chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

As do I Hareeba ... but you have to look at Betfair from both a layer/trader's point of view as well as those who are just punters, and as you say, may never consider dangling a line in the water hoping to catch a fish.

I've found Canbet to have asian lines within a cent of two of SBO quite often, they're not as bad as they used to be. OK, they will limit you to 5 or 10 max stakes on horses in a blink if you're hitting them when they are out, but with football I do use them from time to time and when you factor in occasional 25% reload offers ... and I must be fortunate as I can easily get 200-500 euro on football with them

brad89
    brad89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    So what do you bet on that Betfair wouldn't give you odds at least competitive with wherever you do bet ?
    NBA (stopped before playoffs) and a bit of NRL.

If Matchbook accepted $AUD I'd be using them for sure.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by brad89 View Post
    NBA (stopped before playoffs) and a bit of NRL.

If Matchbook accepted $AUD I'd be using them for sure.
    fair enough
    it's well accepted that Betfair isn't the best place to bet on US sports
    so if that's all you're into it makes sense you don't use them a lot

I play at MB despite having to use USD
    not a valid reason imho to avoid them on that account
    there are hedging options available

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Canbet's strength is asian handicap live betting

Many will not do it but those software programs are free money programs as I am discovering , it is very good for turning over a profit in a live bet before game is final or getting free scalps but the catch is you need a nice junk in your account to grind out money.

If I was home 24 hrs a day and had $100,000 in betfair account and use a top betting program I can easily make 30K a year free money with no risk

chachi
    Lazy Git

JJ ... in a third of that time/effort and half that bankroll one can make 3x the figure you've quoted, but I am digressing now

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    JJ ... in a third of that time/effort and half that bankroll one can make 3x the figure you've quoted, but I am digressing now
    Chachi where do you live??

I will fukkin fly and meet you and you can give me a course on it

chachi
    Lazy Git

Cyprus nowadays ...

Problem is I had worked in the financial/trading arena for almost 20 years before retiring and starting doing sports, so in many ways I'm just leveraging what I learned/did all those years.

It's really no different that trading interest rates since odds are nothing but the yield you get paid for the stake or risk.

Using tennis as an example, multi-leg betting on once side of say Federer 3-0, 3-1, and 3-2 set scores against his opponent's match odds (or better yet, against his opponent with a set handicap) are often nice free cash opportunities and or chances for double payout or win + push if its an even number Asian handicap.

You need to think outside of the box JJ ... so many lines in soccer and tennis are natural offsets or slight middles against others ...

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If I was home 24 hrs a day and had $100,000 in betfair account and use a top betting program I can easily make 30K a year free money with no risk
    Well you're home 24 hrs a day so you only need 100k and a betfair account now

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Many will not do it but those software programs are free money programs as I am discovering , it is very good for turning over a profit in a live bet before game is final or getting free scalps but the catch is you need a nice junk in your account to grind out money.

In all seriousness this is a good post. If I could bet live I would be doing this. I've done some trading on horse racing because it is the only in play thing we can bet on.

jjgold

Betangel looks like very sharp software
    So many to choose from

vitalyo
    vitalyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

JJ you are entering something that you have zero knowledge . All this posts and articles over the internet are full of shit . And now we get an experts left and right.
    Bot vs human
    http://forum.punterslounge.com/f21/p...betfair-18485/

Another example ( i am too lazy to dig it up) .
    Back 5-6 years ago there was an EPL game, big match up , can't remember the teams .Anyway all 20 players were listed " the goal scorer market ". And all of them with various odds , so if you cover them all 106% -110% arbitrage on the BACK wager(the market % was moving as the bets were coming) BUT still green on all 20 . Trends were made on couple of forums reported massive over lay.
    LOL it was really funny when later on one of the teams announced that they will pull 6 players off this game . Guys who backed all 20 were crying .
    So the backs and lays on 6 players were canceled . Someone backed 14 players at ridicules odds knowing that 6 players will not start . Punters lost tons of money thinking they got sure thing . Your bot would rob you naked .

This is just one of very few examples . One mistake will wipe your bankroll .
    There is been soccer game betfair LIVE betting (surly with the odds) BUT showing the WRONG GAME on betfair TV so everyone assumed that they were wagering on that game .
    Some of the strategies that circulating over the net makes me laugh . The most popular one Trading the Draw (it was profitable 8-9 years ago)

98% of the punters lose with betfair . So bot or no bot it is not a free ride

If you wanna trade ,you still need to do your handicapping to predict which way the odds are gonna move . I always look ahead a day or 2 before the game is been played .

GL.
    Last edited by vitalyo; 06-02-11 at 12:24 PM.

chachi
    Lazy Git

of course vitalyo ... sheep get fleeced

First 12