Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    oh yeah??

do your research.

it was the flag for about the last half year of the war.

the design itself was prominent, but it was not the official flag until the last half year of the war.
    stealthy is right I just googled it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_o...tes_of_America

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    And you'll still be pumping my gas. Lleno, premio, porfa.
    bold words bitch. why'd you run away to costa rica in the first place pussy ? not educated enough and want to have kids and cant afford the states ?

this is the comment you come back with just cuz i made a crude comment about what that flag really represents ?

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

the battle flag is the battle flag. It is what it is, it is the recognized flag

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    I meant it as a southern thing. I'm from louisiana myself. Does it get more racist than the South? Hell, I didn't even know that "******-riggin something" or "jewin' somebody down" were racist phrases until I moved outta the south and was informed otherwise.
    maybe someone in costa rica will put some rounds in your head then you will know what the difference between racist and normal phrases are

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    for what, drinking too much?
    no, because he stank!

clarkacal
    clarkacal's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm offended that people are offended

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

A peer-reviewed study showed that exposure to the Confederate battle flag results in more negative judgments of black targets and resulted in lowered willingness to vote for Barack Obama among white students at Southern Virginia University. The study concluded that the prevalence of this flag in the South might contribute to a reluctance to vote for a political candidate because of his race.[23]
    That's on wikipedia..if somebody's vote is influenced by a flag they shouldn't be allowed to vote...

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    no, because he stank!
    she didnt want him sitting on her furniture & I remember my Uncle telling him he had to leave

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im gonna start flying the Nazi flag because it represents my background. My great grandpa was a Nazi soldier.

Shouldn't be that big of a deal.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

no, because he stank!

yeah that's a better reason thank my first thought.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    Im gonna start flying the Nazi flag because it represents my background. My great grandpa was a Nazi soldier. Shouldn't be that big of a deal.
    Exactly

THE PROFIT

Im gonna start flying the Nazi flag because it represents my background. My great grandpa was a Nazi soldier.

Nazi soldiers were just a victim of an ugly regime. If you were to fly a swastika that is your right but that is an ugly symbol.

clarkacal

That's a real good comparison there bro, go for it. Du bist ein kleine schildkroeten mit keine eier.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

i agree that the flag represents more than the slavery of black people, southerners wanted their independence BUT the south was fighting for the wrong reason. it was more about wanting to keep their slaves than for independence. if it was only for independence from the USA i would be proud of that flag and it would be a different story altogether. your family profit was not fighting to be free from tyranny or genocide, they were fighting so that they did not have to work in the fields.

THE PROFIT

The swastika doesnt represent anything good. Im not saying the confederate battle flag does either, Im just asking for everyones thoughts on it.

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    i agree that the flag represents more than the slavery of black people, southerners wanted their independence BUT the south was fighting for the wrong reason. it was more about wanting to keep their slaves than for independence. if it was only for independence from the USA i would be proud of that flag and it would be a differenet story. your family profit was not fighting to be free from tyranny or genocide, they were fighting so that they did not have to work in the fields.
    take a history lesson

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11953

oh, yeah. the symbol of freedom from oppression.

love the southern rhetoric. kinda disturbing.

hook. line. sinker.

clarkacal

The swastika doesnt represent anything good. Im not saying the confederate battle flag does either, Im just asking for everyones thoughts on it.
    I'm sure you've heard this before but what is good and bad usually depends on who won.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I will learn more of this so-called civil war, Monday on the history channel.

THE PROFIT

stealthy, im not being a prick here. Im asking for discussion & you're not being being a participant. So shut the fuk up or come up with something

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by clarkacal View Post
    I'm sure you've heard this before but what is good and bad usually depends on who won.
    true. I always heard the victors wrote the textbooks.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

The swastika is actually a Buddhist symbol for peace.

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The swastika is actually a Buddhist symbol for peace.
    I know, its terrible that it has been used in the manner has been. It will always be remembered for HATE now

Pippertime
    Pippertime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I need to educate myself further on this matter. what I don't get is when you go up to like virginia or west virgina and you see pick up trucks with the the confederate flag in the window.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by JDUB07 View Post
    Doesn't bother me but I think it is stupid when you drive through Texas towns in the country and they have 2 of these flags on their cars and bumper stickers. Think it is pointless to tell you the truth.
    well at least they're not stiffs.

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by Pippertime View Post
    I need to educate myself further on this matter. what I don't get is when you go up to like virginia or west virgina and you see pick up trucks with the the confederate flag in the window.
    heritage, not hate is what they say. You be the judge my friend. thats whats Im asking

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

take a history lesson
    then enlighten me please.

THE PROFIT

what I find amusing about Texas is they dont fly their state flag any smaller than the US flag

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

The "battle" flag symbllizes nothing more or less to me than a hillbilly that is ignorant and uses the flag to show how ignorant they are. Most don't know the actual meaning or history they use it to stand out. It's for attention and a symbolizing of being white.I never see a successful person with a flag on their Mercedes or Escalade. It is always some bumfukk toothless prick in his 1974 Ramcharger.

PoweRay
    PoweRay's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know swastikas are used all over Asia, but they are used as a religious symbol. They have them om temples and even government buildings.

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    then enlighten me please.
    I dont have time to teach you the constitution or 4th grade history

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

The swastika represents my background. Im not saying I believe in exterminating jews, but it represents me as a person. You don't think I would be offending people by flying it and wearing it do you?

PoweRay
    PoweRay's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've seen them on jewelry as well. The symbol was used to mean well being and good luck, way before Nazism.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

Quote Originally Posted by clarkacal View Post
    I'm offended that people are offended

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The "battle" flag symbllizes nothing more or less to me than a hillbilly that is ignorant and uses the flag to show how ignorant they are. Most don't know the actual meaning or history they use it to stand out. It's for attention and a symbolizing of being white.I never see a successful person with a flag on their Mercedes or Escalade. It is always some bumfukk toothless prick in his 1974 Ramcharger.
    you're goddamn right. Assholes & hillbillies, skinheads, KKK, they use it & it pisses me off

First 12345 Last