konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

SBR here's your racebook problem

Ok I just bet a race at Calder I posted it about a minute before the race when off ....SBR racebook was in tune with the gate opening and closed the race right before it went off like it usually does.....Ok here's whats happening SBR!

I have had a lot of races voided this one will probably be also its a loser those like most.....when I post the race I checked open bets to see my time posted your
    race clock is almost 2 minutes fast it doesnt line up with real time so my bet showed posted at like 12:32:52 and Im watching the race live with the clock in the picture showin 12:31:00 check it out for yourself ...fix it and stop voiding good races overall your voids have helped me though so thanks...I think if I was past posting I would be able to win
    I would hate to see someone hit a good one and have a void that isnt legit

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I thought they made it 2 minutes fast for safety reasons many no shot takers>

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

LOL how does making it 2 miutes fast yet leaving a legit race open make it fair
    you bet a legal race then have it voided because of an incorrect clockhow stupid
    is that

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

I have been seeing this happen a lot more frequently with horsebook players. I suggest that you don't wait till the last minute to place a wager on a horse, if you want to be safe that your bet will not be voided try to make the wager with at least 5 or 10 mins of time before the race starts. All bets that continue to show as placed after the race started will be voided.

Be Cool

saints7011
    saints7011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

everytime I go to the racebook I can never find nascar ?

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by saints7011 View Post
    everytime I go to the racebook I can never find nascar ?

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are correct konck

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

The thing about horse racing is i would like to know the odds before i bet and if i bet five minutes before a 3-1 shot could all of a sudden become 2/5 making it a no bet for me. There wasnt a problem with this before, but has become frequent as of late.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by gtkid911 View Post
    The thing about horse racing is i would like to know the odds before i bet and if i bet five minutes before a 3-1 shot could all of a sudden become 2/5 making it a no bet for me. There wasnt a problem with this before, but has become frequent as of late.
    Like I said it's just to be on the safe side, but if you're a wild child and like to live on the edge then by all means take take that risk and get ur bets in as close to the race as possible as I do totally understand that in horse racing the line may change constantly the closer it gets to the start of the race... But as stated previously if the system says that the bet is past post it will be voided.

Be Cool

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You can't bet on a horse hours ahead. What if the horse is sweating badly or has problems getting in the gate? It changes everything.

Richkas

I love the races.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You can't bet on a horse hours ahead. What if the horse is sweating badly or has problems getting in the gate? It changes everything.
    I never said hours man, I know you shouldn't bet on a horse hours ahead...

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

yea things have changed with the SBRbook, if it says Post on their system it doesn't matter what the actual off time was your bet is voided, makes it tough to bet Harness tracks that show 5 mins between races but actual are 10 apart..

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Dax, the problem is that anyone who plays horses regularly has rules...all of my rules rely on post time odds, like someone said earlier, a horse that is 4-1 5 mnutes before post, is a great bet for me, however, if the public pounds it down to 6-5 (which happens more than you think), I don't want to bet it.

2 minutes is a lifetime prerace horse odds.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

if you win in the racebook they void your bet but if you lose they let it stand. very wrong since most races start a few minutes past the start time. best to just take it off the board early and end this nonsense.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by treece View Post
    if you win in the racebook they void your bet but if you lose they let it stand. very wrong since most races start a few minutes past the start time. best to just take it off the board early and end this nonsense.
    This is not true, if the bet is a winner or loser and it's a past post bet, as per the system, they will all be Voided.

jjgold

This system is not hooked into totes like legal USA shops therefore for safety nets we lock it earlier.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    This system is not hooked into totes like legal USA shops therefore for safety nets we lock it earlier.

jjgold

Dax I ended the thread
    These guys dont understand horse betting

Richkas

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Dax I ended the thread
    These guys dont understand horse betting

I do.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

had a winner yesterday that was voided when I put it in before the off time.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    had a winner yesterday that was voided when I put it in before the off time.
    The NTRA contests shut down at the listed post time. I've seen it closed for selections due to delays caused by earlier races while the horses were still in the ringing ring with ten minutes to the race. That's their system you just have to adapt.
    Bottom line if you really want the bet you'll get it in on time. Any bet submitted after the listed post time is in danger of being voided in a book such as the one at sbr.
    I've been shut out with off-shore books several times.
    Only services like TVG, xpressbet, twin spires etc give you those pre off race seconds to get down.

DaHoss
    DaHoss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

odds cycle change a lot on last 3-5 mins.. thats where most of the steam comes in so why wouldnt u want to follow betting cycles instwad of having to bet 5-10 mins in adv

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

wow, non pro betting horses for worthless points he can't use since he doesn't have $200 to go pro

You have more than enough points for $250 cash at BetJam, why not pony up the money to go pro so you can use those points

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

Dax,

The problem is the clock on your end that is wrong. Contest games have come off 2-3 minutes before they even start as well. That's crazy!
    Betting the races is tough enough, give these guys at least one minute back.
    While you should not be able to make sure your horse doesn't have a fit in the gate , you should not have to bet volatile prices 5-10 minutes before either and not be able to see the post parade or them jog off for a minute.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by DaHoss View Post
    odds cycle change a lot on last 3-5 mins.. thats where most of the steam comes in so why wouldnt u want to follow betting cycles instwad of having to bet 5-10 mins in adv
    Since horses are parimutual what does chasing steam do? You get the closing odds no matter when you place your bet correct? Unless you want a dog and won't bet unless the horse is getting better odds and right before post he hits your number I don't see any other benefit in waiting. Is that what you are talking about if now what am I missing?

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    The NTRA contests shut down at the listed post time. I've seen it closed for selections due to delays caused by earlier races while the horses were still in the ringing ring with ten minutes to the race. That's their system you just have to adapt. Bottom line if you really want the bet you'll get it in on time. Any bet submitted after the listed post time is in danger of being voided in a book such as the one at sbr. I've been shut out with off-shore books several times. Only services like TVG, xpressbet, twin spires etc give you those pre off race seconds to get down.
    I couldn't have said it better.

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

The thing about horse racing is that its parimutuel and you truly dont know the odds of the horse at post. Some guy can come in dump 10k on a horse that he loves and bring that horse to favoritism.

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have no knocks with M/L odds in the sbr racebook.i can work with it,no problem.however i for one would like to see the pool cycles at the racetrack cycle every 5 or 10 seconds rather than the 45 to 60 seconds as is the current trend. this would discourage big betters from betting big bucks on a horse somewhat early,and then cancelling out their big bet to put in on the horse they really want.
    this shady play is supposed to be illegal at most tracks,but,some tellers will play ball with these crooks to get a piece of the action.
    good luck everyone.

csm506
    csm506's Avatar Become A Pro!

This happened to me last week on two occasions, on one of them I lost 200+ points the entire system as we know it has gone to heck, bring in Haliburton to run things lol

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points

its my opinion that if you click submit bet and the bet is accepted then it was placed before the race was run, some offshore books close the race with about 2 mins to post, which means you cant even get a bet in, here you place a bet while watching the live feed from the track where it clearly says 3 mins to post, but on SBR time it says post, they let you place the bet then you have to track them down to find out whats going on.. just close the race with 2 minutes, save us all the aggravation.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

i bet a race at 4:29pm and it was stamped at 4:33pm when i looked at my open bets. someone needs to fix the clock. it shouldn't be that hard.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points

Quote Originally Posted by treece View Post
    i bet a race at 4:29pm and it was stamped at 4:33pm when i looked at my open bets. someone needs to fix the clock. it shouldn't be that hard.
    I just noticed that too, i bet a race at Churchill and when i bet it the racebook clearly said 3 MTP after i submitted it, i check now just to make sure, of course the bet isn't graded yet and i see the time of my bet is 1 minute past what SBR has as post time for the race.. Of course no one is in Live Help and it'll be tomorrow before it is refunded... The clock definitely has to be wrong on SBR's end..

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points

just placed a bet at 7:48, sbr says it was in at 7:52

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Who's in charge of the racebook?

12 Last