yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    Seriously, why don't you hear about athletes being killed by gamblers. I'd want Novak dead if I put serious coin on the guy. All year he's played amazing tennis, just to lay an egg when you bet heavy on him. If that gambler has connections, I wouldn't blame them.
    Now this is rather absurd.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Quote Originally Posted by jw View Post

He started with an £8,400 bet back in March and his pot has since reached £161,000.
    Guy has still turned £8,400 into £41,000 in around 3 months .. (about $15k per month in profit despite the loss) some guys here would kill for that kind of run ...

bettorjon
    bettorjon's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is the problem when we place our bets on the favorites with low odds.

lots of hardwork would be put down the drain after just one loss.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

curse of jj.

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Ouch that must have hurt

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by donkdown View Post
    I think the books lost money on this match to be honest!!

Probably right , don't get those kind of odds od Fed to often.

30K Millionaire
    Fade Yourself
    30K Millionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 592

Should've walked away. Now all he can afford is a cardboard box

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    Crazy bet (if true)!! Tommorows news paper "djokovics dream streak comes to an end"
    At least I made some quid last night! Still not a fraction of this fictional characters initial deposit though!

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaskan View Post
    He'd be better served betting 16K on Federer. Same payout and a fraction of the risk.
    That was a SHARP post!

Put 16K on Federer and half of what u have on Djoko and u may win in any case ))

Quote Originally Posted by ochenta y cinco View Post

And very little chance of winning...
    AND THE WINNER IS!

FEDERER!!!!

In fact I feel sorry for the guy he just blow the whole sh*t!

I mean u can bet Djoko or Nadal against any other guy that is really sh*t!
    But against Federed who in any case was numer 1 and can f\*\*k u anytime! Unreal!

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    Seriously, why don't you hear about athletes being killed by gamblers. I'd want Novak dead if I put serious coin on the guy. All year he's played amazing tennis, just to lay an egg when you bet heavy on him. If that gambler has connections, I wouldn't blame them.
    I remember when they killed the colombian guy!
    Andres Escobar! One of the stories said the Colombian Mafia had a sh*load of money on the game but Escobar made an Own Goal and that cost him his life!

In this case u have just a stupid guy who thought he will win a lot betting with low coeficients!

diondublin
    diondublin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    When I asked for the 1/5 price at the 1st show, the betting shop manager looked at me like a Jew shaking hands with Osama bin Laden in Jerusalem !

Then when I went in next day to collect my winnings - I asked about another horse race and asked for another horse that I knew would shorten up on track in the afternoon and after picking up 120 pounds = 20 pounds profit - the William Hill manager told me that I could only have Starting Price (SP) !

I dont understand this, when betting on horses here in US you are pari-mutuel betting so the odds are not determined until the betting is closed. Are you saying in England betting shops you can normally lock in a current price (like an exchange)

Almost always there is a price available with any given company about any given horse. This might be an 'early price', available before the on-track market gets going, or a 'board price', available based on betting at the track. You do indeed lock in the price if you want to. Alternatively, you can take the final, starting price ('taking the S.P.').

As to the story, it sounds like exceptionally sharp practice if true. I would suspect there are one or two factors not obvious from the poster concerned.

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

hook, line and sinker really

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

looks like he's not able to buy the house.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Boxing Champ
    Boxing Champ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxing Champ View Post

The morale of this bullshit story is...........
    Bet Federer.....
    P.S.... it's 23 not 26 in a row..
    I told you people

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Sucks to be dat dude.

vincanity15
    vincanity15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Luckily the guy doesnt exist and this was williamhill marketing bullsh*t

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

One hell of a sweat. 3 hour 40 min match.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

price was too high

meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8101

I think it was made up story by william hill

arabbeast13
    what?
    arabbeast13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

wow now I feel a lot better

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Fed played great yesterday, best match I have seen since Fed, Nadal Wimbledon! Sorry about the house bro.

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by thisisit View Post
    Fed played great yesterday, best match I have seen since Fed, Nadal Wimbledon! Sorry about the house bro.
    I beg your pardon, in which part of the game he played great??? I think i missed that part while i went to piss, i guess. Federer had some serves and few good shots, thats all. Still i am asking myself, were those serves so good that Djokovic couldnt even touch them??? or there was something else???? Joke was playing like he just waked up and still half sleeping

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

one days every streak ends

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    I remember when they killed the colombian guy!
    Andres Escobar! One of the stories said the Colombian Mafia had a sh*load of money on the game but Escobar made an Own Goal and that cost him his life!

In this case u have just a stupid guy who thought he will win a lot betting with low coeficients!
    Yeah that was the first guy I thought about when read that...

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

might as well just burn that money....

steviec27
    steviec27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15113

Quote Originally Posted by makman View Post
    I beg your pardon, in which part of the game he played great??? I think i missed that part while i went to piss, i guess. Federer had some serves and few good shots, thats all. Still i am asking myself, were those serves so good that Djokovic couldnt even touch them??? or there was something else???? Joke was playing like he just waked up and still half sleeping
    Fed did play good. His serving was unreal and the amount of winners he hit on the line or in the corners was scary.
    Djokovic wasn't on top of his game but Federer made him look average at times. Just my opinion everyone is entitled to their own.

Thunderman
    Thunderman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

I just don't see where this guy thought this was a great bet to go HUGE on?? Fed had played as good or better than Joker all tourney, and we knew of Joker complaining about his layoff before the match, which seemed to affect him.

ccnew
    ccnew's Avatar Become A Pro!

120 grand down the crapper

iGotWinners
    Sexiest Swimsuit Model in the World
    iGotWinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

Sports books were underestimating Roger Federer @ like +250 odds, and lucky I went with Federer to beat Djokavic. But not high rolling like that person. I'm hoping that I could win enough to be a high roller.

I wouldn't mind putting a lot of money on Nadal, b/c the way he plays is worth it right now. He tries his hardest to go after every return shot, and you can't be mad at a player for that. On the other hand in that game with Murray vs. Nadal, Murray was playing like he didn't even want to win, b/c every opportunity to hit the ball to one side of the court that Nadal wasn't at to try to win the point, he clearly didn't. Andy Murray kept on hitting the ball directly to Nadal, and simply asking Nadal to simply bury him and that's what Nadal did every time when hitting the ball back to places Murray couldn't return the shot. Why didn't Murray hit the ball to sides where Nadal wasn't at instead of fukkin hitting the ball right in his direction every time, so he can return it to you in places you can't even fukkin reach?

BTW, Federer was more dominant in the match against Djokavic. Some advice for betting on tennis is if you put money on tennis player(s), make sure it's someone who will really try their hardest to go after every shot and make smart moves like Nadal, Djokavic and Federer. Those are the best 3 to put money on in tennis right now. BOL
    Last edited by iGotWinners; 06-04-11 at 01:42 PM.

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderman View Post
    I just don't see where this guy thought this was a great bet to go HUGE on?? Fed had played as good or better than Joker all tourney, and we knew of Joker complaining about his layoff before the match, which seemed to affect him.
    Just got overly confident I guess, he had been on a great run and decided that 1/3 was too good an opportunity to pass up so lumped on...and the rest is history!

Maniac

So much for that being his last bet regardless of winning or losing - just caught something on BBC News regarding a man walking into Hills with over £100k in cash and putting it on Nadal to beat Murray.

Once a degenerate...always a degenerate

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by singgooner View Post
    @bettilimbroke999 - here in England - we have a betting system - where our bookies are Sports&Racebooks.

So, you go in to watch live racing & sports and they put the prices up on monitors from the industry betting market at the racetrack - you have a choice - to take "LOCK" a price in when your bet is taken - or take the Starting Price = the price of the horse in the market - when they stalls open for racing.

The SP is now always lower than the start of betting, as bookies know the betting market is weak - so it only takes a small amount of money to knock the on-course INDUSTRY market price down.

This increases their profit, as a lot of MUGS would do accas = PARLAYS just right their bets down and do not ask for a price - so in the morning if you do a double and the horses are 2/1 and 3/1 - but then the bookies knock the prices down to EVS and 6/4 - the bookies pay out less if you do not "lock" the prices in.

British bookies only want losers - if you have an internet account and you start winning - they close your account ! That is why Betfair has become so big - as if you are a consistent winner - you can "get on" without a bookie saying you can only have 50 quid at SP !

Bookies now are not fearless - they are just bean counters throwing out winning gamblers from their business model.

The latest scam are these one-arm bandit machines - people get hooked on playing video roulette in our betting shops.

But it is not roulette - you are playing a computer random number generator - so there is no bias in the cartoon roulette wheel - so when you hit the bet button - the computer throws up red 32 and then you see a cartoon of a ball fall on red 32 - some nutters spend hours standing behind someone playing these machines trying to workout the system !

It is quite easy - the system in the bookies is that you lose every time on these computer machines - if they are designed to win - why do they have 4 machines in every betting shop and they promote them - trying to give you free spins - to get you hooked and playing them.

So, when a bookie has someone that knows the game - I am 41 and lived in betting shops during a mis-spent youth and university days - and takes a price early on to guarantee they get the best price - it does not suit their business model - which is ONLY LOSERS NEED APPLY !

Hope my ramblings have explained everything this side of the Atlantic
    Man great post there!!!!

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

I thought that the record bet would be much higher.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Don't feed into this bullshit

First 1234