LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Betpoints: 108139

So is George Dubya Playing the Role of Abbott or Costello?

ms61853
    ms61853's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://dorrk.com/blog/2008/10/21/bid...eat-president/

Biden: Obama will be dangerous and unpopular! Bush is a great president!

It’s this kind of bizarre “campaigning” by Joe Biden that must make Dan Quayle weep at night, “Why did they pick on me?”

“Mark my words,” the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

“I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate,” Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. “And he’s gonna need help. And the kind of help he’s gonna need is, he’s gonna need you - not financially to help him - we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.

Now, Biden isn’t merely saying that the world is dangerous and full of states up to no good. We all know that. He’s saying a crisis will be “generated ” specifically to test the inexperienced Obama. What kind of campaign promise is that? It’s in effect saying that we will be safer with McCain. Further he goes on to assert that Obama’s handling of the crisis will be so unpopular it will mystify us! Does the Obama work in mysterious ways, or is this Biden’s preemptive excuse for a major, devastating rooster-up in the first six months of the Obama admin? Incredible.

But Biden doesn’t stop there on the impending unpopularity of his running mate:

“I’ve forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I’m not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it,” the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. “This guy has it. But he’s gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, ‘Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?’ We’re gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I’m asking you now, I’m asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you’re going to have to reinforce us.”

“There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go, ‘Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don’t know about that decision’,” Biden continued. “Because if you think the decision is sound when they’re made, which I believe you will when they’re made, they’re not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they’re popular, they’re probably not sound.”

So forget all the crap about how the transformative Obama is going stop the rising oceans and heal the sick; Biden promises that the new president will be head-shakingly unpopular in just a few years. Isn’t that exactly what Obama has been campaigning against: the historically unpopularest George W. Bush? By saying that the popularity of a policy is directly inverse to its soundness, by the same logic Biden must be suggesting that Bush has been nearly magnificent!

Palin got the response to this craziness just right:

He didn’t specify what all those four or five scenarios will be, but for clues, let’s review the Obama foreign policy agenda.

Our opponent wants to sit down with the world’s worst dictators. With no preconditions, he proposes to meet with a regime in Teheran that vows to “wipe Israel off the map.” Let’s call that crisis scenario number one.

Senator Obama has also advocated sending our U.S. military into Pakistan without the approval of the Pakistani government. Invading the sovereign territory of a troubled partner in the war against terrorism. We’ll call that scenario number two.

He opposed the surge strategy that has finally brought victory in Iraq within sight. He’s voted to cut off funding for our troops, leaving our young men and women at grave risk. He wants to pull out, leaving some 25 million Iraqis at the mercy of Iranian-supported Shiite extremists and al Qaeda in Iraq. By his own admission, this could mean our troops would have to go back to Iraq. Crisis scenario number three.

After the Russian army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama’s reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence – the kind of response that would only encourage Vladimir Putin to invade Ukraine next. That would be crisis scenario number four.

But I guess the looming crisis that most worries the Obama campaign right now is Joe Biden’s next speaking engagement. Let’s call that crisis scenario number five.

The real problem is that these warnings from Joe Biden are similar to his earlier assessment of Barack Obama. It wasn’t so long ago that he said Barack Obama wasn’t up to the job, and that, quote, “the presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training.”

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes
    a great president

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6947

Quote Originally Posted by ms61853 View Post
    http://dorrk.com/blog/2008/10/21/bid...eat-president/

Biden: Obama will be dangerous and unpopular! Bush is a great president!

It’s this kind of bizarre “campaigning” by Joe Biden that must make Dan Quayle weep at night, “Why did they pick on me?”

“Mark my words,” the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

“I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate,” Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. “And he’s gonna need help. And the kind of help he’s gonna need is, he’s gonna need you - not financially to help him - we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.

Now, Biden isn’t merely saying that the world is dangerous and full of states up to no good. We all know that. He’s saying a crisis will be “generated ” specifically to test the inexperienced Obama. What kind of campaign promise is that? It’s in effect saying that we will be safer with McCain. Further he goes on to assert that Obama’s handling of the crisis will be so unpopular it will mystify us! Does the Obama work in mysterious ways, or is this Biden’s preemptive excuse for a major, devastating rooster-up in the first six months of the Obama admin? Incredible.

But Biden doesn’t stop there on the impending unpopularity of his running mate:

“I’ve forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I’m not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it,” the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. “This guy has it. But he’s gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, ‘Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?’ We’re gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I’m asking you now, I’m asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you’re going to have to reinforce us.”

“There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go, ‘Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don’t know about that decision’,” Biden continued. “Because if you think the decision is sound when they’re made, which I believe you will when they’re made, they’re not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they’re popular, they’re probably not sound.”

So forget all the crap about how the transformative Obama is going stop the rising oceans and heal the sick; Biden promises that the new president will be head-shakingly unpopular in just a few years. Isn’t that exactly what Obama has been campaigning against: the historically unpopularest George W. Bush? By saying that the popularity of a policy is directly inverse to its soundness, by the same logic Biden must be suggesting that Bush has been nearly magnificent!

Palin got the response to this craziness just right:

He didn’t specify what all those four or five scenarios will be, but for clues, let’s review the Obama foreign policy agenda.

Our opponent wants to sit down with the world’s worst dictators. With no preconditions, he proposes to meet with a regime in Teheran that vows to “wipe Israel off the map.” Let’s call that crisis scenario number one.

Senator Obama has also advocated sending our U.S. military into Pakistan without the approval of the Pakistani government. Invading the sovereign territory of a troubled partner in the war against terrorism. We’ll call that scenario number two.

He opposed the surge strategy that has finally brought victory in Iraq within sight. He’s voted to cut off funding for our troops, leaving our young men and women at grave risk. He wants to pull out, leaving some 25 million Iraqis at the mercy of Iranian-supported Shiite extremists and al Qaeda in Iraq. By his own admission, this could mean our troops would have to go back to Iraq. Crisis scenario number three.

After the Russian army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama’s reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence – the kind of response that would only encourage Vladimir Putin to invade Ukraine next. That would be crisis scenario number four.

But I guess the looming crisis that most worries the Obama campaign right now is Joe Biden’s next speaking engagement. Let’s call that crisis scenario number five.

The real problem is that these warnings from Joe Biden are similar to his earlier assessment of Barack Obama. It wasn’t so long ago that he said Barack Obama wasn’t up to the job, and that, quote, “the presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training.”
    Pretty good read. How much of it is taken out of context or misrepresented though?

ms61853
    ms61853's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    Pretty good read. How much of it is taken out of context or misrepresented though?
    There's a link to the audio here (near the end of the column)

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008...with-a-crisis/

Listen for yourself.