you wanted to do to correct the situation and they get tired of being hammered on.

If you are in the U.S. in 2008 it just doesn't make any sense to expect that you can make a deposit a few hours before you make a wager. Maybe eighty percent of the time you can pull it off, but those other twenty percent are the times that your team covers or your horse wins.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

LMAOFISH
    LMAOFISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Off topic, but still with 5dimes. I get a ~15-20 second daily from the time I put in my password to the time my bet is accepted. Does anyone else have this? My limits have been cut, which I've heard of..but this is news to me. I guess maybe they just want to review my bet before it's accepted?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6947

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    If you are in the U.S. in 2008 it just doesn't make any sense to expect that you can make a deposit a few hours before you make a wager. Maybe eighty percent of the time you can pull it off, but those other twenty percent are the times that your team covers or your horse wins.
    Sharp post. The climate has been changed for a while now for U.S. Players, and that's just something we all have to deal with.

St.Aquinas
    St.Aquinas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    You dont look stupid for posting this info. You may have saved someone from going through the same ordeal today.
    Let me correct myself; its not what he posted that looks stupid, its the title Beware of 5Dimes that's stupid...and the fact your saying you may have saved someone from going through the same ordeal is also dumb because the book made a name mistake...I'm not justifying bad customer service, but kicking them for making a mistake that happens at ALL books is dumb...