MichaelWaters
    MichaelWaters's Avatar Become A Pro!

MW Stanley Cup (series) Silver Edition Play +320

Boston Bruins (in 6 or 7) +320

Canucks are no where near the NHL power ppl are led to believe. They do not have a single premier dman (Pronger, Chara , Lidstrom who log 28+ minutes a game), they do not have a megastar pair of forwards or even a single hall of fame caliber fwd (malkin, crosby, zetterburg, datysuk ect). They only scored 16 more goals in the regular season then did the Bruins, and goaltending is a push at best. However i favor Tim Thomas and a house money attitude over Luongo and the pressure he will be getting. These teams matchup very evenly with Chara being the biggest factor in the series when matching up against the Sedin line. Looking at the NHL player ratings I just dont see why vegas has the Bruins +210 in the series overall, i think a fair price would be +145. But the public thinks that Vancouver is an elite team like the Red Wings of a few years ago and they are not even close to that. This series will almost certainly go deep and I love the Bruins in 6 (+615) or 7 (+670), taking both it comes out to +320.

Bruins Forwards
    Bergeron 86
    Horton 84
    Krejci 84
    Lucic 83
    Recchi 82
    Ryder 82
    Kelly 80
    Paille 80
    Peverley 80
    Marchard 79
    Seguin 79

Bruins Defense/Goal
    Chara 89
    Kaberle 84
    Seidenberg 80
    Boychuk 78
    Ference 78
    McQuaid 76

T.Thomas 90

Canucks Forwards
    H.Sedin 91
    D.Sedin 90
    Kesler 88
    Burrows 83
    Higgins 82
    Samuelsson 82
    Raymond 81
    Torres 80
    Lapierre 79
    Hansen 77
    Glass 77

Canucks Defense
    Ehrhoff 83
    Ballard 82
    Hamhuis 80
    Edler 80
    Bieksa 80
    Salo 79

Luongo 90

The Sedin line is tough, but Chara is the best shut-down defenseman hockey has seen in years. Every single game will be close, and the series will go deep. Take the Bruins is a great deal going against the public.

Attached Images  
    Points Awarded:

bobbyfk gave MichaelWaters 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

great write up!!

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I tend to agree with what your saying, but I think you're overlooking Ryan Kesler. He is arguably the best all around player in the league. The kid can score with anyone, is a defensive annoyance and has speed. It should be a very interesting matchup and I'm curious to see how the Bergeron/Kesler pans out. I think we'll see one player get really hot the next 4-7 games and take over a couple of games. Not sure if it's a superstar or from which team, but it has that type of feeling. Thomas or Luongo are going to be shaking their head at the end saying "How the fukk did he beat me so many times?!"

Bruins in 7.

MichaelWaters

thanks Bobby

VI yes i know Kesler is really good, really fast and turning into a superstar and hes the reason i think a fair price on Vancouver would be -165. Otherwise these teams matchup very evenly and the Bruins will be the best team that the Canucks will face this playoffs. Anyone who take Van -235 in this series has to understand that they do not have a great defense and they arent cup ready like a typical detroit team. They will have to get some breaks to beat the Bruins these teams matchup that closely

MichaelWaters

just like to remind everyone im 4-0 on EVEN or better picks

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

+ 615 and +670. damn. with how greedy i am, that's very tempting haha. Well, i dont think boston has a hall of fame forward either. Vancouver has Kessler, Sedins. And Bieksa is a very good defenseman for vancouver. Also, i think the key to the series is special teams. Vancouver has an absolutely lethal powerplay (28%). The bruins had a tough time stopping tampa bays powerplay. If they can't shut down vancouver's powerplay, they are in trouble. However, if boston can do a good job against the vancouver powerplay, they have a chance. Boston wants this series to be played 5-on-5. If we get a 5-on-5 series for most of the games, boston has a legitimate shot. But, if vancouver's powerplay is going to take over the series, boston's in trouble. How will boston's penalty kill do against the vancouver powerplay? We just don't know. But i dont think Vancouver will go 1-22 on the powerplay this series. Boston cannot take penalties. and if they do they HAVE to kill them off. If you take the special teams out, boston has a legitimate chance. But with the lopsided special teams (vancouver's much better pp,pk), that makes them the edge.

so in conclusion, no, i dont think vancouver is the favorite just because of kessler or the sedin twins. I see them as the favorite because of being much better on special teams. All comes down to how many penalties boston takes and how well they do killing them off. If they're gonna give vancouver 3-4 powerplay's a game, bruins are in for a tough battle. If boston can stay out of the box and play almost all of the series 5-on-5, sure they have a chance. As long as they can play on the road... which, i dont see why not. they've been a good road team all year. And to vancouver's credit, vancouver has been a good road team all year. And as another person pointed out here the other day, vancouver had the best record this year partly because they were in a creampuff conference. two of the nhl's worst teams are in their division, so that makes it easier for them to rack up wins. One last time: Boston has to shut down vancouver's powerplay, or not take many penalties. If they can do that, i think +615 is a huge line and is high enough to be worth it to bet bruins to win in game 6/7

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

You lose a bit of credibility when you say Chara is an elite d-man. Have you seen him play? He has a hard shot and a long stick to poke check people that's about it. He is a slower skater than the Sedins (that's saying something) and is overrated big time. The reason he plays 28 minutes also is because of the lack of depth on Boston's back-end. Chara is gonna look silly many times in this series with the Nucks team speed.

Vancouver has the best top 6 D in the league, that's why no one plays 28+ minutes a night. There's no need to. The only edge Boston has in this series is the slight edge in goal, other than that they are outclassed across the board. VAN has no mega-star forwards? They have the leading scorers the last two seasons. They are just flukes or what?

The only thing I agree with in this post is the price on the series. VAN should be around -160 not -230. What are your player ratings from NHL 2010 on Xbox? GL anyways and why isn't this a Gold Edition Play?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Public is loving Boston, thinking value.

Vancouver wins this series.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    You lose a bit of credibility when you say Chara is an elite d-man. Have you seen him play? He has a hard shot and a long stick to poke check people that's about it. He is a slower skater than the Sedins (that's saying something) and is overrated big time. The reason he plays 28 minutes also is because of the lack of depth on Boston's back-end. Chara is gonna look silly many times in this series with the Nucks team speed.

Vancouver has the best top 6 D in the league, that's why no one plays 28+ minutes a night. There's no need to. The only edge Boston has in this series is the slight edge in goal, other than that they are outclassed across the board. VAN has no mega-star forwards? They have the leading scorers the last two seasons. They are just flukes or what?

The only thing I agree with in this post is the price on the series. VAN should be around -160 not -230. What are your player ratings from NHL 2010 on Xbox? GL anyways and why isn't this a Gold Edition Play?
    At least someone agrees with me. I think Chara is just bad. He's so sloppy with the puck it's ridiculous, his only real positive aspect is his shot, size, and stick.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

bruins have no chance to win this series. NONE whatsoever barring injuries

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

The Canucks are huge faves for a reason, they are a much better team
    Canucks in 5

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelWaters View Post
    thanks Bobby

VI yes i know Kesler is really good, really fast and turning into a superstar and hes the reason i think a fair price on Vancouver would be -165. Otherwise these teams matchup very evenly and the Bruins will be the best team that the Canucks will face this playoffs. Anyone who take Van -235 in this series has to understand that they do not have a great defense and they arent cup ready like a typical detroit team. They will have to get some breaks to beat the Bruins these teams matchup that closely

MichaelWaters

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    how many all-star appearances (all-time) for any canuck d-man

so many homers in this thread

MichaelWaters

vs Nashville (Weber and Suter)

H.Sedin (-4)
    D.Sedin (-6)

and Chara/Seidy are better.

BTW dennygreen, those ratings come from the scouting/gm of every NHL team. Chara is rated the best overall defenseman in the world. if you think he cant handle the puck watch him tonight. he breaks up the flow of the opposing top line so much it goes unoticed, its like federer making it look ez. you homers are doomed, i cant wait until the favorite nux start gripping those sticks real tight when games are 1-1 in the 3rd

nevermind old softie luongo

i wonder how hard his heart will be beating if any games go to o.t.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelWaters View Post
    how many all-star appearances (all-time) for any canuck d-man

so many homers in this thread
    What's your point? Canucks have one of the deepest defensive corps are all mostly capable of logging big minutes.

CanuckG

Bruins are a hybrid of the Sharks and Preds. They can grind it out and they have 'structure'.

They don't have the front line talent but I agree they can roll all 4 lines and their six d-men can play big minutes. Individual match-ups with Chara and Seidenberg vs twins and Kesler vs Krejci's line. Bruins are going to have to win those match ups to have a shot. Also, better keep the play 5 on 5 because the Canucks PP has been great while if the Canucks get a man down the Bruins PP has been invisible....then the goalies. Tim Thomas is going to have to stand on his head....Bruins if they win the scores will be 1-0 or 2-1 and that will all on be on Thomas.

It is worrying that everyone loves the Canucks but it's hard not to....you led the league in offence, the PP, giving up fewest goals, and best faceoff %. Then you're ranked 3rd on the PK and finish with two of the top 4 leading scorers.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Are the bruins the worst team out of the east to make the finals the last 20 years? Never seen a team with such anemic offense since the 96 panthers.

CanuckG

Finally SBR back on my phone....fukk sakes Tim Thomas is good. Not sure where they'd be without him...he's going to pull a Kirk McLean and make 50 saves in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup and lead his team to a 2-1 win.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

canucks in 3

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

But seriously .......... Canucks are better at nearly every position and barring several injuries to the Canucks, they win this series. I say in 4 or 5 games

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Bieksa is very underrated (at least by you) and he is going to make quite a bit of money as a FA this summer

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

You seriously just brought up all-star appearances?

You do know the all-star game is predominately a popularity contest right?

You're trying so hard to sound like you know what you're talking about but it's clear you watch maybe 3-4 hockey games a year. Good effort with the write up but any hockey fan with half a brain
    can see right through you Mr. Waters

How about your "elite d-man" Chara tonight? On for the winning goal against and countless giveaways in his zone. Hey at least he's ranked #1 D by NHL GM's though right?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Chara is overrated, he's just a pylon and goon when losing. He won't really do shit.

Vancouver is not that great but all the better teams already lost and they got the perfect match ups.

MichaelWaters

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    bruins have no chance to win this series. NONE whatsoever barring injuries

MichaelWaters

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Are the bruins the worst team out of the east to make the finals the last 20 years? Never seen a team with such anemic offense since the 96 panthers.
    3.2 goals a game this series

MichaelWaters

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3503

i wouldnt be laughin yet dude. i hate vancouver but i think they win game 7. even w/their home ice adv being one of the weakest imo, its still strong enough to give them an edge.