I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    those are the 2 worst attendance parks in all of baseball.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance
    milwaukee drawing 3 million+ again this year

not sure why someone said you could shoot a cannon at wrigley and not hit anyone, it's a sellout almost every game and they draw 3 million also.
    they had 30,000 for the Memorial Day game earlier this week (not tickets sold)

The season ticket base (mostly held by brokers and scalpers) is NOT going to the game and NOT finding buyers for the product. The Cubs, especially in that old park, NEED people to actually go to the game and really spend on more than just the ticket. The 2nd tier market for Cubs ticks is history. Next year, you'll see a lot more season tickets available as those that used them as a steady income source bail.

http://rickkaempfer.blogspot.com/201...e-is-down.html

adding this story off the radio today...

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/04/27/is...isis-or-fluke/

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Quiet down until your teams wins it's first title. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Big Brother aka.......Dodger Blue
    Hey McCourt, let us have the amount of payroll the Dodgers have and watch us use it wisely without being beat by the Phillies in the NLCS 2 years in a row.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post

The season ticket base (mostly held by brokers and scalpers) is NOT going to the game and NOT finding buyers for the product. The Cubs, especially in that old park, NEED people to actually go to the game and really spend on more than just the ticket. The 2nd tier market for Cubs ticks is history. Next year, you'll see a lot more season tickets available as those that used them as a steady income source bail.

true, the cubs having the worst home record in the nl last year didn't help. and having a terrible home record again this year doesn't help.
    even "lovable losers" fans are just as prone to jumping on and off the bandwagon as anyone.

it took a while though. even though the cubs haven't won a playoff game since the bartman incident 8 YEARS AGO the stands have still been pretty much packed since then.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

your 2nd link is from april 2010???

I/O

your 2nd link is from april 2010???
    sorry Mike

must'a copied the wrong story

There's a lot of talk here about attendance ticket sales. Especially the roof tops. It comes up almost every other day on one of the sports shows.

The latest talk is all about future revenue streams for Wrigley and what future changes the new ownership will bring to the design of good ol' Wrigley. Cubs fans (that aren't going to the games) do not want their monument touched. It's coming. I guess Boston's new park is what all stadiums are going to copy from here on out. Revenue signage etc all over the place.

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

sorry Mike must'a copied the wrong story There's a lot of talk here about attendance ticket sales. Especially the roof tops. It comes up almost every other day on one of the sports shows. The latest talk is all about future revenue streams for Wrigley and what future changes the new ownership will bring to the design of good ol' Wrigley. Cubs fans (that aren't going to the games) do not want their monument touched. It's coming. I guess Boston's new park is what all stadiums are going to copy from here on out. Revenue signage etc all over the place.
    Boston is building a new stadium? I havent heard anything of that

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    Boston is building a new stadium? I havent heard anything of that
    The [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green ! important]Red [COLOR=green ! important]Sox[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] just completed a 10-year, $285 million renovation of Fenway Park mostly funded by owner John Henry — except for up to 20 percent in locally approved historic preservation tax credits. But even though the Cubs have modeled their stadium plan after Boston's, the Red Sox have access to more revenue streams.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...s-cubs-tickets

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

ohh ok, a renovation. I thought you meant a totally new park. Would be sad if they did move to a new park...

kiln
    Ezekiel 25:17
    kiln's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

Giants have had 25 straight sell outs and average over 41,000 fans a night. I'm a season ticket holder and was thrilled to see the place packed for a mid-week game against the Nationals. The Nationals! From my vantage, baseball is alive and well.

BEAT LA!

I/O

I beleive these are "paid" tickets. NOT bodies in the seats. Actual attendance is much lower.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...tendance.shtml

hopefully all of this will cost Selig his gig
    Last edited by I/O; 06-10-11 at 01:52 PM.

ScreaminPain
    ScreaminPain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3172

i have absolutely nothing against hard working hispanics that learn english and become citizens. but anyone not willing to assimilate and learn english, or at the very least become a citizen, should not be allowed to stay.
    What he said....

kiln
    Ezekiel 25:17
    kiln's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

some of us that used to travel to la to watch a game don't want to get beat up by illegal immigrants. same reason i don't go to wrigley very often.

kind of sad when a bunch of people that don't even speak english get let in the country to make bankers rich, and they end up leading to the destruction of society.

i have absolutely nothing against hard working hispanics that learn english and become citizens. but anyone not willing to assimilate and learn english, or at the very least become a citizen, should not be allowed to stay.

1. English is not the state language of the United States. To have a state language would violate the very (rhetorical) premise of the country.

2. Presumably you feel the same way about all the ex-pat gringos in Costa Rica who operate the online books that keep SBR alive. In CR, Spanish is the official language. And few, if any, of the bookies there are citizens.

3. English language competency for second and third generation Hispanics is about the same as it's been for every other ethnic group ever.

4. Even Sam Huntington apologized (in part) for his delusional thinking.

5. If you're irritated by not being able to understand what a lot of the people around you are saying, then learn their language. Or perhaps you are, in your won words, you're not willing to work that hard.

6. People in the U.S. have been complaining about the "destruction of society" since before Jonathan Edwards and he died in the 18th century. Move on.
    Last edited by kiln; 06-14-11 at 04:18 PM.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Might have something to do with the Dodgers sucking, and people getting their asses beat in the parking lot on the way to watching the Dodgers sucking.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea who wants to argue with gangsters i would not go

First 12