VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vegas Dave's College Football Picks Week 9 (Video)!

Enjoy! Lets bury some winners this week fellas!

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

I am on Tulsa as well. I am weary on a couple of those games though. USC's offense is a turnover machine as of late and I think these turnovers could keep Arizona within reach. I also don't know about South Florida and Fresno. I have taken New Mexico St. this week as well against Idaho and while I was doing my research saw Fresno only beat Idaho by 13 at home!!!!! Idaho is losing by about an average of 27, this includes loses to teams like Utah St. I just don't trust Fresno and am going to lay off. I do like the Kansas OVER.

Goldfisch
    Denver
    Goldfisch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

dude, you suck at picking games. I am 20-19-1 in NCAA and 31-10 in the NFL. Beat that. My large plays 4-2

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

haha, what a tool!!

Kingctb27
    Kingctb27's Avatar Become A Pro!

You cut the RUG!

Kingctb27
    Kingctb27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wait, what Jersey do you have on?

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfisch View Post
    dude, you suck at picking games. I am 20-19-1 in NCAA and 31-10 in the NFL. Beat that. My large plays 4-2
    You should do some write-ups/videos, you are clearly the authority!

pavyracer
    What?
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO

Who cares what your record is? Never seen you post a play. What a tool!
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/17/2017

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers1230 View Post
    I am on Tulsa as well. I am weary on a couple of those games though. USC's offense is a turnover machine as of late and I think these turnovers could keep Arizona within reach. I also don't know about South Florida and Fresno. I have taken New Mexico St. this week as well against Idaho and while I was doing my research saw Fresno only beat Idaho by 13 at home!!!!! Idaho is losing by about an average of 27, this includes loses to teams like Utah St. I just don't trust Fresno and am going to lay off. I do like the Kansas OVER.
    I know it isn't an exact science as far as calculating value is concerned, but I like to ask myself, if this game was played 100 times, would my side cover 52 times or more? In all of these cases, I personally believe the answer is yes. You are right in pointing out the flaws in each of these picks; I don't like being on South Florida or Fresno at all. But as I broke down this week's games, instead of seeing the 5 to 10 best bets I usually see, I only saw ONE... Tulsa. So I had a choice to make; do I just make a video with one pick, or do I take some not-best-bet-but-still-right-side picks? I chose the latter. This is the kind of week that I do not expect to go 8 - 1; I do think I'm on the right side of each of these though, and as long as the bounces don't all go against me, I'll take a 5 - 4 or 6 - 3 type of week.

Hope this makes sense. Good luck on your plays!

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 224

Good Luck this week usc!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO RAIDERS

Dante799
    Dante799's Avatar Become A Pro!

great video like always Dave, on Tulsa with you

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Then you dont mind posting you're picks up this week? I would love to see some NFL picks from you if you are that good.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6370

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    You should do some write-ups/videos, you are clearly the authority!

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

EDIT: When I recorded this video, I was looking at the wrong note when talking about the Louisville game. Louisville actually has had success stopping the run this year so me saying they have a terrible defense against both the run and pass is inaccurate.

That said, I still like South Florida in this spot. I think their rushing defense contains Louisville's running game and I still believe that USF will score without too much difficulty. I just didn't want to leave that false point un-noted.

bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

My man ....Vegas Dave's dime! I like Fresno St -16.5 and I love Usc/Arizona Over the 55 total....and got some others in the works....
    This week ....J Love ...was very concerned about you leaving your football jerseys on the floor....she was the first to go pick them up!
    Last edited by bmw530i; 11-26-08 at 12:09 AM.

poetwarrior41
    poetwarrior41's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Dave.......I just finished watching your video, and i got to say, you definately have the "gift for gab". You seem like a candidate for a sports talk radio job. Im sorry ,but you pick games like a square. You come up with the most obvious synopsis on every play. Can you change that? Yes you can! 24 games is way too many for a weekend, unless your BW and using his computer program. You need to cut way back on your plays. The first thing you can do to stop picking like a square is: Start making a line on sunday afternoon for every game on the board, before you ever look at next weeks game. This will enable you to see where your mistakes are being made. This will enable you to pinpoint your value plays on games you differ from the Opening Line. This will also let you figure out, if you dig deep enough, why you were off on a particular game. This is the most important step in coming up with a play every week. Injuries, and stats are important, but the correct # is the key. Your a young kid and your still learning, keep at it, if you put in the time, you will start seeing some results. I applaud you for putting yourself on the line with your videos every week. I dont agree with it, but to each its own. I guess your jockeying to get a job with Jim Feist or something? Good Luck!

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by bmw530i View Post
    My man ....Vegas Dave's dime! I like Fresno St -16.5 and I love Usc/Arizona Over the 55 total....and got some others in the works....
    This week ....J Love ...was very concerned about you leaving your football jerseys on the floor....she was the first to go pick them up!
    That is one sexy, sexy woman.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Hey poet, thanks for the kind words. I know I can improve as a handicapper; this is only my 2nd season capping college football and I know I have a long way to go.

I just wanted to make two points in my defense...

1) I do tend to oversimplify in my videos. Trust me, I spend hours upon hours capping all of the numbers on these games. I brush over the schedule 3 or 4 times, come up with like 20 - 25 leans, and then put those under a fine tooth comb until I churn out my favorites. Due to time constraints I make my videos a little too simple and I understand that may come off as "square", but there is nothing square about the way I cap games.

2)
    Quote Originally Posted by poetwarrior41 View Post
    24 games is way too many for a weekend, unless your BW and using his computer program.
    I answered this in the other thread. Copy/Pasted: "I've been doing an NFL newsletter for the last 4 years picking every game against the spread. Needless to say there are plenty of games I would pass on given the chance, but I do my best and cap every one. My best bets in the NFL (my philosophy picks) are 10 - 1. I wouldn't actually play every single NFL game; I just pick them all and do write-ups for the all for the sake of my newsletter."

bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

When you get further along...when you make each pick if you could insert a piece of game footage for each piece that would be pleasing to the people .....also when you give out your last pick...your Vegas Dave's dime music should go back on.....
    I know your time is limited during the week....but nice job
    I am amped up for 8pm Penn State versus Ohio State...my Lions are destined....like the bra she is wearin here....haha
    Last edited by bmw530i; 11-26-08 at 12:09 AM.

poetwarrior41
    poetwarrior41's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    Hey poet, thanks for the kind words. I know I can improve as a handicapper; this is only my 2nd season capping college football and I know I have a long way to go.

I just wanted to make two points in my defense...

1) I do tend to oversimplify in my videos. Trust me, I spend hours upon hours capping all of the numbers on these games. I brush over the schedule 3 or 4 times, come up with like 20 - 25 leans, and then put those under a fine tooth comb until I churn out my favorites. Due to time constraints I make my videos a little too simple and I understand that may come off as "square", but there is nothing square about the way I cap games.

2)

I answered this in the other thread. Copy/Pasted: "I've been doing an NFL newsletter for the last 4 years picking every game against the spread. Needless to say there are plenty of games I would pass on given the chance, but I do my best and cap every one. My best bets in the NFL (my philosophy picks) are 10 - 1. I wouldn't actually play every single NFL game; I just pick them all and do write-ups for the all for the sake of my newsletter."
    I gave up betting CFB years ago, never could figure it out, never had a read on it. I switched to betting NFL only, and ive never looked back. I concentrate on NFL 365 days a year, and since i made the switch 8 years ago, ive cleaned up every year since. Dont get me wrong, i will bet a small play on a Laker game or a World Series game, or maybe a MMA or Boxing if im watching a PPV. But those are "shits and giggles" just to watch the game bets. If your going to bet college fb or bb, i would suggest specializing in a particular conference and sticking with that for the season. This comes in handy, especially in college hoops. Good luck with this weeks plays!

InTheHole
    InTheHole's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're a riot 730i....good luck USC!

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

When you get further along...when you make each pick if you could insert a piece of game footage for each piece that would be pleasing to the people .....also when you give out your last pick...your Vegas Dave's dime music should go back on.....
    I know your time is limited during the week....but nice job
    I am amped up for 8pm Penn State versus Ohio State...my Lions are destined....like the bra she is wearin here....haha
    Yeah can't wait til I can up the production value a bit... cool ideas.

And that vid is perfect! Same outfit as one of my fave pics of her.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by poetwarrior41 View Post
    If your going to bet college fb or bb, i would suggest specializing in a particular conference and sticking with that for the season. This comes in handy, especially in college hoops. Good luck with this weeks plays!
    Love this idea, definitely my plan when I actually have money to bet. Really want to spend an offseason getting to know conferences like the Sun Belt, Conference USA, Mountain West like the back of my hand, and really beating the books hard when they miss lines on the lower-end in conference games.

Someday someday.

gm2022
    gm2022's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damm whats with all the putting usc on blast?

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

usc is a barreled in **** gm.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL this week usckingsfan...your work will pay dividends...

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/18/2005

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

pags you rooster ****.

Panic
    Panic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck, USC.........

And Jennifer says good luck as well.

NashvilleGambler
    NashvilleGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

USC, Sounds like GoldFish is Jealous of Ya, Wants somebody to pay attention to him, ya think??? Keep on Son, You was right on on OAKLAND vs the Jets last week, I loaded up a 5 Dimer!!! Thanks USCKINGSFAN!!!!!!

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    GL this week usckingsfan...your work will pay dividends...
    Thanks pags... you are due for one of your 7 - 0 weeks this week, I hope you get it

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Good luck, USC.........

And Jennifer says good luck as well.
    Good to see you back Panic!

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6370

I am a big fan of all the JLH action in this thread

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by DeluxeLiner View Post
    I am a big fan of all the JLH action in this thread
    That makes two of us

Would gladly take an 0 - 9 week for 5 minutes alone with her

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by pat venditto View Post
    usc is a barreled in **** gm.
    Takes one to know one

Panic
    Panic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definately one of the most beautiful women on the planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wscUK...eature=related

12 Last