Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Auburn/West Virginia

1st off i have to say i have not watched West Virginia much this year, but i have seen A LOT of Auburn, and if West Virginia is any kind of team, they win with ease here. Auburn, on the road, in the COLD (low 40's/upper 30's) = DOOM for their already pathetic offense.

Bottom line, even though i have seen little of WV, i know Auburn has absolutely no clue on Offense, on the road in that environment and in the cold = a WV win, I’d say ML is the best play, but -3 -105 sounds pretty good too.

Thoughts and opinions welcome!

bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats up ....the rubberband game man
    Seeing your weather advisory has me second guessing my Over38.
    I just have a sneaky suspicion there will be a few costly turnovers in this game that will lead to touchdowns....

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Luck Brock my man

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by bmw530i View Post
    Whats up ....the rubberband game man
    Seeing your weather advisory has me second guessing my Over38.
    I just have a sneaky suspicion there will be a few costly turnovers in this game that will lead to touchdowns....
    I know Auburn can't move the ball, on the road in thie envionment i feel they will be smacked pretty good.

No Rubberband game though LOL I do see one on Saturday at 11 AM though, will get my plays out later today.

Brock Landers

My focus is on the Football game tonight, but you have to love the juicy + money you can get on Philly in Baseball too, this thing is dead evenly matched, and Philly was the best road team in the league too.

GOOD LUCK!

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Idk... WV seems solid but everyone is crying SEC... I will wait rite before game and see where the smart money sits.

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rich Biatch View Post
    Idk... WV seems solid but everyone is crying SEC... I will wait rite before game and see where the smart money sits.
    Fukk the SEC, Auburn isn't even close to good this year. WVU is undefeated at home and Auburn will be lucky to get 10 points.

bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol I know not this game.....We will discuss Saturdays plays further another time later in the week! I got a few nice plays myself...
    Last edited by bmw530i; 11-26-08 at 12:09 AM.

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by bmw530i View Post
    lol I know not this game.....We will discuss Saturdays plays further another time later in the week! I got a few nice plays myself...
    i just got down on WVU to win a dime. Not a huge play by any means for me, but i swear Auburn's O has set this team back years, they won a game 3-2 for god sake! That will not be happening in Morgantown

penny1cg
    penny1cg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you kidding me? all 3 of of Auburn's losses have been for a combined 9 points, 5 of which was on the road to LSU. Also keep in mind that West Virginia has played NOBODY, look at their schedule... only puting up 17 points against syracuse at home? I realize Pat White didn't play, but c'mon syracuse is god awful. Good luck moving the ball on Auburn's defense... look for a low scoring game and whoever can take advantage of turnovers will win the game.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

As I've said in several thread, Auburn is the only playable side here although I am passing. No was I lay points with any Big East team vs. an excellent SEC defense.

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by penny1cg View Post
    Are you kidding me? all 3 of of Auburn's losses have been for a combined 9 points, 5 of which was on the road to LSU. Also keep in mind that West Virginia has played NOBODY, look at their schedule... only puting up 17 points against syracuse at home? I realize Pat White didn't play, but c'mon syracuse is god awful. Good luck moving the ball on Auburn's defense... look for a low scoring game and whoever can take advantage of turnovers will win the game.
    take you and our 12 posts and go elsewhere

I guess its people like you that are keeping this line low. Auburn LOL

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    take you and our 12 posts and go elsewhere

I guess its people like you that are keeping this line low. Auburn LOL
    Well, he is actually 100% right.

Forgot your happy pills today Brock?

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Well, he is actually 100% right.

Forgot your happy pills today Brock?
    no LT, he is wrong. Just because Auburn is a member of the SEC i am supposed to be scared or impressed by them? This is a mediocre to bad team who can absolutely not move the ball. They will get beat and the home field will make this a moot point.

LT Profits

But they have a great defense that could shut down West Virginia, and whether you want to admit it or not, playing in the SEC does toughen them up when they play teams from weaker conferences, which the Big East certainly is.

penny1cg
    penny1cg's Avatar Become A Pro!

just my 2 cents... go take your happy pills lol

LT Profits

Oh and don't forget Auburn just fired their offensive coordinator, and having the extra fews days off has probably allowed them to work on their new scheme.

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Oh and don't forget Auburn just fired their offensive coordinator, and having the extra fews days off has probably allowed them to work on their new scheme.
    WVU is giving up an AVG of 14.7 points a game, someone forgot to tell them they have a hell of a good D too.

Auburn will be LUCKY to score 10 points.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Auburn has a woeful offense. No one can dispute that fact. There is a reason that the games they have lost have been pretty close. And that is there defense. Their defense won the game against TN. Without their forced fumble and TD, that was a loss. Auburn can win this game if their defense can score.

Brock Landers

amazing, i've done nothing but pick winners over the last month for you guys, 2 consecutive weeks with huge rubberband games. And people doubt me.

WEST VIRGINIA MEN!! Its the ONLY play here!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I like Auburn here

Why is down this year

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I like Auburn here

Why is down this year
    you liked Missouri and Michigan st last week too, when those were my Rubberband plays

Me thinks you have no clue at college football JJ, sorry to say. Leave the picks to the people who know the sport pal.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

I am an Alabama fan so I want West Virginia to win. But I think it will come down to Auburn's defense. It all depends on their ability to create turnovers and if they are on the field on night.
    Last edited by BadNina; 10-23-08 at 11:38 AM. Reason: just because

bearmz
    bearmz's Avatar Become A Pro!

here's a few items from the web:
    A 4-3 start - including consecutive SEC losses to Vanderbilt and Arkansas - plus an off week has added to the rumors floating about Tuberville's future at Auburn.
    "We're not playing good right now. This is a transition year, but we're going to get better," he said. "I don't know whether we'll win any of these last five games but I'll tell you one thing, all you got to do is look back at the first seven. We led every game at halftime. Some things didn't work out in the second half, but we fought hard in every game….”
    The trouble that has, perhaps, caused the rumors stems from the Tigers’ 4-3 start, their current two-game losing streak within the SEC and their lack of progress on offense, which is now being run by its third coordinator in the last two seasons.

Like Auburn as a whole, injuries and bloated, unfulfilled expectations have defined White’s senior season.
    Hampered by a hand injury (White would not disclose which hand it was during Friday’s teleconference) and a concussion, White missed his first game ever with the Mountaineers on Oct. 11 against Syracuse. Without one of the preseason favorites to win the Heisman trophy, West Virginia slogged by the one-win Orangemen, 17-6.
    “He’s a great decision-maker, and when he makes a decision and goes, he’s very, very fast. I think he’s a very good throwing quarterback,” said Auburn defensive coordinator Paul Rhoads, who coached against White in three Backyard Brawls in his time at Pitt
    The last time Auburn played on a Thursday was in 2006, when it beat South Carolina, 24-17, at Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia.
    Cornerback Jerraud Powers (hamstring) will play Thursday night, Tuberville said.
    Powers participated in full practices Monday and Tuesday and ran around “really good.”
    Tuberville also said wide receiver/punt returner Robert Dunn (high ankle sprain) is completely healthy and will return punts against West Virginia.
    “He had a great start to year in punt returns, then people started kicking away from him,” Tuberville said of Dunn
    Auburn is 6-1 all-time in Thursday night games, including a 3-0 mark under Tuberville.
    Auburn is 5-2-1 all-time against teams that currently comprise the Big East. ... West Virginia is riding a four-game winning streak against teams from the SEC.
    Auburn is 3-2 in sub-50 degree games since 2000.

Asked how much the playbook has been skimmed down since Tony Franklin’s firing, Rod Smith couldn’t describe it in words.
    The senior wide receiver smiled, then used his hands.
    According to Smith’s hand gestures, Auburn’s playbook has gone from the size of an Old Webster’s dictionary to a slim, grocery-store romance novel.
    Smith said the size of Franklin’s playbook made it “tough” on the offense. Running back Tristan Davis said it led to widespread confusion at times.
    “We do have an identity now on offense, an offense we’re going to run each week and every day in practice,” Tommy Tuberville said. “We’re going to rep and rep and rep, and we’re going to get better at it.”
    In dispelling a number of rumors surrounding himself, Tuberville addressed those surrounding embattled quarterback Chris Todd on Monday at his weekly press conference.
    Since his 3-for-10, 18-yard outing against Arkansas, Todd has been mostly inactive in practice because of a sore shoulder and has not been considered a candidate to back up starter Kodi Burns at the moment, at least.
    Kodi Burns, Neil Caudle and Barrett Trotter will all travel to West Virginia. Burns will start.
    Other than that bit of information coach Tommy Tuberville has let loose to the public, it’s anybody’s guess how the coach plans to use the trio of quarterbacks Thursday at Milan Puskar Stadium.
    Defensive end Antoine Carter (ankle) appears to be the only other player whose status remains uncertain. Tuberville said Carter did not participate much in Sunday’s practice and was still “limping around.”
    For the few non-injured Tigers, the two days off still served a purpose: a much-needed break from the everyday grind.
    “It definitely helped just to get off your feet and really not think about football. I didn’t even watch football Saturday,” center Ryan Pugh said. “It really just helped us recharge our batteries and come back out here and have a practice like we did today.
    “It was just fun to be back out there.”
    Three days after coach Tommy Tuberville abruptly fired the spread guru brought to rejuvenate Auburn’s stagnant offense, the Tigers had their worst offensive performance of the season against Arkansas, which boasts one of the worst defenses in the conference.
    The Tigers currently rank 108th in total offense (292.6 yards per game), 105th in passing efficiency (97.95), 116th in red zone offense (60 percent) and 110th in third-down conversion percentage.
    The offense’s best this season has usually been enough for Auburn’s strong defense, but the added pressure its felt has started to show.
    With almost every starter nursing some sort of injury, the Tigers’ defense needed this bye week more than anybody. The unit, which had its injuries and fatigue exposed in a 416-yard, 25-point gashing by Arkansas, still ranks 11th in the nation (third in the SEC) in points per game allowed, 14th in total defense and second in opponents’ third-down conversions.

aiyerrc
    aiyerrc's Avatar Become A Pro!

brock, please be here as soon as this game is over. you have not done your research into this game and it shows. Auburn is a different team tonight, but BOL, and ill be here afterward to tell you i told you so

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by aiyerrc View Post
    brock, please be here as soon as this game is over. you have not done your research into this game and it shows. Auburn is a different team tonight, but BOL, and ill be here afterward to tell you i told you so
    i'll be here and expect props from all the people who i convinced to take WVU. And to those who think Auburn is the play, you do not know jack shit about college football, plain and simple

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

Auburn will win this game outright. people are forgetting the fact Tubby is throwing out the spread that had all the monkeys confused this season. I expect the tradional power I, grind it out game. If Tubby gets back to Auburns roots with a proven offense than they win. WV will be shut down and Pat Whites gonna get pummeled.

Mic Lowrey
    Mic Lowrey's Avatar Become A Pro!

brock i see your reasoning but the smart money is being wagered on auburn. I like what you are saying...your making me not risk as much on auburn. So if auburn wins than i hope maybe next time u wont get so confident but if wv wins - i'll be here to say good job, next time i may listen...

jaxbeachguy83
    jaxbeachguy83's Avatar Become A Pro!

The play is THE OVER Big and Auburn ML small.....
    are TEASE auburn + 10 and over 32 would be a hell of play two theres no way WV blows them out.....
    BOL TO ALL

mmike032

How can the play be over when both teams have great defense.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Auburn has a huge coaching and defensive edge in this game. Both teams offenses suck but I'd give a small edge to WVU. Can't believe the line moved to 3.5.

Brock Landers

smart money is on Auburn? LOL

i've heard it all now, smart money is there, and the line has gone from -3 -105 to -3 1/2 -115 since this morning.

Whatever, the rest of the day is just verbal masterbation till the game is played and you SEC people get the ever living shit knocked out of you.

mmike032

lets also keep in mind this is one of the bottom of the barrel SEC teams playing tonight.

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    lets also keep in mind this is one of the bottom of the barrel SEC teams playing tonight.
    BINGO, they are not good, maybe people think they are just because they play in the SEC, but they aren't. Totally over rated coming into the year, Don't have a QB who can throw the ball 10 yards down field either, Burns is real crap back there, and Todd, who sucked too, is out.

WVU will have the say of things on their home field. Rabid fans there, WVU 4-0 at home this year too..

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    i'll be here and expect props from all the people who i convinced to take WVU. And to those who think Auburn is the play, you do not know jack shit about college football, plain and simple
    WHOA i take umbrage there! Like I said, Auburn is the only playable side.

1234 Last