EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Rod, and other "hockey guru's" ???

Question: Is betting the over in 2night's Tampa/ Boston series a smart play???

I've seen this series to be awfully high scoring whenever I've watched. Think 2night game 7 things go back and forth in another high scoring game???

What are all your thoughts??? Thanks!

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

You can get the over 5.5 at a + money price...what am I missing here???

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

NHL game sevens are traditionally very low scoring affairs

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

The first thing you have to ask yourself is who do you think is going to win?

If you think Boston is going to win, that means you think Thomas is going to play well and the Bruins are going to control the pace of the game, which means winning the battle of the boards and playing playing some good neutral zone hockey. If you think TB wins tonight, chances are they're going to push the pace and play and up-and-down game with lots of shots. If Tampa Bay comes out in their 1-3-1 defense and Roloson plays a decent game, might be looking at an under. Boston has had all sorts of trouble getting the puck to the open guy when TB shows the 1-3-1. Boston's PP looked horrendous in Game 6, as did their PK.

Should be quite a game, but I think that big-time goaltenders show up when it matters the most. Thomas and Luongo are the two best goaltenders in the game right now and Roloson has already proven in his career that he's up for the challenge in elimination games (7-0 lifetime)

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Gonna get on my Bobby Orr jersey and grab a beer for this one after work. Will be gutted if they lose tonight.

I wouldn't bet on this game, but GL if you do. Tough to call o/u maybe this ends 3-2?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i would usually rather take over 5 -130 than over 5.5 +120 due to the large amount of landings on 5.

there has been quite a bit of crazy action in this series (with 4 of the 6 going over) so i would lean OVER tonight.
    another thought is a parlay of tampa/over - the 2 games that went under tampa lost and only scored 1 goal combined - the 4 games that went over tampa scored exactly 5 goals in each.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Nah, it will be tight, nervous, shitting their pants hockey.

Looking at 3-1 type of score.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Some good thoughts in here so far...I'm not really experienced with Hockey, but have taken a liking to it this year...I'm thinking its going to be a 2 point win by whichever team due to an empty net goal at the end...i'm thinking 4-2 or 5-3 final...these teams have players who can find the net and I feel this is going to be an action filled game that goes back and forth with scoring.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I sure hope not. High scoring favors the Lightning

GO BRUINS!

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

As North America's #1 Hockey Handicapper I will say that I think it will be a very tight game, and the goalies will play at a high level.

I think Boston wins by something like 3-1.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: VegasInsider

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

go bruins! I bet them to win conf at +650 and to win cup at +1700

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Low scoring affair tonight as the teams play tight. Go under

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Well it seems almost everyone who posted is expecting the under....kinda makes me like the over a little bit more, sorry fellas

Fernburn74
    2018-2019 season
    Fernburn74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13496

61 % on the under right now !!!

everyone i talk to loves the under!!!!

and like i always say if public keeps pounding the under !!! OVER it will be!!!!

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Quote Originally Posted by Fernburn74 View Post
    61 % on the under right now !!! everyone i talk to loves the under!!!! and like i always say if public keeps pounding the under !!! OVER it will be!!!!
    Thats what the price on the lines have been telling me...I pulled the trigger on the over 5.5 +115...lets see how it goes

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i would usually rather take over 5 -130 than over 5.5 +120 due to the large amount of landings on 5.

there has been quite a bit of crazy action in this series (with 4 of the 6 going over) so i would lean OVER tonight.
    another thought is a parlay of tampa/over - the 2 games that went under tampa lost and only scored 1 goal combined - the 4 games that went over tampa scored exactly 5 goals in each.

Parlay of Tampa and the over makes the most sense IMO, if you get it at +135 and +115 as I did will pay +405 and it doesn't seem that unlikely. That being said I like the Bruins to win, but too much juice and already have them at +650 to win the East. Ok, done helping to spread the word on this, my advice if you like Tampa is to parlay with over. Good luck all.

Optimusprime7
    Optimusprime7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be weary of the under; it almost makes too much sense here. It only took the public 2 rounds and many games later to smash on the under. Montreal's past 4 series enders have ended with over!!! However, the preceding games were usually low scoring affairs, while this game 6 had 9 goals.

I'm personally going with the over. GL

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Gonna get on my Bobby Orr jersey and grab a beer for this one after work. Will be gutted if they lose tonight.

I wouldn't bet on this game, but GL if you do. Tough to call o/u maybe this ends 3-2?
    That's what I am thinking....Who takes it ? I really don't know it's so even.....Might be a bad break, dumb penalty, bad call by ref or whatever that decides it....I think it's that close....

I do like the under here even if it's juiced a bit.....

If I would pick a team I would say TB b/c of the value.

I also like the OT bet +300

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope Rod does release a pick!! I've never seen a guy in all my yrs at these forums win at Hockey like he does!! I give noone credit this guy deserves some!

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

My lean is to the over! I think this game will also have someone win by the 1.5 goals..

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

boston is not going to allow tampa to generate very much tonight.

unless the Bruins score 5, this game is going under.....way under.
    angry and loud and (obnoxious) Boston fans, angry Bruins players, last change, and the need to shed the game 7 choke stereotype that goes along with them, means the Bruins kick some Lightning a$$ tonight.

at least, thats the way I see it.

Good luck to all, a little more luck to those of you that are on the under and the Bruins.

PEACE!

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

congrats to everyone on the under here or with the B's...what a hockey game. I enjoyed it thoroughly. And looks like you had a nice hit to Rod...

to all