DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8463

I don't catch CBC down here which would be my number one choice if it were available. I would change the channel during the first period intermission. I can't watch Cherry anymore.

NBC does a great job IMO.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    wow, we think alike,. i swear to god i did the same thing. i put on nbc to help ratings, but you know what, i couldn't take more than 2 min of nbc. man did nbc suck. first, the HD image was shitty. the ice was too bright and not clear and announcer was not that good. i had to go back to CBC because picture was crisp and perfect, smooth and jim hughson is way better. plus nbc was 8 seconds behind cbc. what a diff between cbc and nbc. nbc sucks big time.

i swear, if nhl ratings on nbc doesn't break a record, i will be pissed. i'ts on nbc, not versus...no nba, no mlb, no big shows like idol, glee, etc.. nothing else on tv... it's sat night and no work the next day and it's the cup finals..i better see good #'s for this one, or i throw in the towel. this was hockey's biggest chance to shine in the spotlight in the usa.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp6498

How about the opposite of a record?

pepper60000
    pepper60000's Avatar Become A Pro!

i live in Canada but prefer watching NBC feed.....not sure why, I just can't stand CBC...I'm not Canadian but live in Canada so maybe thats why...

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

One of the reason Hockey players are the toughest among-st athletes they have heart take those type of a hit. See that hit, wow that prolly end his career.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

I can't stand the NBC announcers. So blatantly biased toward Vancouver. Sounds like I am listening to a local homer Vancouver broadcast of the game.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

Quote Originally Posted by 70kgman View Post
    I can't stand the NBC announcers. So blatantly biased toward Vancouver. Sounds like I am listening to a local homer Vancouver broadcast of the game.
    you serious, biased for vancouver?? why would they cheer for vancy?? i thought for sure the opposite seeing boston is an american city and nbc is american and they want to please their viewers in US as it's good for nbc and hockey if boston win.

also, i need to know what was ratings yesterday. it has to be huge.. if anyone has it, pls post it... last night, no nba.. quiet night in bases.. nothing on tv that's good.. game was primetime and not too late..i am hoping to see huge #'s.. if not, hockey is in trouble.. another great chance to shine for NHL.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

It's not "hate". Hockey has a lot of unidentifiable players regarding the USA and it's rare that a goal is scored. It's frustrating to watch and difficult to skate.

Example: If I had nobody to play with and I had a basketball, I could practice my skills. How could I do that with hockey? It's Canadian based, rinks are far away, and it's a sport that you can play by yourself. (unless you want to aim at the net)

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    you serious, biased for vancouver?? why would they cheer for vancy?? i thought for sure the opposite seeing boston is an american city and nbc is american and they want to please their viewers in US as it's good for nbc and hockey if boston win.
    Pierre Mcguire is the worst and most blatant. Their commentary is always based around Vancouver, they never give Boston credit for anything. If you listen closely you will see what I mean. If Boston dominate Vancouver for stretches, it is never Boston that was playing well, it was Vancouver not playing up to par. The entire NBC boradcast has that kind of biased undertone to it.

I think Pierre Mcguire has some kind of grudge against Boston, I talked to soemone who was watching a bootleg stream of one of the Boston/TB games, which picked up the audio during commercial breaks and it picked up Pierre bashing Boston because they refused one of his post game interviews from the bench.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bruins came to play yesterday.......ratings will be good around here

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Got into hockey late in life now my #1 sport

SuddenDee
    SuddenDee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Americans don't hate hockey. We just like football, baseball and basketball better.

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

you couldnt play hockey in 85% of the states when i was growing up

the weather in the U.S. hot mostly

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Americans cant follow fast paced games .. Thats why they like baseball basketball and football..

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

Hockeys great this has been a great series so far. To me more interesting than NBA. But to each their own

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    NBA players would play for free.......for the love of the game. Good upstanding citizens. Hard workers. No off-court issues. NHL players are only there for the paycheck. No passion. Oh, and poor character guys. Very soft as well.
    lol

First 1234