SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR WSOP Qualifiers list, win a $10k Main Event seat!!

UPDATED LIST: June 2nd, 2011

Here's the updated list for the SBR WSOP Grand Satellite on June 25th. For details on how to qualify for a chance at a $10,000 seat and trip to beautiful Las Vegas, view the WSOP Main Event Satellite freerolls thread.

Last edited by SBR Lou; 06-02-11 at 12:38 PM. Reason: updated list with 6/1 qualifiers

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

There's 303 people on this list if anybody is wondering

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

That is going to be one long ass tournament. What is the structure for the 6/25 tourney? How long is that going to take?

JACK MATZ
    JACK MATZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2213

Please don't make the structure the same as the other tournaments.
    I'm sure SBR wants a good player in the WSOP, not someone who just got lucky having to go all in because the blinds go up so quick.
    The longer the tournament, the better the player will be.
    Last edited by JACK MATZ; 05-31-11 at 08:43 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by JACK MATZ View Post
    I'm sure SBR wants good player in the WSOP, not someone who just got lucky having to go all in because the blinds go up so quick.
    I disagree. With 500 some people, how long you want the tournament to last? Who has 10 consecutive hours on a Saturday to sit on their ass playing online poker? Gotta get lucky either way.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Please don't make the structure the same as the other tournaments. I'm sure SBR wants good player in the WSOP, not someone who just got lucky having to go all in because the blinds go up so quick. The longer the tournament, the better the player will be.
    Also disagree like d2bets this can drag on forever if the structure is changed. I understand the importance of sending a good player, but I think good players have adjusted to the format. I know I have no chance in hell of winning, I don't want to spend 10 hours on a Saturday to confirm this.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ahhhh gotta get my name on this list

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Came in 6th today...don't think it was enough though.

Maybe my thread that bitched about the qualifiers got some attention and they "flipped the switch" in my favor

jmathes
    jmathes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

great job guys, keep it up!

Pajda
    Pajda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I disagree. With 500 some people, how long you want the tournament to last? Who has 10 consecutive hours on a Saturday to sit on their ass playing online poker? Gotta get lucky either way.
    It won't last 10 hours, with 10 minutes levels approximately 500-600 players, my guess is 3-4 hours long.

Scratch
    Update your status
    Scratch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7280

I think a good structure would have the tourney last about 4 to 6 hours.

If you can't play poker for 6 hours, how do you expect to have any chance at the WSOP? (9 days @ 12+ hours each)

I think the prize justifies the time spent to win it. Besides, if you're that impatient, you won't last 4 hrs or more to worry about it.
    Points Awarded:

JACK MATZ gave Scratch 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Fishhead gave Scratch 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I agree wiht Scratch. If the person that earns SBR's seat at the WSOP think they have a chance, they'll have to be able to sustain 12+ hour sessions. Sitting in the comfort of your own home, watching games/tv, listening to music, eating/drinking, sitting if your favorite comfy chair should make this a piece of cake.
    Points Awarded:

JACK MATZ gave VegasInsider 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gman2114 gave VegasInsider 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JACK MATZ
    JACK MATZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2213

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    It should last as long as a normal poker tournament should last. I have no problem with the current structure for winning some points or to qualify for a bigger tounament.
    This is for a seat in the main event! I really don't think SBR wants to have someone representing them in the WSOP that just got lucky in a 7 min blind turbo all in fest.
    Im sure they also want someone representing them with the attitude of " Who's got 10 hours to play poker... Gotta get lucky either way...ect..."
    The tournament should be at least 10 to 15 min blinds and 3K starting stack. It will not take 10 hours, maybe 3 or 4 at that structure.
    The average online poker tournament is 12 min blinds. The WSOP events are 60 min blinds.
    If you think your a good poker player there is no way you should be in favor of a quick structure.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

It would be so awesome if the winner of this could somehow final table the main event........SBR would be GOLDEN.........or shutdown.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Unreal didn't know I was in haha weeee!

SBR you guys should up the prizes for 2nd and onward. I mean the poor guy in 2nd only gets 1500 betpoints? Haha that would sting badly. Should be like 10K points + an iPad or something for bubbling the WSOP seat.

Top 10 should get 5000 betpoints
    minimum. Hell I won 5000 for that Saturday final a few months back for finishing 6th and there was only 40 players.
    Step up the prizes SBR
    Last edited by DennisGreen; 05-31-11 at 09:16 PM.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17891

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    There's 303 people on this list if anybody is wondering
    Thanks, I was wondering just that

darys
    darys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5435

I've been trying to play every day and still couldn't make it. that's sad.

wiseguy14
    wiseguy14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

gl everyone!!!! its going to be fun

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Whats up with the Ryder Cup in June?

BigLouie66
    BigLouie66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 509

It should last as long as a normal poker tournament should last. I have no problem with the current structure for winning some points or to qualify for a bigger tounament.
    This is for a seat in the main event! I really don't think SBR wants to have someone representing them in the WSOP that just got lucky in a 7 min blind turbo all in fest.
    Im sure they also want someone representing them with the attitude of " Who's got 10 hours to play poker... Gotta get lucky either way...ect..."
    The tournament should be at least 10 to 15 min blinds and 3K starting stack. It will not take 10 hours, maybe 3 or 4 at that structure.
    The average online poker tournament is 12 min blinds. The WSOP events are 60 min blinds.
    If you think your a good poker player there is no way you should be in favor of a quick structure.
    Jack is totally correct on this one, SBR should make the blind levels at a minimum of 10 minutes and even that is considered a turbo in some venues. If someone cant spend a few hours for a chance to win a prize that is in the 10 to 15 thousand range, then thats pretty sad, and they'll be no such instant gratification in the WSOP....
    Points Awarded:

JACK MATZ gave BigLouie66 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Unreal didn't know I was in haha weeee!

SBR you guys should up the prizes for 2nd and onward. I mean the poor guy in 2nd only gets 1500 betpoints? Haha that would sting badly. Should be like 10K points + an iPad or something for bubbling the WSOP seat.

Top 10 should get 5000 betpoints
    minimum. Hell I won 5000 for that Saturday final a few months back for finishing 6th and there was only 40 players.
    Step up the prizes SBR
    Could very well end up that the person that bubbles may end up getting the seat at the WSOP by default. The person that wins may end up too young to play, not able to go, be on Homeland Security's No-Fly List, still have warrants for their arrest in Nevada, etc., so the bubble boy may have to be ready to step up and represent.

LUCKYCHUCK
    LUCKYCHUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29057

congrats to all the qualifiers

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    Could very well end up that the person that bubbles may end up getting the seat at the WSOP by default. The person that wins may end up too young to play, not able to go, be on Homeland Security's No-Fly List, still have warrants for their arrest in Nevada, etc., so the bubble boy may have to be ready to step up and represent.

ThaddeusB
    ThaddeusB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135661

Please make the structure as "slow" as possible. If you use the normal SBR structure (which qualifies as a turbo basically), it will be almost pure luck after the first hour and done by 2-2.5 hours, which means the top 200-300 will be determined solely by who wins coin flips.

With a more normal big tournament blind structure (20 min levels, smaller increments), this should last about 6 hours. If people don't want a real tournament, they shouldn't enter. Just to make the money in WSOP, you have to play 20+ hours of poker. To win, its more like 50 hours. Does SBR really want someone who is unwilling to play 6 hours representing them in a 20+ hour long event?
    Points Awarded:

JACK MATZ gave ThaddeusB 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

I'm sure SBR wants a good player in the WSOP, not someone who just got lucky having to go all in because the blinds go up so quick.
    Anyone winning any tournament has to get lucky.

Better player the longer the tourney???? LOL

WSOP ME champions say HI.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

I always played 5 minute blinds on PS and thought it was almost "slow".

Yet these supposed "good" players need a super slow structure to show their "skills"

If you are good you adjust to any structure and find an edge.

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

I'll just be interested to see if all of these suggestions are falling on deaf ears. SBR hasn't really adjusted any of their tournament speeds so far. It would be pretty laughable to play a turbo style tournament to get into one of the longest tourneys there is.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    I'll just be interested to see if all of these suggestions are falling on deaf ears. SBR hasn't really adjusted any of their tournament speeds so far. It would be pretty laughable to play a turbo style tournament to get into one of the longest tourneys there is.
    They've said they will slow it down.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1512

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Came in 6th today...don't think it was enough though. Maybe my thread that bitched about the qualifiers got some attention and they "flipped the switch" in my favor
    Yeah flip the fuk'in rigged switch and give others a chance to qualify!

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    Could very well end up that the person that bubbles may end up getting the seat at the WSOP by default. The person that wins may end up too young to play, not able to go, be on Homeland Security's No-Fly List, still have warrants for their arrest in Nevada, etc., so the bubble boy may have to be ready to step up
    and represent.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ThaddeusB View Post
    Please make the structure as "slow" as possible. If you use the normal SBR structure (which qualifies as a turbo basically), it will be almost pure luck after the first hour and done by 2-2.5 hours, which means the top 200-300 will be determined solely by who wins coin flips.

With a more normal big tournament
    blind structure (20 min levels, smaller increments), this should last about 6 hours. If people don't want a real tournament, they shouldn't enter. Just to make the money in WSOP, you have to play 20+ hours of poker. To win, its
    more like 50 hours. Does SBR really want someone who is unwilling to play 6 hours representing them in a 20+ hour long event?

12 minute blinds would be fine too but obviously the slower the better.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

I just want to make it to heads up with a ghost. I am sure there will be plenty in the field.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

by the time it starts everyone that will have "tried" to get in will be in

ireland1946
    ireland1946's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2267

The chances of someone winning this Tourney to get a seat and represent SBR
    in the WSOP are so slim, if you believe that he can beat 500 + Players, and some realy
    good ones to boot, by being just shit lucky, you are reaching. In all my years of playing
    I have never seen a Player being that LUCKY, so he or she must have played with a lot
    of skill and some luck along the way to get to that Point, playing with just pure LUCK
    only last for a while and than fades. I am not to worried, I am convinced that one of the
    top or better Players will thte Seat to go and represent SBR in Vegas

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by ireland1946 View Post
    The chances of someone winning this Tourney to get a seat and represent SBR
    in the WSOP are so slim, if you believe that he can beat 500 + Players, and some realy
    good ones to boot, by being just shit lucky, you are reaching. In all my years of playing
    I have never seen a Player being that LUCKY, so he or she must have played with a lot
    of skill and some luck along the way to get to that Point, playing with just pure LUCK
    only last for a while and than fades. I am not to worried, I am convinced that one of the
    top or better Players will thte Seat to go and represent SBR in Vegas
    i agree in part, however if the best player gets deaal 99 and a dummy 10s and the flop comes 973 tourn 10, river 2 i llbet any money the hero goes out.
    Poker is a game where luck gets involved at a higher rate.
    I agree that the best players play more than the cards, but after the first 2 hours probably all the unluky ones and the weak players prety will be all gone, just leaving a good field of solid players.
    i only hope that the best of the bests makes the final table so we can have a good representative at the WSOP

123 Last