We Are Getting Closer For Another Stock Market Collapse

Housing buried
    Jobs buried
    Currencies buried
    Debt buried

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

That is all old news and priced into the stock market. The market may go down 10-20% but that is far from a collapse. That could be viewed as just a healthy correction though it did breakdown thru its 50 and 100 day moving averages this afternoon. That isn't a good sign near term.

The real problem is the greedy old fukkers in this country who think it is their right to receive 10x or 100x or even more in Social Security and Medicare than they ever paid in and who are effectively blackmailing anybody Congress who would even attempt a small reform to those 2 ponzi schemes let alone phase them out as should be done.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

nah.. looks like more of a quarter or two pause while the world works through some mismanaged debt issues. Stocks will continue to be bought as long as there is no competition from dividend & interest investments.

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Once QE2 ends, the recession will begin. I give it two years.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

i fukking hope not, enough of this bullshit already

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Once QE2 ends, the recession will begin. I give it two years.
    That is possible but the 10 yr yield is now at 2.9%. Somebody other than the FED has been buying up bonds so unless they just stop buying I don't see it. QE is and was overrated in my opinion.

Iced

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    That is possible but the 10 yr yield is now at 2.9%. Somebody other than the FED has been buying up bonds so unless they just stop buying I don't see it. QE is and was overrated in my opinion.
    The only reason the stock market got "better" was because the Fed printed $1.6 trillion worth of base money. (Of course, this is a fake recovery, printing money does not help.) This is the third bubble in twelve years the Fed has created. The Fed needs to be abolished.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The only reason the stock market got "better" was because the Fed printed $1.6 trillion worth of base money. (Of course, this is a fake recovery, printing money does not help.) This is the third bubble in twelve years the Fed has created. The Fed needs to be abolished.
    Post of year

1000% correct

We are in a false economy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Post of year 1000% correct We are in a false economy
    so whats going to make everyone better off Ace?

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Uh, guys? If ending QE2 is going to cause a recession....why not just don't end QE2? I mean its not like interest rates are going up, and core inflation is still weak. Sure oil is going up, but its not demand related and we all saw how easy it was to force speculators out of the market by just raising margin requirements. Corn is up but almost 50% of corn is used to create worthless ethanol as a welfare program for Iowans who for some reason get to vote for President first. I could understand New Hampshire which has both a small population *and* is a small state but traveling through Iowa takes forever just to see a handful of people.

And of course Gold is up but I have yet to find someone who can explain why I should care. On the whole Gold in and of itself is pretty worthless except that its rare so it used to be used as money.

The only explanations for why we shouldn't do more QE that I've heard so far are pretty much folk wisdom and superstition. It makes me think the real reason the economy hasn't recovered is that people are just plain being too irrational.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

US default could be disastrous choice for economy
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110424/...efault_what_if

Brock Landers

market is down a little over 150 in the last 2 days and people are shitting?

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18831

Don't really follow the market but I do think bad times are gonna happen to the stock market sooner rather than later.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Start posting your rubber bands every day and we'll all be Bill Gates rich soon.

Iced

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    The only explanations for why we shouldn't do more QE that I've heard so far are pretty much folk wisdom and superstition. It makes me think the real reason the economy hasn't recovered is that people are just plain being too irrational.
    Because QE doesn't actually help the economy. It only makes the economy look good statistically. Printing money, which essentially all QE is, only creates bubbles. QE can make the economy look good in the short term, but it's devastating in the long-run.

bradnowell
    bradnowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

f\*\*k i thought now was the time to buy

Going4Broke
    Going4Broke's Avatar Become A Pro!

Insurance companies buy the majority of government bonds and they just lowered their caps on most products. Glad I got a lot of clients in a few weeks ago!

Iced

Quote Originally Posted by bradnowell View Post
    f\*\*k i thought now was the time to buy
    Correct. Time to buy silver.

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Us managers are hard pressed to find yield .Nothing is holding up anymore and you never know what you are going to get piling into commodities right now.Volumes have been down along time and I don't see the average investor moving money into the markets.As far as corporate bonds go the money has been made there as the trips on some of thes things are barely above the 3.5 % inflation mark.I would be very careful with corporates alot of these sales are stupid take Norfolk Southern with a 100 year yeilding 3.7% inflation could easily
    be 18% tomorrow.As far as Greece goes let them default it's not gonna be the first or last country to do it.Continuing on to the currency markets I am short the Yuan long the dollar.

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME

QE3 would be dismal Bernanke is already surpressimg interest rates .My charts have stagnant growth in the US for a long time.Same situation is happening over again banks issuing loans to unworthy people.

mr.inpak
    mr.inpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I hope not my question is where would you put your money if not in stocks you cant get more then 2% intrest in cds

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME

Quote Originally Posted by mr.inpak View Post
    I hope not my question is where would you put your money if not in stocks you cant get more then 2% intrest in cds
    25% in Cds 20% in corporate bonds yeilding more than 3.5% 25% in the Dow 30 ( only the ones that pay dividends)

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

everything is in cycles

ALWAYS have options

today is today, there's money to be made................tomorrow there's money to be made

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

jjgold thriving

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Fukk it let it tank....

America needs a depression, too many soft muthafukkas around here.....

We need sacrifice and hard work to come back.....

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

china owns our ass. that commercial with the chinese professor is very true.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

things dont look good coach

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

Plus Junes have been generally terrible for the last decade

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Correct. Time to buy silver.
    nah that ship sailed already im afraid. will never be high 40's or more like it was a month or so ago.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Sell in May buy in November. Always win win situation for the savvy investor.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good point Paver

Anyone giving money to brokers or any investment bank or company is a real fukkin jerkoff
    All they do is buy and sell and rape you with commissions and your money never grows

Put money in bank now your better off and i you do ake some trades do it yourself and place like E-Trade, Scott, Ameritrade as they all have tools for you to make it easy..

Brokers are touts and scums

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Good point Paver

Anyone giving money to brokers or any investment bank or company is a real fukkin jerkoff
    All they do is buy and sell and rape you with commissions and your money never grows

Put money in bank now your better off and i you do ake some trades do it yourself and place like E-Trade, Scott, Ameritrade as they all have tools for you to make it easy..

Brokers are touts and scums
    You are the biggest fool here you really think people entrust us with money just to have it no grow?If you believe that's what we do then you are dumber than I thought.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

You can still make 7% in A- rated preferred stocks and they pay quarterly.

The deal with preferred stocks is they never mature. So you need a ladder-in strategy to cost average and you need to use the portion of your portfolio reserved for those investments you hold for 10+ years or more.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

QE3 is coming, believe it.

12 Last