Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Is hockey the most underated sport on earth?

Its amazing .. I would pay to watch this !!!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rod in USA its a financial disaster and most networks want no part of it.

World Soccer is hot in USA

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

They need to explain the Game better from the ground up..

Most of us just see a bunch of twinks skating around acting tough..

I'd like to get into hockey, but I don't even know where to begin...

They need to realize 89% of us have never even skated in ice before...
    Last edited by iifold; 06-01-11 at 11:19 PM.

Rod1010

Soccer is number 1 but hockey should be number 2.. rarely do u see commercial breaks during the game!!!! Non stop edge of your seat action..

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Best sports to play and watch in the world. Nothing compares.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

possibly, tough to get into it here. never gave it a shot growing up but gambling has brought me to love it.

astrodomer
    Houston Oilers
    astrodomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

No I dont think its the most underated sport.....

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soccer is under rated in the US. Hockey would be more popular if they could get the regular TV contact onto a real network. Versus is still not a regular option for all cable outlets and dish services.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1957

baseball is by far the most exciting

im on the edge of my seat biting my nails every fukin pitch with a hard on

Rod1010

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post
    baseball is by far the most exciting

im on the edge of my seat biting my nails every fukin pitch with a hard on

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Americans don't care about hockey.. It's a shitty sport..

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's an amazing sport.

But like most sports, if you, or someone close to you didn't grow up playing it - it's a novelty only.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7917

Is hockey the most underated sport on earth?
    Is water wet?

OneLossParlayGuy
    OneLossParlayGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

I think it is...ilove it

Domer
    have a blessed day
    Domer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

i sya by far the most underated sport in the usa is the nfl, very undertrated

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

here's the thing. we grew up with hockey all our lives. from age 2, we've watched hockey. we have watched over 84,000 hrs of hockey in our lifetime. we played hockey from age 2. our first gift was a hockey stick and a pair of skates. americans can't say the same. we understand it. we don't have a problem seeing the puck,we are so used to it.it's much easier when it's always around us here. we cant escape it. Canada is obsessed with hockey...also, we've played it. we know what it's like to battle in the corner for 15 secs with a player or 2. we know what it's like to time a good body check. we've stick handled before..we know the feeling to deke a goalie and put it top shelf....whereas americans have no clue what this is all like. it's much more enjoyable when you've played it

i can understand why they dont like our sport. they are not familiar with it. it's just like cricket. people say it's an amazing sport and the pakis love it.. but we don't understand it and we never played it, so we'll never watch it, even if you pay us. hockey to americans is cricket to us. we dont understand it, we never played it, so no way we are watching that boring crap, even though it might be the most exciting sport on earth..
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave Nicky Santoro 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

hockey is very fun to play fo so.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Only great to watch during the Colorado Avalanche championship runs in the late 90's.

Rod1010

Good point nicky .. Americans are missing out BIGTIME.

Nicky Santoro

also, hockey is so confusing if you are not 100% familiar with it, you won't enjoy it. you have hand passes, but allowed on defensive zone only.. then you have offside, you have icing, you have high stick, you have 2 line pass.. goals cannot be scored on a high stick, and high stick is under the cross bar level.. and 204 more rules. there is a whistle every 34 seconds in hockey and 92% of the time, the fans in america have no clue why a whistle keeps happening. it slows the pace. they are confused. i remember a game in nashville.. fans were loud and into it, and each time an offside occurred, fans booed the ref. they had no idea why they were booing..that has to suck.

hockey is very strategic. it's like chess. if you watch a game of chess and you have no idea what is going on fully, you will hate it and walk away after 21 seconds. hockey has a strategy to score goals. it's not just putting the puck in the net.. like stand in front of the net and screen the goalie and try to deflect a 98 mph slapshot while screening him.. americans don't understand this at all... and if you don't understand this, it makes the game hard to enjoy. we understand this, but 99.87% of americans dont.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

If people could actually see the puck it might be more popular. I can't see it. I just watch to see if a player lifts his arms in the air.

Rod1010

Quote Originally Posted by MatchbookSucks View Post
    If people could actually see the puck it might be more popular. I can't see it. I just watch to see if a player lifts his arms in the air.

Another reason why americans cant watch it.. They cant see the puck ? Are you serious!!!!!!!!

fury
    fury's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hockey is the best. Sad that people watch that joke called the NBA during hockey season.

azimm11
    azimm11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1757

Hockey in the USA = HUGELY under-rated
    Hockey in Canada = appreciated

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by MatchbookSucks View Post
    i can understand what you mean.. i dont watch lacrosse.. my friend is a lacrosse player. i was watching it on tv with him 3 weeks ago, and i swear i can't follow the ball and i can't see the ball go in the net. he sees it easily.. that's because i am not used to it and never watch it. also golf, i am not a golfer. i went out to play on the course with my brother last month and each time i hit the ball, i lost sight of it. i asked my brother if he ever loses sight of it too and he said never ever ever.. that's because he's a golfer who golfs 6x a week and is used to it..

you need to watch alot of hockey and then you will see the puck very well. it takes practice.

LarrysKid
    LarrysKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1479

Hockey is extremely underated in the US. The biggest problem is that it won't get very popular in hot or moderate to wet climates like Southern California, Oregon, and all of the south. That's why the vast majority of US hockey fans are from the north and northeast. My family came to Southern California from the Buffalo NY area and that is probably the only reason I love hockey so much. Roller hockey never got huge either maybe in part because rollerblading is seen as pretty lame down here.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hockey could be much more if the refs just put the whistles away, they hurt the flow of the game.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Americans like sports they are the best at. That's why the NBA and MLB see a decline in viewership and the NFL is by itself in the stratosphere.

Prey
    Prey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Hockey could be much more if the refs just put the whistles away, they hurt the flow of the game.
    The refs? What are they gonna do when the players are cheating & breaking rules constantly?

Prey
    Prey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    Americans like sports they are the best at. That's why the NBA and MLB see a decline in viewership and the NFL is by itself in the stratosphere.
    Good point. These ******* americans...

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Hockey takes a lot of dough to play thus to really have an in-depth understanding. The fan base will always be limited. Definitely my fave sport and I love most of them. Teams had a great game last night-refs seriously need a horsewhipping, their part was brutal. Cheers

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hockey is becoming more popular in the US since the Olympics last year though. I played hockey as a kid so it's my favorite sport to watch but really, how can some people not follow the puck? are you watching on a 12 inch TV or what...

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

I live in a city that doesn't have hockey and it is still the greatest sport in the world to watch.

Most Americans will just see the score from last nights game and think it was boring but if you watched the whole game it was one of the best 1-0 games you will have ever seen.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

Never understood why hockey hasn't had a larger audience, then again people today just follow what their told by ESPN to follow...

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playoff Hockey is 2nd only to NFL Playoffs in my book and it is a close 2nd!! NBA couldn't put a show on like that if they went back to fixing the games!! NHL way better to watch than the NBA!!

123 Last