UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Why wud anyone be for big governments, or be a democrat.

I in no way feel im some kind of Political guru, honestly i know nothing about politics but on the surface i have very many assumptions upon government and the parties. The average response to the main difference between republicans and democrats is. " republicans are for the rich while democrats are for the poor and middle class". The democratic party is full of big supporters of many many many social security type programs that help out people that cant make it on there own. Although we all know these programs such as welfare and unemployment are taken advantage of by 80% of the people that are on them.

My question is why would you support such policy's. The reason we pay such high taxes along with a bunch of other bs is because of such programs that are draining the system dry. And when such people decide to retire from "welfare", they get social security benefits while having never paid into it.

I believe we need some sort of support for the people who need it but not like we do it now. Id be a strong supporter of tuition reimbursement and free child care for a person who is trying to better themselves while going to school if they have kids to help them out.

If a individual needs additional income support and dosent wish to peruse higher education i believe we can supplement there income but they also must be working. No sitting on your ass to collect free money and food stamps.

As far as retirement goes social security is one of the biggest rip offs there is to the working man. And social security is going broke because people who dont pay into it are milking the system. A much simpler solution to this problem is to get rid of it all together. We survived for 200 years as a country without social security and we can do it again. But i would substitute it with a mandatory 401k plan for all employers and employee's. I pay a average of $50 a week for social security. If we took that $200 a month( $2400 a year + 50% company match for 3600) and invested it in a 401k plan( versus paying into social security) over 40 years making 8% a year(average working years before retirement, average ROI on a strong 401k), that nest egg would be worth well over 1 million dollars. Very sufficient retirement fund that would be guaranteed to workers.

I just dont get why are government is so foolish with such things.

Theres my political rant for the year.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

One advantage of being a democrat, and perhaps the only, it makes one a non-republican.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dems are for the poor, minority,lazy and narrow minded type person
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: obamaismyuncle

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    One advantage of being a democrat, and perhaps the only, it makes one a non-republican.
    Whats evil about a republican? The fact that they make a lot of money and can hire accountants that can come up with a lot of write offs and lower there taxable income because theyd rather invest there money in tax free municipals than get into CC debt and file bankruptcy every 7 years to be bailed out by the government. Now you tell me whats worse. A person who makes 200k a year and pays 12% total taxes or a person who makes 35,000 pays 3% in taxes and files bankruptcy because he had a gambling problem.

( again im completely oblivious to this subject so my responses may/will be ignorant to say the least. Im looking for reason why one is a democrat)

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    what about when you vote demmycrat, and then all of the prior admin's republican policies are completely continued from war to torture to tax breaks for the rich to the patriot act, etc?

that kinda just makes you a sucker, no?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: losturmarbles

stogies
    unfairly banned
    stogies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

if you know nothing about politics why would anyone care what you think?

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Republican and Democrat are the same, sure people get the illusion that they are different, but they aren't. Sometimes they spend on different, but both parties spend just the same. Many republicans have been president, but we still have social security and welfare programs out the ass. Politicians only care about getting re-elected and if you think anything different you are very naive.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

In theory, both extremes are dumb. Liberals seem to want a utopia which will never work while lazy fcks take advantage of it. And right wingers are cut throat. I hang out in the middle.

GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11244

Our problems won't be solved by only left or right wing action. Both sides got us where we are today, as well as the greed of the common man.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Whats evil about a republican? The fact that they make a lot of money and can hire accountants that can come up with a lot of write offs and lower there taxable income because theyd rather invest there money in tax free municipals than get into CC debt and file bankruptcy every 7 years to be bailed out by the government. Now you tell me whats worse. A person who makes 200k a year and pays 12% total taxes or a person who makes 35,000 pays 3% in taxes and files bankruptcy because he had a gambling problem.

( again im completely oblivious to this subject so my responses may/will be ignorant to say the least. Im looking for reason why one is a democrat)

Repubs sure are rich....
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-24-15 at 12:19 PM. Reason: image does not exist
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: golfrulz

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

Repubs sure are rich....

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    That's my primo hommes.

And those fukkers can't vote.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Another repub, probably Cuse0323 cousin

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I in no way feel im some kind of Political guru, honestly i know nothing about politics but on the surface i have very many assumptions upon government and the parties. The average response to the main difference between republicans and democrats is. " republicans are for the rich while democrats are for the poor and middle class". The democratic party is full of big supporters of many many many social security type programs that help out people that cant make it on there own. Although we all know these programs such as welfare and unemployment are taken advantage of by 80% of the people that are on them.

My question is why would you support such policy's. The reason we pay such high taxes along with a bunch of other bs is because of such programs that are draining the system dry. And when such people decide to retire from "welfare", they get social security benefits while having never paid into it.

I believe we need some sort of support for the people who need it but not like we do it now. Id be a strong supporter of tuition reimbursement and free child care for a person who is trying to better themselves while going to school if they have kids to help them out.

If a individual needs additional income support and dosent wish to peruse higher education i believe we can supplement there income but they also must be working. No sitting on your ass to collect free money and food stamps.

As far as retirement goes social security is one of the biggest rip offs there is to the working man. And social security is going broke because people who dont pay into it are milking the system. A much simpler solution to this problem is to get rid of it all together. We survived for 200 years as a country without social security and we can do it again. But i would substitute it with a mandatory 401k plan for all employers and employee's. I pay a average of $50 a week for social security. If we took that $200 a month( $2400 a year + 50% company match for 3600) and invested it in a 401k plan( versus paying into social security) over 40 years making 8% a year(average working years before retirement, average ROI on a strong 401k), that nest egg would be worth well over 1 million dollars. Very sufficient retirement fund that would be guaranteed to workers.

I just dont get why are government is so foolish with such things.

Theres my political rant for the year.
    Thats exactly the way it should be, but as the system is now & always has been is if you are working & trying you cant get any assistance, but if you just give the fuk up & sit on your ass you can get all kinds of public assistance

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Republicans and Democrats have hand in hand run up this $14 trillion debt together like brothers in arms. They may choose to spend it on different things but neither are prudent and both have damaged this country tremendously. Continued support of either of these parties is only adding to the problem America faces.

clarkacal
    clarkacal's Avatar Become A Pro!

As far as retirement goes social security is one of the biggest rip offs there is to the working man. And social security is going broke because people who dont pay into it are milking the system. A much simpler solution to this problem is to get rid of it all together. We survived for 200 years as a country without social security and we can do it again.
    It really is a joke. The government says' "hey you, we don't trust you to save for your retirement so we are going to take 5.2% of your income, and then make your employer match it benefiting them 0, and then we will invest it for several years and give it back when you are old as long as you aren't still making money." After hijacking yours and your employers funds how much of a retard would you have to be to go broke with this? That's what the gov. did. But they don't want to give it up because it's the source of funds for a lot of their expenses.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

In Costa rica, we have no welfare. No government assistance. No food stamps. No rent assistance. People work. You don't see a ton of homeless people.

The sense of entitlement that many people have is just sad. Nobody owes you a damn thing. You work for 40 years for somebody? Awesome. Why should he have to continue paying you for the rest of your life? People retire too early. What's the age now, 62? Screw that. You still have ~20 years left on your life. If anybody is responsible for you, it should be your family. Not your former employer. Not your government.

Fa11en
    Fa11en's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3898

Yes, Government interference and desire to "help those that can't help themselves" with rediculous policy making and spending is the largest hurdle for America's economic recovery. I find myself voting republican for this reason and I believe in less government intervention in commerce and fiscal conservatism. However, one of the huge pitfalls of republicans is their social conservatism and the rift it creates with newer generations of voters (it is alot easier to sell the idea of being a democrat to young impressionable college kids than republican). Republicans do not do themselves any favors my taking such high moral standings on social issues like abortion, religion, gay rights, ect... in this day and age. To the general public, blinding supporting idealogies based on the bible is just as rediculous as supporting government freeloaders.

chilidog

Why is that when people reach a certain age, they forget what it's like to be young? So why punish the young?

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Whats evil about a republican? The fact that they make a lot of money and can hire accountants that can come up with a lot of write offs and lower there taxable income because theyd rather invest there money in tax free municipals than get into CC debt and file bankruptcy every 7 years to be bailed out by the government. Now you tell me whats worse. A person who makes 200k a year and pays 12% total taxes or a person who makes 35,000 pays 3% in taxes and files bankruptcy because he had a gambling problem. ( again im completely oblivious to this subject so my responses may/will be ignorant to say the least. Im looking for reason why one is a democrat)
    12% on 200k and 3% on 35k.
    What kind of Fantasy land do you live in.
    I would kill to be taxed at even 20%.
    On average I would say you should expect to see approx 30% of your income taxed. and if not I hope you have some records for your accounting because somebody will be looking into it.

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Congress Democrats and Rebublicans are like fighting brothers and sisters. There in it together. The people are the ones getting screwed.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Always focus on the poor, never on the trillions spent each year on military. How is it that the 17 countries below the US manage to feel safe when their military budgets COMBINED don't total the USA.

Welfare comes in many forms.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    How is it that the 17 countries below the US manage to feel safe when their military budgets COMBINED don't total the USA.
    Maybe they feel safe because they have an agreement with the US military? Costa Rica has no military, but who'd they go running to when Nicaragua recently tried to take over some of their land? The states.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: VegasRandy

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

I have a better question for you OP.

Why "wud" any whiteboy fantasize about being black?

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

The elderly and minority voters in this country are putting a strain on the economy. There is no political affilitation for the majority. The Republican's do not align with my beliefs and no way does the Democrats either. The two party system is killing America because of the "special interest" groups to accomodate both sides.

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Always focus on the poor, never on the trillions spent each year on military. How is it that the 17 countries below the US manage to feel safe when their military budgets COMBINED don't total the USA.

Welfare comes in many forms.
    Welfare for rich people - eg, corporate welfare - is a huge drain on the economy. As are farm subsides. Farmers are the biggest welfare queens in the country.

Medicare, Social Security and defense spending account for over 60% of the US budget.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

where can i get a 12% tax rate?

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

OP has a clue...

Dems/Libs are killing this country..

And they reproduce more, so guess what, it's only gonna get worse....

rggolds8
    rggolds8's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree why would one

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Government grew at a phenomenal rate under Bush & the Republicans
    Deficits grew & the debt doubled
    spending exploded
    medicare expanded
    No spending bill vetoed in 8 years

Yeah, it's just the dems that spend and grow gov't.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Seriously dude, your idiot with zero college education to think that simple mindedBoth political party's has negative's and positives to it.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by Resler View Post
    Republican and Democrat are the same, sure people get the illusion that they are different, but they aren't. Sometimes they spend on different, but both parties spend just the same. Many republicans have been president, but we still have social security and welfare programs out the ass. Politicians only care about getting re-elected and if you think anything different you are very naive.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I actually think that both parties have serious problems without a doubt. I know the GOP wants to do away with Medicare and put it into a voucher program which is just plain horrible. The GOP wants to give huge tax breaks for the richest people also which makes no sense at all when you are in these wars. I do side with the Democrats when it comes to those issues. The Democrats have a problem with me on spending way too much when we don't have it.

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    where can i get a 12% tax rate?
    Durito i wasnt saying that for everyone. I asked a question. Whats worse?

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Worse are stupid cross posted threads.

12 Last