ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Why did so many people laugh at the Rapture dude on here?

Cause, 40% of American believe Jesus will return by 2050.
    Im sure some of those 40% are on here at the moment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...Americans.html

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I think that even if Jesus did return, nobody would believe him. If some guy went and climbed a mountain today, and came back down and said he talked to a bush that was on fire, and the bush told him to write down these 10 laws that man must live by, we would mock and ridicule him.

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rofl Cnn News.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I believe Jesus will return..

Dont know when though.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

There ain't no damn jesus....people and their fairytales
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I believe Jesus will return..

Dont know when though.
    So, why's he been quiet all this time? It's been over 2,000 years now. You would think he'd pop in every once in awhile and say "hey, i'm still here, ain't forget about ya'll". No new updates to the bible. No new stories or miracles. There should be a Bible 2.0 out by now.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

"why did so many people laugh at the rapture dude?"
    ummmm........ because he's a looney tune who predicted the end of the world and the return of god\jesus.
    dont think we need much explanation beyond that.
    Also I'm not here to shit on anybodies religion but anybody who is actually waiting around for any "god" to show up and save the world should have their head examined.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    So, why's he been quiet all this time? It's been over 2,000 years now. You would think he'd pop in every once in awhile and say "hey, i'm still here, ain't forget about ya'll". No new updates to the bible. No new stories or miracles. There should be a Bible 2.0 out by now.
    Faith.

chilidog

Yah, I know. Faith. And it's God's Will. Si Dios Quiere.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Yah, I know. Faith. And it's God's Will. Si Dios Quiere.
    I'm not a religious nut, but I was raised catholic, so I have faith and care for other people.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

You do know people made all this up right? I mean, it's like 15 minutes in a library.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I think that even if Jesus did return, nobody would believe him. If some guy went and climbed a mountain today, and came back down and said he talked to a bush that was on fire, and the bush told him to write down these 10 laws that man must live by, we would mock and ridicule him.

Pretty sure that was Moses that climbed the mountain....not Jesus....but hey Christians copied everything else from the Jewish history so maybe they're claiming that too now

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Pretty sure that was Moses that climbed the mountain....not Jesus....but hey Christians copied everything else from the Jewish history so maybe they're claiming that too now
    copied??

Jesus was a Jew.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

from the story

"The results were compiled from telephone and online interviews with 1,546 adults in April."

ya 40% of Americans. You would have to go to a foreign news site to find a story like that.

chilidog

Yah I know it was Moses.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

copied??

Jesus was a Jew.

The man but not the myth .....

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

The man but not the myth .....
    if what Jesus did was a myth....

What's the Jew religion??

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

That dude had his rubber band play fail, if it's picking baseball winners or the rapture if you lose some here are always going to goof on you.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Faith is a fancy way of saying you're scared of the unknown and would rather believe fairy tales.

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Faith is a fancy way of saying you're scared of the unknown and would rather believe fairy tales.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

if what Jesus did was a myth....

What's the Jew religion??

Ya can't intertwine the two stories is what I meant....and I'm by no means a subject matter expert on Paul's version of Jesus...but Jesus as a Jew per se was not is the reason he wasn't protected by the councils etc....so without getting into a centuries old theological debate where we both believe one thing and who knows which is right/wrong, we just gotta place odds that we HOPE we are on the right outcome ....Jesus didn't practice Judaism as a religious means if he taught other than monotheism...basic fabric that separates the 2 religions....the salvation thing, trinity, original sin etc..you have to put in context 'jesus as the man, a teacher and great scholar' as well as the view of him that came about through Paul's teachings years after his death at the hands of the Romans and so on. The Jesus teachings in life vary differently from those who followed his divinity aspect throughout history after death as taught by Paul and his group.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.

- Carl Sagan

LarrysKid
    LarrysKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1479

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post
    Cause, 40% of American believe Jesus will return by 2050.
    Im sure some of those 40% are on here at the moment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...Americans.html
    I'm sure that nearly 100% of Christians in the last 2000 years thought that Christ would return within their lifetime, but it still has not happened. There must have been thousands of preachers throughout history getting their idiot sheep followers to believe them when they said Jesus was coming. Nothing has come from it except for the preachers getting rich and getting away with adultery, molesting children, and brainwashing the minds of the weak and innocent. People believe this crap because they are uncomfortable with the unkown and they want to think their deceased loved ones aren't actually gone, instead they are "in a better place". It's all just a coping mechanism for humanity to deal with the harsh realities of life, like death and unexplained phenomena. If they can't understand it then they just believe someone or some people who made something up on their own (i.e. The Book of Mormon to name just one of many). Before there was science religion filled the void of explaining the unkown, but now religion has become a permanent fixture in the human race and we will all suffer for it.

But to more directly answer the original question of why do so many people laugh at the Rapture dude (Harold Campnig) on here? Because, I assume, the vast majority of the degenerate sports bettors on this site are not tools. This is now Harold Camping's second failed attempt to correctly predict the rapture. If you believed this man knowing that he had already failed in his previous attempt to predict the rapture then you are a moron. If you did not know that he had already failed to predict the rapture in the 90's then you are a moron who doesn't know how to do research.

If you are a christian then you should know that it is in the bible that no one can predict the rapture.
    Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only." (ASV)

Mark 13:32 "But of that day or that hour knoweth no one, not even the angels in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father" (ASV)

If Jesus "the Son" doesn't know when it will happen according to the Christians own holy book, which is considered by many to be the literal word of God , known as fudamentalism, then why would a crackpot preacher know when it is going to happen? If that situation is not laughable then I don't know what is.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

if people were immortal, would anyone believe in god?