Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Meet HERMAN CAIN, the next U.S. president

WHY HERMAN WILL BE PRESIDENT........

10. The "race card": A Cain candidacy not only takes the race card off the table -- it might in fact put it in the Republicans' camp. Frankly, Cain is "blacker" than Obama in every way imaginable. He does not have a white parent. He has a slight black dialect and does not "turn it off" to impress Harry Reid or Joe Biden, nor does he "amp it up" to impress Jeremiah Wright.

As Obama's presidency has shown, America did not need a black president. What America needs is to just get over the race thing, period. Cain is over it, and I bet he would flat-out tell Obama to get over it, too.

9. Been there, done that: Cain brings a lot of "been there, done that" to the office, and that is in stark contrast not only to Obama, but to almost anyone else running. Cain is not shy about making fun of politicians' lack of understanding of the reality of the free-enterprise system, and certainly no group embodies that ignorance more than Obama and his administration. Making a payroll; dealing with employees, the IRS, the INS, insurance companies; dealing with rents, lawsuits, unemployment commissions, etc. -- Cain has been there, done that. Obama has not.

8. Not forgettable: One Herman Cain soundbite is worth ten from Tim...um, what's his name? Oh, yeah, Pawlenty. Cain's boldness and confidence and accent and voice will cut through the noise out there, and this makes his candidacy dangerous even if he faces some financial handicaps versus other folks running. He is a talk radio host now by trade and knows how to hold folks' attention.

7. Will break every rule set for him by "strategists": This one might be my favorite. Cain has never counted on political strategists to get him where he is now, and this alone separates him from all other candidates. Lord help the first "strategist" from the RNC who advises Cain to "tone it down" or "soften his position."

6. Will really get under the skin of the Washingtonian class: A Cain candidacy would drive David Brooks to apoplexy. Charles Krauthammer -- doing his best to run off legions of his longtime fans -- would no doubt find some Palinesque reasons to object to Cain. And those are the conservative ruling-class folks. Imagine what the liberals will say about this non-Ivy league, non-elected Southern black guy running for president. I can't wait to hear it.

5. Will not get in way of the 2010 Congress' momentum: This might be the most important reason to support a Cain candidacy. He has gained momentum as part of the Tea Party movement that was the defining factor in the 2010 congressional elections. A Cain candidacy would be in lockstep with what the country told Congress it wanted in November 2010. It will be an extension of the 2010 campaign, and that's preferable to a presidential election that will distract from the 2010 results.

4. Never held office before: While Cain's opponents -- on both sides of the aisle -- are licking their chops over this one, they should rethink this. Mr. Cain already has a lethal (can we still say that?) response to this one: "Everyone in Washington has held public office before. How's that working out for you?" Case closed.

3. Ann Coulter's second-favorite pick: So Ann's first choice is Chris Christie, and Cain comes in second. With some 25 names floating around out there, being number 2 on anyone's list is pretty good at this point in the game. Besides, I predict that Cain will overtake Christie on Ann's list. Cain is more conservative and even less afraid to speak his mind. While I love Christie's boldness on the issues where he is conservative, he will wobble off to the Jersey left a bit on some issues. Cain will not.

2. Will not be cowed by the new speech police: The attempt by the left to silence conservatives in light of the Tucson shootings will not be the last. And you can bet that when they do, some on the right will recoil and fall prey, regardless of how mindless the attempts are. If you have followed Herman Cain, you know that this will not be an issue for him.

And the number one reason to support a Cain candidacy? It opens the door to a ticket of Cain and Haley Barbour in some order. OK, maybe this is not earthshaking, but imagine the "racist Republican Party" putting forth a national ticket including a drawlin' Mississippi good ol' boy and a black businessman who still speaks a smidgen of Ebonics.

This would be the hope and change America thought they were getting in 2008. This would be ticket not so much of "racial healing" as it would be the ticket of "just get over the race thing." Because liberalism is joined at the hip with the race pimp industry, a liberal African-American cannot by definition do for the country what a black conservative can. A black liberal winning reinforces counterproductive stereotypes. A conservative black winning crushes them. Period

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

nice copy and paste job Fishhead
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll, and golfrulz

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

This guy is the only shot we have at getting Obama outta there!!

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    nice copy and paste job Fishhead

Thanks

I love his plan to abolish the current tax code and simply go with a national SALES TAX

Been in favor of this for 20 years.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

I wont post the quote from former Philadelphia Mayor Frank Rizzo but it will apply to the election of 2012

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Thanks

I love his plan to abolish the current tax code and simply go with a national SALES TAX

Been in favor of this for 20 years.
    You mean like the VAT they have in Europe? Why would Republicans be in favor of this? That means if you have to buy an expensive car or a yacht the sales tax will be much higher than what you pay now.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Pavy, I am a Republican, and I am totally in favor of a flat tax. With the convoluted tax code that we have today, a flat tax is the ONLY hope of getting all people to pay their fair share of taxes. Now I would not include food, prescription drugs, or housing as taxable items. WEven though it would cost me more in the long run, I can understand me paying more taxes for my new Caddy than some poor slob paying for his used 2000 Honda. I can see me paying more taxes on my steak dinner than someone paying for their $1.00 Value meal at McD's.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i like herm myself at this point. a black republican is the only real chance of avoiding hell on earth till 2016.

cloudagh
    cloudagh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

The debates will be huge ratings winners now. He has a resume.

Fishhead

What are the best futures odds on Herm currently?

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    This guy is the only shot we have at getting Obama outta there!!
    Interesting idea, run another Black guy against obama !

I fail to see why obama is considered such a lock for re-election, though !

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

I like this guy but let's be realistic...

It is pretty obvious now that whoever is REALLY in charge is just Fukking with us now...

Last election our choices were...

-a half black hippy that wasn't even born here..

-a war hero that claims to be conservative yet votes for everything liberal, that chooses a house wife to be his running mate....

Now we have this guy??

You can't make this shit up...

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

What are the best futures odds on Herm currently?
    i believe i saw him around 10-1 to win the republican party nomination. no way in hell im betting on something that will take a year to grade though.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I can see Herman winning Forsyth Co. in a landslide.

nasaki
    nasaki's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is the same guy who is paranoid over the manufactured outrage about non-existent Sharia Law in the U.S. & when asked what his foreign policy plan he replied: i'll let you know when i win.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not a ******* chance. This ***** here has a better chance for the presidency than Cain...

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Herman Cain wins Republican nomination:
    +3000

Herman Cain wins general election
    +6500

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Uncle toms

Mammon
    Mammon's Avatar Become A Pro!

No shot at all here Fishman

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    +3000

+6500

What shop(s)?

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Awesome, another bumpable thread in a year, kinda like the ones proclaiming Donald Trump as our next president as well as the end of the world jargon.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

You gotta remember we are dealing with America here so anyone who actually has experience or qualifications won't have a chance anymore. Trump is a prime example of that and Cain will be also.

Now if Cain goes out there like our first "black" president, spreads a bunch of empty promises and spends as much or more money as Obama on his campaign he is a shoe-in. Of course, Oprah will have the final say though.
    Last edited by brooks85; 05-26-11 at 04:28 PM.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Herman Munster has a better chance of winning than Herman Cain. This smacks of 2008 when McCain chose Sarah Palin because he seriously believed he could steal some Clinton backers. I mean, I get the reasoning: a black Republican president as a Nixon goes to China type moment, but it just doesn't add up. What Black/Jewish/Hispanic America wants to hear is how they aren't 2nd class in this country, they don't want to hear a member of their group tell them to "get over it". In short, every time they hear some white dude talk about taking back *his* country that's just one more reason not to vote Republican. That is why they support the Democrats, not because of some identity thing.

I think this whole Medicare/Mediscare issue will characterize the whole 2012 election. Not necessarily the issue itself, but listen to what's being said. The Democrats accuse the Republicans of trying to eliminate Medicare, the Republicans say that's a lie, we're trying to reform it to keep it from going bankrupt. The Republicans say the Democrats want to do nothing about Medicare, the Democrats say that's a lie, we passed PPACA to stem the rise of Medicare costs. This election isn't about the issues, its about WHO YOU BELIEVE. That means its all about turnout. 2008 saw a generation of Americans turn their backs on the Republican party, possibly for good. 2010 saw that same generation turn out at an even lower rate than previous mid-terms. If they come back to the polls in 2012, which they probably will, and the Republicans don't succeed in branding them all "fraudulent voters", its no longer a question of will Obama win, its a question of whether his coattails will allow the Democrats to retake the House and hold onto the Senate. I'd say Obama is 85% to win, Democrats are 55% to retake the House, and 45% to hold the Senate.

And no, this election isn't comparable to 1992. In 1992 Clinton didn't just turn out his own supporters, he took support from the Republicans base in the south. Then there was Perot, the original Tea Party Man who split the conservative vote. 2012 is going to be about turnout, and elections will probably be about turnout for the foreseeable future.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

I like some of the things Cain says and I like some of it, but he doesn't have a chance of winning. You fail to forget Democrats and Independents that voted for Obama in large part aren't racist, Republicans on the other hand...Tea Party especially... I think Ron Paul is a better candidate than Cain, but neither will get the nod I don't think and if either do, Obama will stomp them. Romney has a much better chance to gain the Independent and steal disenfranchised Dem votes because he's practically a liberal himself.

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Good post there Fishhead. I have listened to him at a couple of rallys he is very good.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Like your choice Fisher
    Educated and conservative

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    +3000

+6500
    What shop(s)?

he'll be perfect for dividing republicans.

golfrulz
    golfrulz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

a Cain/Palin ticket
    Right of Return – a pizza refund policy…
    I can see Little Ceasars from my house.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

You live in Hemet.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Pavy, I am a Republican, and I am totally in favor of a flat tax. With the convoluted tax code that we have today, a flat tax is the ONLY hope of getting all people to pay their fair share of taxes. Now I would not include food, prescription drugs, or housing as taxable items. WEven though it would cost me more in the long run, I can understand me paying more taxes for my new Caddy than some poor slob paying for his used 2000 Honda. I can see me paying more taxes on my steak dinner than someone paying for their $1.00 Value meal at McD's.

RenoChazz
    RenoChazz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 386

It's Ron Paul or nothing for me.
    Any other candidate will mean less freedom, and more taxes under the guise of keeping us safe, including Herman Cain.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    You live in Hemet.
    No wonder he's disgruntled...

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

How is it that people can see how government operates (or fails to operate), but somehow think Ron Paul would have any more luck getting something done when he advocates

slashing military (say goodbye to the yellow suv magnet crowd)
    eliminating the dept of education (bye bye teachers union)
    decriminalizing drugs (bye bye chuckie church crowd)

You think it's gridlock now????

wiffle
    wiffle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RenoChazz View Post
    It's Ron Paul or nothing for me.
    Any other candidate will mean less freedom, and more taxes under the guise of keeping us safe, including Herman Cain.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Herman is everything Obama isn't. He's actually worked hard to be successful, and hasn't had anything just handed to him. He has actual business experience, and doesn't view earning money as some sort of crime that needs to be remedied through the tax code.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33428

10. The "race card" ...Cain is "blacker" than Obama
    Black voters are highly partisan, and would not support Cain in a general election. If you took a poll of who black voters would rather unseat from the supreme court, Clarence Thomas or Elena Kagen, they would vote off Thomas by an enormous margin, even though he is black. There is no way Cain would get even a significant minority of black votes. In fact, race hurts Cain because there are a significant minority of white Republican primary voters who categorically will not vote for a black candidate in the primary, and may not vote at all in a general election between two black guys.

9. Been there, done that: Cain is not shy about making fun of politicians' lack of understanding of the reality of the free-enterprise system
    There's one place where Cain has not been. Political office. He is not running for a private sector job, he is running for a public service job. He has literally no experience with that. This will cost him more votes than the votes he will receive for being the boss of a pizza chain.

8. Not forgettable: He is a talk radio host now by trade and knows how to hold folks' attention.
    I don't disagree with this.

7. Will break every rule set for him by "strategists": Lord help the first "strategist" from the RNC who advises Cain to "tone it down" or "soften his position."
    Not moving to the center in a general election would hurt his candidacy, not help it. And btw, Republican strategists rarely "tone it down" see: Willie Horton, Swift Boaters, and "pall around with terrorists."

6. Will really get under the skin of the Washingtonian class: A Cain candidacy would drive David Brooks to apoplexy.
    Umm... alienating a voting block that would otherwise support you is not good strategy. A popular candidate would gain the support of both the establishment of his party and the grassroots. Barack Obama and George W. Bush are both good examples of candidates who did this.

5. Will not get in way of the 2010 Congress' momentum: He has gained momentum as part of the Tea Party movement
    The tea party has unfavorable to favorable ratings by a 3:2 margin and it's even worse than that in practice because those who support the Tea Party vote for Republicans anyway, but many of those who don't support them are independent swing voters.

4. Never held office before: "Everyone in Washington has held public office before. How's that working out for you?" Case closed.
    You are deluding yourself here.

3. Ann Coulter's second-favorite pick:
    In 2008 Ann Coulter's pick was Duncan Hunter. He finished 7th in both Iowa and New Hampshire with about 1% of the vote in each. He was out of the race before Super Tuesday. An endorsement from Ann Coulter clearly does not mean much, even in the primary.

2. Will not be cowed by the new speech police: The attempt by the left to silence conservatives in light of the Tucson shootings will not be the last. And you can bet that when they do, some on the right will recoil and fall prey, regardless of how mindless the attempts are. If you have followed Herman Cain, you know that this will not be an issue for him.
    Huh???

And the number one reason to support a Cain candidacy? It opens the door to a ticket of Cain and Haley Barbour in some order.... imagine the "racist Republican Party" putting forth a national ticket including a drawlin' Mississippi good ol' boy and a black businessman who still speaks a smidgen of Ebonics.
    Okay, I imagined it. It looks like a ticket that loses by a wide margin.
    Points Awarded:

King Mayan gave Ian 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

12 Last