Betpoints: 1122

"you will have my money doyle"
    -Ivey

I have your money Phil
    -Tony_come

Reno Paul
    Reno Paul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

Will be interesting how many players will play the WSOP....The pros would be nuts to wear Full Tilt gear.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    Sounds like Phillip Ivey is scared some 21 year old kid was going to take a shot at him
    The odds of Howard Lederer getting knocked off is far greater, from what I understand he and Ray Bitar (whoever the hell he is) basically ran tiltware which was in charge of players funds. Phil Ivey had nothing to do with players being stiffed or not he was just a billboard for the site but you're right somebody with 200k online and only 10k in their "real" bank account might take a shot at Ivey after they get foreclosed on their home and are living under an overpass after putting "online poker pro" as their job description on a resume doesnt land them a job outside of McDs

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Paul View Post
    Will be interesting how many players will play the WSOP....The pros would be nuts to wear Full Tilt gear.
    Somethin tells me there will be alot more joke shirt like Full Tilt Sucks, I cant imagine any site advertising this year and I really cant imagine Full Tilt advertising this year

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Ivy did not want the pressure of being there

I bet he is in hiding

Guys must want to kill him

there's a list

you dont want to be on that list

"dont fukk with ppl money"

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    and on behalf of all poker players I refuse to remain silent any longer. I have electronically filed a lawsuit against Tiltware related to the unsettled player accounts.

Not a terrible PR move by Phil, probably will win him more favor than just staying silent. And now at least he has a pre-canned explanation for not showing up at the WSOP.

Maybe I'm reading too much into a poor choice of words, but what is the difference between a regular lawsuit, and an "electronically" filed lawsuit.

Do you get your day in court faster, just like when you file your tax return electronically?

And apparently this lawsuit is "on behalf of all poker players..." so is this a class action suit or one that benefits Phil Ivey only?

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Somethin tells me there will be alot more joke shirt like Full Tilt Sucks, I cant imagine any site advertising this year and I really cant imagine Full Tilt advertising this year

Good business opportunity, making anti-full tilt shirts. Sell them only in the USA. Use the Full Tilt logo and trademark copiously. Not much chance of them suing you, or at least showing up in court to sue you.......

If they settle with the DOJ, then maybe you might want to watch out....

tony_come

to all the yound kids/amatuer gamblers...Becoming A PRO is better than SBR PRO.

Its easy to access real cash than electronic cash

tony_come

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post
    Good business opportunity, making anti-full tilt shirts. Sell them only in the USA. Use the Full Tilt logo and trademark copiously. Not much chance of them suing you, or at least showing up in court to sue you.......

If they settle with the DOJ, then maybe you might want to watch out....

sharpest on SBR and too

gamemastere
    gamemastere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

so happy to have avoided all that PS/tilt/cereus mess

Gruntworker
    Gruntworker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3899

Even though Ivey is a beast, I think it's pretty well known that he doesn't particularly enjoy tournaments. He is there for the side games and usually gets little to no sleep because he plays the tournaments all day (due to his bracelet prop bets) and then the cash games all night), rinse and repeat. He'll probably be better off just playing the cash games while this mess is so public anyway. Props to Ivey for speaking up but I'm a little surprised with his lawsuit considering he has a piece of Full Tilt.

Somewhere Clonie Gowen is laughing right now...

JOEY_TT
    JOEY_TT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

go phlil!!!!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Odds Ivey in on the theft of players money +175

Ivey is a gambler

Enough said

oldstylecubsfan
    oldstylecubsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

who do you think cried more, the PGA after thanksgiving dinner or espn/harrahs after browsing around on facebook

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Or maybe he generally cares about the future of the fuk'in game! You got the first part right, you really "don't" think much! Maybe Phil will give you his fuk'in stack of chips and let your dumb ass play for him!Since you claim you're so fuk'in great with other people's chips, mr. 17th place finisher! I wouldn't even want that fuk'in badge on my signature!Top ten, yes, 17th place, stfu!
    nice to know I got under your skin buddy.

when you gonna qualify anyway mikey or is sbr just out to get you.
    Last edited by Cuse0323; 06-02-11 at 02:44 AM.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

He has beefed up his security and not hitting the clubs like he did a few months back. Will pop through the Rio sometime this week to see what the crowd looks like so far.

AzNDooM
    St.Louis blues WIN ML
    AzNDooM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3523

Why he is sitll one of my favourite players. Good poker Etiquency

LotsoCheese
    I want my NFL!
    LotsoCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Possibly the best ever. Good stuff Phil.

tukkk
    ★★★★★
    tukkk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its kind of backstabbing the other FTP pros, but he has got to take the obvious +EV play
    I must flip a coin to pick, if Ivey or his lawyer started this tho

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

buncha fake mutherfukkers around here......

Good on ya Phil, I always knew u were a straight shooter and a class act.......

Expose those plastic mutherfukkers for what they are - money grubbing cocksuckers who will suffer the same fate as those who have traveled down a similar path.

Even the longest road comes to an end fellas.... Having a bit of pride and dignity goes further than most realize.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Tiltware response to Ivey's lawsuit.

“Contrary to his sanctimonious public statements, Phil Ivey’s meritless lawsuit is about helping just one player – himself. In an effort to further enrich himself at the expense of others, Mr. Ivey appears to have timed his lawsuit to thwart pending deals with several parties that would put money back in players’ pockets. In fact, Mr. Ivey has been invited -- and has declined -- to take actions that could assist the company in these efforts, including paying back a large sum of money he owes the site. Tiltware doubts Mr. Ivey’s frivolous and self-serving lawsuit will ever get to court. But if it does, the company looks forward to presenting facts demonstrating that Mr. Ivey is putting his own narrow financial interests ahead of the players he professes to help.”

Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/0...suit-10506.htm

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Odds Ivey in on the theft of players money +17500000
    fyp.

He just as scum as the rest of them.

Mammon
    Mammon's Avatar Become A Pro!

How could Ivey owe Full Tilt money?

stevenash

^
    He has a partnership agreement.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Full Tilt Response

“Contrary to his sanctimonious public statements, Phil Ivey’s meritless lawsuit is about helping just one player – himself. In an effort to further enrich himself at the expense of others, Mr. Ivey appears to have timed his lawsuit to thwart pending deals with several parties that would put money back in players’ pockets. In fact, Mr. Ivey has been invited — and has declined — to take actions that could assist the company in these efforts, including paying back a large sum of money he owes the site. Tiltware doubts Mr. Ivey’s frivolous and self-serving lawsuit will ever get to court. But if it does, the company looks forward to presenting facts demonstrating that Mr. Ivey is putting his own narrow financial interests ahead of the players he professes to help.”
    There is much more to this who saga and we will continue to work every angle in the hopes of finding out exactly what is going on. Much that has been reported is opinions and speculation on Ivey’s finances and contract with Full Tilt Poker.

goldman40
    goldman40's Avatar Become A Pro!

i hope everyone gets there money from tilt

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Mammon View Post
    How could Ivey owe Full Tilt money?
    Ivey is a partner in Full Tilt, though he has nothing to do with the operations of the company he was paid 5% ownership of the site to be their spokesperson, he shares responsibility (at least financially) if the company has robbed all its customers.

You cant own 5% of Madoffs company and have him pay you your 5 billion dollars while he stiffs everyone else

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by goldman40 View Post
    i hope everyone gets there money from tilt
    I hope to **** Jessica Alba in the ass but it aint gonna happen

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

The Disingenuousness of Phil Ivey

As most of you know by now, Phil Ivey, Poker Star extroadinare, and arguably the best known poker player in the world, has filed a lawsuit against Full Tilt Poker seeking 150 million in damages, along with injuctive relief asking to be released from his FTP contract to pursue other potential endorsement deals. To beging this process, Phil Ivey released the following PR statement on his website;
    “For many years, I have been proud to call myself a poker player. This great sport has taken me to places I only imagined going and I have been blessed with much success. It is therefore with deep regret that I believe I am compelled to release the following statement.
    I am deeply disappointed and embarrassed that Full Tilt players have not been paid money they are owed. I am equally embarrassed that as a result many players cannot compete in tournaments and have suffered economic harm. I am not playing in the World Series of Poker as I do not believe it is fair that I compete when others cannot. I am doing everything I can to seek a solution to the problem as quickly as possible.
    My name and reputation have been dragged through the mud, through the inactivity and indecision of others and on behalf of all poker players I refuse to remain silent any longer. I have electronically filed a lawsuit against Tiltware related to the unsettled player accounts. As I am sure the public can imagine, this was not an easy decision for me.
    I wholeheartedly refuse to accept non-action as to repayment of players funds and I am angered that people who have supported me throughout my career have been treated so poorly.
    I sincerely hope this statement will ignite those capable of resolving the problems into immediate action and would like to clarify that until a solution is reached that cements the security of all players, both US and International, I will, as I have for the last six weeks, dedicate the entirety of my time and efforts to finding a solution for those who have been wronged by the painfully slow process of repayment.”
    The above statement has to be the most disgenious drivel I have ever read before. While I respect Ivey for looking out for his own interest here. I DO NOT RESPECT IVEY because he claims to care about the players who have not yet been paid”
    The Lawsuit in brief can be viewed at the following link ;
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/56836292/I...mplaint-060111
    Ivey goes on in his statement that his lawsuit has to do with PLAYERS, “plural”, accounts. Yet no where in the complaint filed does Phil seek relief for anyone else but himself. Ivey is asking for 150 million dollars for HIMSELF! If Ivey is even remotely doing this for the players, why is that not mentioned at all in the complaint?
    I can certainly understand and agree with the complaint in terms of Ivey wanting to be let out of his contract with FTP.. But people, do not beleive Ivey is doing this for you!
    Nothing Ivey is doing now is for your own good, for you guys to get paid. In fact, in my opinion, this can only hurt FTP’s effort to ensure you all get paid sooner than later. Granted, FTP has handled this situation very poorly, and their PR SUCKS MONKEY PUCKEY. Let’s look at FTP’S response to Ivey’s PR and Lawsuit to see how bad their PR department really is;
    “Contrary to his sanctimonious public statements, Phil Ivey’s meritless lawsuit is about helping just one player — himself
    Tiltware doubts Mr. Ivey’s frivolous and self-serving lawsuit will ever get to court. But if it does, the company looks forward to presenting facts demonstrating that Mr. Ivey is putting his own narrow financial interests ahead of the players he professes to help.”
    Michele Clayborne, of the company’s public relations agency, said by e-mail.
    Who does PR for FTP, an angry boy who just got shot down by some hotty big chested girlie, thus rejecting his romantic desire? FTP should respond in a much more professional/adult manner. However, I do agree with them, Ivey is doing this for Ivey, and it is his right to do so for sure.
    Some sources have said that Ivey had an account frozen by The DOJ, and is looking to insulate himself from further indictments that are said to be coming. FTP says Ivey owes them money, implying Ivey is cash poor and is looking for a fast buck, wanting out of his contract to take another deal with another site, as Ivey also implies another site/endorsement deal in his legal complaint.
    Ivey has to know that by filing this lawsuit, it will not help anyone else but himself, and I think long term it may hurt Ivey. FTP made this bed however, and as I have mentioned many times before, they are handling this whole situation terribly. This post here is in no way meant to exonerate FTP or take their side in this. It is meant to show that Ivey does not give a shit about the players as his PR so disengenously stated. If you happen to be a man reading this and you beleive Ivey is out to help you, I would point out to you that the next time you take a piss, LIFT THE DAMNED TOILET SEAT UP MAN!

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by LotsoCheese View Post
    Possibly the best ever. Good stuff Phil.
    Overrated, wins by intimidation, like Helmuth, who is also overrated.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Badgers13 View Post
    hes the best in the world.
    No he's not.

pako74
    pako74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1199

Damn I dont care whos in the wrong. Just send me my money. Fock FULL TILT!!!!!

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    I hope to **** Jessica Alba in the ass but it aint gonna happen

lol, don't we all.

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

crazy stuff. Hope to see him soon

First 12345 Last