Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

IOWA FOOTBALL..........big congrats!!

While they are cleaning house at Ohio St. they can ship this to Iowa City.
    Iowa Hawkeyes - 2002, 2004, 2009 Big 10 Champs.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't wait for football to start.

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

now you have the Big Red to contend with.........

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Iowa has a good shot

Is the Italian kid still the QB??

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

come on fishhead.
    iowa football is just like wisconsin football, a bunch of fat white guys. the only thing more boring than iowa/wisconsin football is iowa/wisconsin basketball.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Terrible thread.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16117

Ohio St will kick Iowa's arse again this season,,,,,,,,,,,all big ten trophy's have all ready been auctioned or traded for favors

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Fish, just because our coach is gone next year. The Nigerians, I mean athletes, that got him fired will still be there. At least for next season they'll still be competitive. Who knows what will happen after that.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Iowa has a good shot

Is the Italian kid still the QB??

No, he was drafted by KC in the 5th round.

They have a more than capable backup to replace him with next year.......IOWA will face many more difficult challenges than that of replacing Stanzi.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

First of all, this post is as stupid as it gets. Didn't Iowa get the crap kicked out of it by USC in the 2002 Orange Bowl? Just another worthless Big 10 team. Ferentz is a terrible Head Coach. The most overrated Head Coach in the Big 10. Want proof? Just look at last year's debacle.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7178

I am glad that Ohio State now has been sent right back to earth like USC did. They are going to get some stiff penalties over this also. I would not be shocked if they got 4 years probation and not being able to go to a bowl game over this time also. This coach should go to the NFL next year and forget the college level. I still think that the college level is very corrupt also. I think that group is a joke.

As far as Iowa I think they will be a contender in that conference and they have a shot now considering what has happened here.

marinagmendes
    marinagmendes's Avatar Become A Pro!

with tressel gone who will i direct my loathing of sweater vests to ??

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6377

Iowa couldn't even beat the Gophers last year.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    First of all, this post is as stupid as it gets. Didn't Iowa get the crap kicked out of it by USC in the 2002 Orange Bowl? Just another worthless Big 10 team. Ferentz is a terrible Head Coach. The most overrated Head Coach in the Big 10. Want proof? Just look at last year's debacle.

2002? USC? Who gives a fukk? USC is a garbage program, too. Toe to toe, Iowa would drive USC's nuts into the ground right now.

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Iowa, Nebraska, and Mich State now have shot at Big Ten title
    I like Huskers vs Hawkeyes in conference championship game

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6377

Quote Originally Posted by dmtrader View Post
    Iowa, Nebraska, and Mich State now have shot at Big Ten title I like Huskers vs Hawkeyes in conference championship game
    Impossible. They play in the same division.

MSU is my pick to win the Big Ten this year, though their schedule is ridiculously tough. Going to have to win 2 out of the three @ Neb, @ Iowa and @ OSU

Cousins is the best overall QB in the Big Ten and they have a great running game.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

2002? USC? Who gives a fukk? USC is a garbage program, too. Toe to toe, Iowa would drive USC's nuts into the ground right now.

Funny, he brings up another cheating progarm................USC.

Shit, USC may as well give back their 2002 Orange Bowl trophy to Iowa.............maybe they can bundle it together with Ohio States Big Ten's trophys and save on postage............wait, that might violate NCAA rules........

By the way, IOWA won the Orange Bowl two seasons ago.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cant wait to see Nebraska spank Iowa and crush the cawkeyes dreams.

Mammon
    Mammon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iowa will only get busted if they get good enough to get over the hump.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    I cant wait to see Nebraska spank Iowa and crush the cawkeyes dreams.

It was a joy watching IOWA end the ROGER CRAIG led NEBRASKA'S Cornhuskers national championship aspirations on the opening weekend of the 1982 season...........

Iowa jumped out to 10-0 lead by halftime on their way to paying back the 0-57 defeat handed to them by the Cornhuskers last year, and Nebraska was unable to answer in kind. Three 4th quarter Nebraska forays into Hawkeye territory produced no points, and an Iowa interception with 39 seconds remaining closed the book on the upset. Iowa went on to play in the Rose Bowl.

Probably the most memorable Iowa game that I've ever attended...........Iowa was led by future NFL hall of famer ANDRE TIPPETT.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you just refer to a game from 1982 in the present?

I have a friend irl who is a huge Iowa fan, so i've been waiting for this Rivalry for years. I seriously cant wait.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    Did you just refer to a game from 1982 in the present?

I have a friend irl who is a huge Iowa fan, so i've been waiting for this rivalry for years. I seriously cant wait.

Should have been a yearly occurrance for the past 40 years..............

Wish Iowa could have caught the Huskers the past two seasons.............would have been two great games and believe Iowa would have prevailed in both.

IOWA is going to have a very subpar defensive club next season, one of their worst in many years I'm afraid.........NEBRASKA will in all probablity beat Iowa this coming season.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    It was a joy watching IOWA end the ROGER CRAIG led NEBRASKA'S Cornhuskers national championship aspirations on the opening weekend of the 1982 season...........

Iowa jumped out to 10-0 lead by halftime on their way to paying back the 0-57 defeat handed to them by the Cornhuskers last year, and Nebraska was unable to answer in kind. Three 4th quarter Nebraska forays into Hawkeye territory produced no points, and an Iowa interception with 39 seconds remaining closed the book on the upset. Iowa went on to play in the Rose Bowl.

Probably the most memorable Iowa game that I've ever attended...........Iowa was led by future NFL hall of famer ANDRE TIPPETT.
    nice memory fishhead.

my best memory of a iowa/wisconsin game involved a buddy of mine that was bucky badger (he is now a sportscaster here in milwaukee). he switched uniforms with the iowa mascot at halftime as a joke, then some of the badger cheerleader guys picked him up in the hawkeye mascot and were goofing around, ramming his balls into the goal post while he was yelling "stop stop it's me ted we switched costumes"! he got fired for it, and the iowa guy is actually in the bucky costume for the 1984 yearbook photo (good piece of trivia for you fishhead).

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    nice memory fishhead.

my best memory of a iowa/wisconsin game involved a buddy of mine that was bucky badger (he is now a sportscaster here in milwaukee). he switched uniforms with the iowa mascot at halftime as a joke, then some of the badger cheerleader guys picked him up in the hawkeye mascot and were goofing around, ramming his balls into the goal post while he was yelling "stop stop it's me ted we switched costumes"! he got fired for it, and the iowa guy is actually in the bucky costume for the 1984 yearbook photo (good piece of trivia for you fishhead).

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

I don't give a crap about current sanctions in place at the moment. USC would/will continue to kick the hell out of the Big 10 just as they've done the past DECADE! 7-0......and most of those against the Big 10 champion. SC has OWNED the Big 10 for the past decade (before & after Reggie Bush).

Big 10 can't compete with the athletes USC puts on the field. End of story.

Oh, and everyone can cram the "cheating program" stuff up their collective asses (only thing that has "stuck" to SC is that Reggie & and POS stepdad were on the take......nothing else). Sure, Reggie and his scum stepdaddy took cash & prizes, but that had no effect whatsover of the outcome on the field. Reggie had signed with SC long before he got greedy. Should SC be penalized for Reggie/stepdad......sure.......but, it doesn't change the fact that SC has OWNED the Big 10 in football for the past decade (before AND after Reggie's time at SC).

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Iowa is known for Dan gable

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Thumbs up for irony. 9 years ago has plenty to do with the present in CFB.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Neb. wins the Big 10 title this yr.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

I like PSU or OSU

SargeantHooker
    SargeantHooker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

Fish, you really still like OSU? Please tell me why, because I really do appreciate your thoughts. And also, that Iowa win in Miami 2 years ago might be one of the most uninteresting games I've ever watched. I do enjoy betting Big Ten though, and I always read your take on the conference.

skers11
    skers11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

Iowa returns 4 starters on offense and 5 on defense. they aint doing shit next year

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fishie thats the only way Ihowa can win the Big 10. By forfeit. Plus Ihowa wont win more than 7 games this year so who cares about a shit program like yours anyway?

POISON
    POISON's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12889

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

fuk u

with conference champ and OSU buried it will be PSU/Wisc battling for division vs. Nebraska in the other

Wisc gets PSU at home

Quote Originally Posted by POISON View Post
    Nebraska is -250 to win div @ Greek genius. MSU, Mich, NW, Minn, Iowa the other teams

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by skers11 View Post
    Iowa returns 4 starters on offense and 5 on defense. they aint doing shit next year

Stated this earlier in the thread............

My belief at this time is that the 2011 Iowa defense will be the worst defense Iowa has had in quite sometime.............average big ten defense AT BEST.

Offensively, they will be slightly above average, as they have a super talented RB in Coker, a capable replacement for Stanzi at QB, a top flight reciever in McNutt and a couple outstanding OL.

Iowa does however have a relatively weak schedule this year, but have two tough road games at PSU and at NEB...........in fact, looking at Iowa's 12 game schedule, these would be the only two games where they would be listed as an UNDERDOG if a line were to be made on every one of their games RIGHT NOW.............further evidence of their easy schedule, because this will definetly be a subpar Iowa team compared to those of the past three seasons, three seasons that included bowl wins over South Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Missouri.

Iowa is probably looking at a 8-4 or 7-5 season in the 2011 campaign.................and will be very fortunate to conclude the season ranked in the top 25

KEEP IN MIND, only two schools in the past two seasons has had more NFL DRAFT picks than Iowa's twelve...........USC and FLORIDA.

12 Last