ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

Update on full tilt poker payouts

Here is a brief official update from Full Tilt.

Quote:
    To our customers:

We acknowledge that our lack of communication reflects poorly on us, and rightfully so. We have been too optimistic in estimating how long it would take to sort through the issues we have faced since Black Friday. And as frustrating as the delays have been for us, we recognize that it cannot compare to the frustration you have been feeling.

We further recognize that our lack of communication has led to much speculation and many unsubstantiated rumors, which have often been contradictory. With this message, we hope to clear up as much confusion as we can, while at the same time keeping in mind the constraints imposed on us as a result of the cases brought in the Southern District of New York.

The most pressing questions:

1. When will the US players be paid?

We still do not have a specific timeframe for this. There has been, and remains, no bigger priority than getting US players paid as soon as possible, and we have been working around the clock to get this done.

2. Is FTP bankrupt?

No. FTP's worldwide business is healthy and, although we've had some short-term challenges, it is operating as normal.

From: http://www.gamblingcontrol.org/userf...2020110516.pdf

"The AGCC’s investigation into the affairs of it licensee Vantage Limited, trading as Full Tilt.com, is ongoing; initial investigations indicate no reason to believe that player fund transactions are fundamentally threatened by any consequence of the US authorities' actions. Delays caused by these actions are in the process of resolution, with normal service now being restored for non-US players. We understand that progress in respect of US player fund repatriation is anticipated and will be the subject of a separate statement from Full Tilt in due course. The Commission will remain engaged in this process."

3. What is the company doing to speed up payouts to the US players?

We are raising capital to ensure that the US players are paid out in full as quickly as possible.

It is important to remember that Full Tilt Poker has always paid out our players, even in the face of previous legal obstacles or factors not in our control, such as payment processor defaults and prior actions by the US government which resulted in US player funds being seized.

In all of these previous instances, Full Tilt Poker has covered these losses and intends to do the same again.

4. Why are the Full Tilt Pros remaining silent?

It is not their choice. But they are constrained by the pending legal actions.

As a final note, we understand -- and have always understood -- the effect that our brief statements have had not only on our customers, but also on our reputation. It has not been easy to stay silent and watch the damage being done to our company brand and personal reputations, but we need to be mindful of the complicated and serious legal issues raised in the pending cases.

ttwarrior1

My thoughts

1. Why would you need to raise capital if capital is already there

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Because the accounts they are in are frozen.

ttwarrior1

EXCLUSIVE: First Full Tilt account unfrozen
    27/05/2011

Tom Victor and Stephen Carter
    The United States Department of Justice has unfrozen one Irish account belonging to Full Tilt Poker (FTP) and its co-founder Raymond Bitar, freeing up more than a third of the US$100m to $150m still owed to US players, eGaming Review has learned. A FTP source, however, told this publication US players would not immediately be paid despite this development and that no date had been confirmed for when this might happen.
    The freeing-up of the Bank of Ireland account – one of nine FTP accounts frozen in Ireland and a total of 76 named in the 15 April Black Friday indictments as belonging to one of the three indicted poker sites – constitutes more than a third of the approximate $100m to $150m owed to American players by Full Tilt, according to information obtained by eGaming Review.
    This publication has learned that in the last three weeks representatives of Bitar in Ireland have been seeking up to $150m from potential investors outside of the financial services sector in order to return funds to US players. The company has asked these investors for money in return for a stake in the company. These attempts are ongoing but have so far been unsuccessful.
    eGaming Review understands the company is also engaged in discussions with the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York with regards to the unfreezing of further accounts across Europe.
    A Full Tilt source also commented on the DoJ’s statement in a press release accompanying payment processor intermediary Bradley Franzen’s guilty plea this week on charges relating to the Black Friday indictments that Franzen had admitted being approached early in 2011 to help Full Tilt deal with a $60m shortfall, created, according to the DoJ, “by its inability to find a payment processor to process transactions involving US player accounts. The company was facing the shortfall because it continued to credit funds to player accounts despite being unable to actually debit (or “pull”) funds from customers.”
    The Full Tilt source explained this resulted from players’ poker balances being credited with money held in bank accounts seized by authorities before Full Tilt itself had been made aware of the seizures. “Because of the broad-sweeping nature of the Black Friday seizures, you had a seizure combined with a backlog and this has resulted in millions which all of a sudden became owed,” the FTP source said.
    “Normally Full Tilt would cover that and take that loss, but because all their banks got shut down there was no way of doing that until recently when the government agreed to unfreeze the [Bank of Ireland] account,” he said.
    He also explained that Full Tilt’s inability to unfreeze funds is not limited to those accounts seized in the 15 April indictments. “Banks that weren’t even subject to restraining orders started shutting down because they thought ‘we’ve got to be careful, the Americans are after us.’ We actually had to ask the prosecutors to call these banks and tell them they weren’t interested in them,” he said.
    He added the repayment of US players was a complex issue, one which he hoped would be resolved sooner rather than later. “There are a lot of factors involved. Some of that is the $60m backlog referenced in the Franzen case, some is the bank accounts that voluntarily decided to restrain funds, and some is the status of negotiations with the Southern District.
    “All of those issues together contribute to creating an impediment to paying players back, an impediment which wouldn’t be there if each of those things didn’t exist,” he said.

FuzzyDunlop

The freeing-up of the Bank of Ireland account – one of nine FTP accounts frozen in Ireland and a total of 76 named...

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I only had 3 dollars left in my account

FuzzyDunlop

Quote Originally Posted by Landscaper View Post
    $19.2K and 220K FPPs

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

good to hear

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26295

They are raking in a lot of money everyday, why can't they pay small by small. like 500 people a day or something?

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18825

I think the feds siezed their processors so they can't send out checks. They have the money to pay people out but the problem is how. At least thats what I get from the situation.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Site operated here illegally..used usa processors=greed and being dumb....you made all this rake for what 5 years plus..pay everyone and do it now..wanna be fair...pay 10 percent on top of the balances...it's a game...the ones who pulled out knew the dangers..party poker and tons of others

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17867

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    $19.2K and 220K FPPs
    Ouch, that sucks! Good luck.

Pajda
    Pajda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

$19.2K and 220K FPPs
    I hope you'll get your money sooner than later.
    That's quite a chunk of dough.

ttwarrior1

anyone leaving 19 k and never cashing out, well might not deserve it

count da money
    count da money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Quote Originally Posted by Landscaper View Post
    i had a doller

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    you really are the dumbest poster around. You make these statements all the time as if you have any insight here.

How do you know if this dude wasnt playing on the really high tables and needed 10K+ bankroll to compete? How do you know if he didnt already cash out 75K the month before or just won the 19K the night it was shut down?

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

I have enough to make a decent deposit in a book for football season; hoping to get it by then

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    I have enough to make a decent deposit in a book for football season; hoping to get it by then
    I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I am not counting on seeing this money for awhile, I am not even sure there will be a NFL football season. LOL. I really hope I am proven wrong on both counts

kidk
    kidk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

It because the government took and sent all of their employees on vacations with the money

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

pokerstars didn't have any trouble...

MortalLock
    MortalLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2654

$ will come eventually its just all tied up well 2/3 of the $ by the FIN DOJ at the moment. DOnt worry people just a matter of time.

Heavy-W
    Heavy-W's Avatar Become A Pro!

I requested a withdrawl 8 days ago via MoneyBookers, I am from Canada. They said 24-48 hours. I have not heard or seen anything from them yet. I sent an email but got an obvious auto response to anyone looking for cash. "We are experiencing delays yada yada"

I don't know whats up with them but I hope I get my money

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

FTP "pro" are spending your money in $250k buy-in mtt's

FuzzyDunlop

Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    you really are the dumbest poster around. You make these statements all the time as if you have any insight here.

How do you know if this dude wasnt playing on the really high tables and needed 10K+ bankroll to compete? How do you know if he didnt already cash out 75K the month before or just won the 19K the night it was shut down?
    No need to be mean about it. FWIW, though I mainly played the tokens, which later became the Steps, would cash out $15k when I hit $25k then repeat 4-6 times a year.

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

No need to be mean about it. FWIW, though I mainly played the tokens, which later became the Steps, would cash out $15k when I hit $25k then repeat 4-6 times a year.
    yeah might have been a bit hard on him, but he has made so many of those kinds of posts here it gets sickening

MIAMIHURRICANE
    MIAMIHURRICANE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

fuzzy...good luck...hope you get the money back...question becomes...where to play if football returns. Any suggestions...little concerned about bookmaker...

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Site operated here illegally..used usa processors=greed and being dumb....you made all this rake for what 5 years plus..pay everyone and do it now..wanna be fair...pay 10 percent on top of the balances...it's a game...the ones who pulled out knew the dangers..party poker and tons of others

Do the players not have any culpability here as they also were aware of the "dangers?"

I do hope everyone gets their balances back but to blame Full Tilt entirely is off base.

ttwarrior1

No tilt funds have been released

The Public Information Office of the US Attorney’s Office has informed Subject: Poker that NO deal has been struck with Full Tilt Poker to release or unfreeze any funds. eGaming Review Magazine reportedFriday that an Irish bank account containing “more than a third of the US$100m to $150m still owed to US players” had been released to FTP. They cited an unnamed FTP source as having provided the information. The false story was widely reported on other gaming news sites, on social media, and on various poker forums. The rumor also lead to widespread speculation that Full Tilt’s Monday announcement would include a timeline for the return of US player funds. It did not.
    The USAO representative made clear that funds had not been released and that any such action by the government would be accompanied by a public filing. She made mention of numerous false rumors that have spread through the poker community since Black Friday.
    Subject: Poker cautions its readers to be skeptical of any news or rumors that they read, including the news found on this website. News with no cited source or from only one anonymous source should be read with a healthy amount of distrust. We will personally do our best to provide our readers with well-sourced information, and when we inevitably get something wrong, we will always publish a clear update admitting our mistake

badbyzdmx
    badbyzdmx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I like everyone is am still waiting and the nail biting continous

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

"too optimistic" = kiss your money goodbye

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20685

these guys are not honest

FuzzyDunlop

I was totally fine with this until today.....puke city.

Last edited by shari91; 06-03-11 at 08:28 AM. Reason: removed link

OSUCOWBOYS
    OSUCOWBOYS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 570

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    What if the guy has a 200-300k total bankroll and is a high limit poker player? 19.2k is nothing in that spot.

Silly comment I feel.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

if he had 19k only and left it all in there not to smart if he had 2-300k like okie st says, then by all means thats acceptable.

i know a lot of these guys treated tilt like it was a swiss bank account.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

I was totally fine with this until today.....puke city.
    Cliff notes?
    Last edited by shari91; 06-03-11 at 08:29 AM. Reason: removed link

12 Last