zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

The word "Greatest" player is so carelessly used in this statement by Scottie Pippen that it just made me realize he wasn't as "Great" of a player as I thought he was.

Jordan had every single tool necessary to be "The Greatest Player Ever". Lebron has already shown he lacks important tangibles and intangibles that allow him to ever be compared to Jordan. I gaurantee you Lebron himself does not think he is better or ever will be better than Jordan.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

i agree, rings doesnt count.. ask dan marino abt it

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by xxxvince View Post
    i agree, rings doesnt count.. ask dan marino abt it
    Big difference when you account for 4% of your teams starting role and when you account for 20%.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

LeBron can have the greater set of physical tools necessary to dominate... he can play on teams with 5 starting all-stars... and still not accomplish what MJ did for the game.

MJ if not for that 1st retirement, could have potentially lead his team to 8 in a row.

LeBron can go ahead and have a better career average in turnovers, oh i mean more rebounds (he is stronger and taller duh) more assists, whatever... but in the end, he will never even be in the same talk as MJ because he doesn't even come close to having the WILL TO DOMINATE AND PROVE EVERYONE WRONG, time after time after time... he PROVED THAT BY QUITTING ON THE CAVS AND RUNNING TO AN ALL-STAR TEAM so he could get past Boston. Proved it when he couldn't even get 1 win in the Finals vs the Spurs.

Time and time again... and all the help from the refs. Don't think Jordan got all that bs help on his way to his 1st Finals win. LeBron gets bs calls, Wade gets bs calls... its all rigged.

Nobody will ever match that drive that Jordan had. That and his accomplishments will forever hold MJ alone at the top.

mike vegetabile
    mike vegetabile's Avatar Become A Pro!

jordan

only time will tell long way to go

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

There is no greatest player. I"m sorry. You can say what you will both negative and positive and even towards me. Lebron's overall game is better than Jordan. Hate it or me. It's the truth. Jordan was the better producer. You throw in 3 more shot attempts per game and lebron mirrors or exceeds jordan in every stat. Would jordan have been as effective with bigger, stronger and faster players? Dunno. Hard to debate different era's of athletes.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Lebron's overall game better then Jordan's since when son? Better overall game and players back in the day when Jordan played. NBA is a joke anymore the game just not as good as it was back in the day. I'd compare Kobe to Jordan both better player by quite a margin then Lebron.

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

WHo is Lebron?

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

This is by far one of the weirdest arguments! It's to early to say something like this and it came from Pippen who is trying to back pedal out of this answer as we speak. Pretty dumb to think Lebron is better in any way right now.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Should I pull out Wilt Chamberlain's stats? Lebron and JOrdan have the same stats pretty much anyway

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    LeBron can have the greater set of physical tools necessary to dominate... he can play on teams with 5 starting all-stars... and still not accomplish what MJ did for the game.

MJ if not for that 1st retirement, could have potentially lead his team to 8 in a row.

LeBron can go ahead and have a better career average in turnovers, oh i mean more rebounds (he is stronger and taller duh) more assists, whatever... but in the end, he will never even be in the same talk as MJ because he doesn't even come close to having the WILL TO DOMINATE AND PROVE EVERYONE WRONG, time after time after time... he PROVED THAT BY QUITTING ON THE CAVS AND RUNNING TO AN ALL-STAR TEAM so he could get past Boston. Proved it when he couldn't even get 1 win in the Finals vs the Spurs.

Time and time again... and all the help from the refs. Don't think Jordan got all that bs help on his way to his 1st Finals win. LeBron gets bs calls, Wade gets bs calls... its all rigged.

Nobody will ever match that drive that Jordan had. That and his accomplishments will forever hold MJ alone at the top.
    LOL i thought the NBA wants the series to go longer thats why they rig it. Now they are rigging games for series' to end rather than extend? ok pal

Jordan would have never beat Hakeem and Clyde that year, maybe the first houston year

Bill Russel has more accomplishments than Jordan. Is he the better player?

Goat Milk

Jordan had 6 rings thats all that matters. Lebron has the potential to be better because Jordan is no where near his level as far as passing the ball. Lebrons game is limitless because the guy is 6'9 275 and the fastest player in the league

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

sour grapes pippy

gafl
    gafl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

Agree with the jealousy angle. Let's let James win a couple of rings before he gets compared to MJ. MJ played with the players the Bulls signed, he didn't go out and recruit stars to play with another team.

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

You guys really comparing that fairy to Jordan? What's there to compare? James might be one of the most dominant players today, but Jordan was and still is in a league of his own...

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

scottie takin some shots at mj... lebron will never be as "good" as image because of his new image. mj was loved by all whereas lebron is scene as selfish and arrogant to the majority of fans

raggman
    raggman's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow----pippen has lalready lost his money and now has lost his mind

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

When I watched James play, it looks like a football player playing in the NBA because of his size. When you are an Olga by statue, it is hard to put you in a ballerina outfit and make you dance pretty.

Jordan, if you watch his games, even dribbling that ball down that court, the guy is basically dancing out there. He moves like water like Bruce lee stated for one to be fluid like water.

I have not seen another copy cat after Jordan and the closest you can come to a pretty player like Jordan is Kobe.

Jordan in his prime represent the possibility of us being twigs and we can be like MIKE. James on the other hand, well he's just James and kids at the playground can't all be playing and mimicking like James because we all do not have the body size like James. If you can't dunk, your dream is over.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Pippen is a jealous little bitch

has been and still now

what does pippen do for a living? MJ can you please get this fool a job

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

when jordan was playing he was hands down the best player, there was no argument by anyone of whether he was the best or not

the mere fact that there is a discussion of whether lebron is the best or not means that lebron has already lost the argument

in my eyes lebron has nothing more than physical talent, jordan had basketball talent and changed the face of basketball forever, now every player tries to be him but will never catch him

I also believe that the ones that even dare to argue that lebron was better than jordan are the ones that have not seen jordan play basketball, or maybe they havent seen lebron and just follow the hype, also jealous and disgruntled people like pippen, that was a stab in the back for the man that put all those rings on his finger, even if pippen really believed what he said he should have kept his trap shut, lost all respect for this man
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 05-27-11 at 07:34 PM.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Jordan had a better image while he's in the NBA. Image gives you a reason why your loyal fans loved you.

James, well we all know about his mother..... That right there just ruins a person's image.

Kobe and his Denver rape case.

You can be great but your image can kill your loyal fans if you do not keep it straight. Like Tiger Woods. Before the scandal, he was loved. After the Scandal, he's tainted material, no matter how good he becomes now.

hockeyhy
    [color=rgb(0, 255, 255)][Too Long][/color]
    hockeyhy's Avatar Become A Pro!

scotie pippen is a dumb ugly well i don't wanna say the word but you get the message

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Pippen has been out of lime light for some time. needs attn. also, he was out getting drunk last night. M and M show comes early and pippen probably did a little coke to sober up. and you know how coke makes you all euphoric. I am huge Heat fan and I know that Lebron aint never going to be Jordan. and neither is Kobe or Melo. The next Jordan hasnt been born yet or is just a kid...

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Pippen got paid to say that stupid stuff. This is either a media organized stunt to raise lebrons money making status, or a low blow to Jordans ego, but I guarantee you Pippen doesn't honestly believe that Lequit is better than Jordan. Jordan never gave up on anything in his life. Pippen needs ESPN to pay him for an interview while Jordan is planning big business decisions for the bobcats and his new shoe release. Pippen is just trying to get another 15 minutes by saying outrageous shit on ESPN. No one who ever watched Jordan play would compare Lequit to Jordan, especially not the guy who needed Jordan the most. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I wonder what Jordan did to offend Pippen enough to come out and lie like that.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

jordan always had the best and great defenders on him like john starks and he had to get through him in every playoff just about. Lebron has to deal with what? Shaun marion past his prime luol deng? give me a break the defense is more concerned with wade anyways. lebron wins 7 championships with the cavs Id crown his ass the best of all time myself. He's not even the biggest player on his team or in his city, and ranks behind marino shula johnson wade and maybe shaq as all time names synonymous with miami. You think of chicago you ALWAYS think of jordan first then maybe ditka then maybe bartman but Miami will never be owned by lebron therefore he will never be better

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Luol Deng is better than Starks.

I got Lebron ranked 4th all time already

Jordan, Shaq, and Hakeem ahead of him.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Luol Deng is better than Starks.

I got Lebron ranked 4th all time already

Jordan, Shaq, and Hakeem ahead of him.
    starks would make deng cry before the 1st qtr was over and he was 3-4 inches shorter he was the definition of physical

plzkthx
    plzkthx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

All time greatest player NBA history...

LeBron > MJ

Screw rings...you need a team to win rings. MJ didn't win the rings all by himself, he had a team built around him. Now Lebron has a team...you'll be seeing hella rings. If you take MJ at his prime and bring it to 2011. He would still be good...but not LeBron good.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

he should not talk, without jordan he was a very average player

SuddenDee
    SuddenDee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

The real comparison for greatest player of all time is between Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Lebron potential to be one of the top 3 greatest ever. His 6'8 frame and what's he does on the court is unreal, just like what MJ did on court when he first arrived. I think James with up their with Kobe fighting for 2nd when it's said and done. I don't see anything less than 4 Championship for James with Heats.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

substitute jordan for james and wade would be traded for a center and the heat would pay off half his contract.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Michael Jordan.

rapidfire5
    Update Status
    rapidfire5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jose Bautista

mitmur1998
    mitmur1998's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Scottie later said the comments were made to give people at SBR something to talk about!

First 123 Last