Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post

I have zero respect for Lebron James' character.

I'm sure he's losing a ton of sleep over this. The guy is a great player who decided he wanted to win some rings and work with his friends. Wasn't handled all that well, but he didn't break any laws.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

So when Danny Ainge puts 3 hall of famers together, he's a genius, but when LeBron and Wade arrange it, they're cheaters???

cubfan2121
    cubfan2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    All it takes is one championship and Lebron will be immortalized, even with the help of Wade and Bosh. When Kobe got his 5th ring, no one even mentions the first 3 was under Shaq.
    Immortalized by who? the white shirts that cover the empty seats over there in miami?

Lebron will forever be known as one of the most gifted players who needed to be on a team of allstars to finish the job he obvioulsy couldnt do by himself.

cubfan2121

Quote Originally Posted by cubfan2121 View Post
    Immortalized by who? the white shirts that cover the empty seats over there in miami?

Lebron will forever be known as one of the most gifted players who needed to be on a team of allstars to finish the job he obvioulsy couldnt do by himself.
    Let me rephrase
    Lebron will forever be known as one of the most gifted players who needed to be on a team of allstars to finish the job he obvioulsy couldnt do by himself because he doesnt have that leadership quality about him and doesnt possess that "it" factor. He needed someone else to finish the job for him.

But as everyone knows he makes more money than you and I, but if you didnt know that im sure there will be some cable network special produced by the NBA that will let you know.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by cubfan2121 View Post

Has anyone been able to win a championship without all-star teammates?

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

I agree the Heat are bad at being cry babies. They piss and moan about calls it seems like on every play. What really gets under my skin is they are one of the worst in taking a hit and acting like they have been shot, thus leading to a foul if not flagrant foul. Where is the pride and winner heart in that ?

Taka
    Taka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    All it takes is one championship and Lebron will be immortalized, even with the help of Wade and Bosh. When Kobe got his 5th ring, no one even mentions the first 3 was under Shaq.
    I do

Taka
    Taka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post
    Anyone who is a Heat fan, and jumped on this magical bandwagon, need to have a hard look in the mirror. Says a lot about you as a person, and even more about you as a man.
    I think if you are still young and single.. you should let any potential wife know that you decided to cheer a team brought together because certain players could not beat the Celtics on their own. This would let the woman know that you really stand for nothing and would sell your soul for some poon down the road.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    I'm sure he's losing a ton of sleep over this. The guy is a great player who decided he wanted to win some rings and work with his friends. Wasn't handled all that well, but he didn't break any laws.
    Oh, I'm sure he sleeps just fine. It's not about breaking laws. It's not about his performance on the court or which team he plays for. The move to Miami was a business decision. It's the classless sense of entitlement and love of drama and fame that he carries around with him that I take issue with. He's a spoiled child that's been told how amazing and special he is since he was young. Kind of sad that even when he has everything he wants, he still can't grow up.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post

Oh, I'm sure he sleeps just fine. It's not about breaking laws. It's not about his performance on the court or which team he plays for. The move to Miami was a business decision. It's the classless sense of entitlement and love of drama and fame that he carries around with him that I take issue with. He's a spoiled child that's been told how amazing and special he is since he was young. Kind of sad that even when he has everything he wants, he still can't grow up.
    All that matters is what he does on the basketball court---everything else is meaningless in my opinion. People hate on Kobe because he rapped that girl- well what does that have to do with his game?

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Do you not remember who Larry Bird, MJ, and Magic Johnson had on their teams? Hm.. let me think Kevin McHale, Parish-both all stars in the nba at the time--for magic Kareem towards downfall of prime and james worthy--both all stars---and jordan--dennis rodman, an all star, and scotty pippen, arguably a superstar.

I don't like Lebron's character, but you have to admire the guy's game from a basketball perspective. The league has never seen anyone with the pure talent of Lebron James. Magic to be fair isn't even close. Although obviously a better player if both retire today. In the end we should be basketball fans, not looking so much at personality
    No body would fault LeBron if somehow Cleveland managed to draft a player near his calibre, or perhaps even traded for Stoudemire lat year.
    The point is, LeBron looked at the 2nd best player in the league and decided to team up with him.
    In what other sport has that ever happened?
    As sports fans, we expect these guys to hate each other, or at the very least, respect each other off the court and want to embarrass them on it.
    And the only players we have ever seen selectivity choose to play with players they once fought fiercely against, were aging stars such as Malone or Payton.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post

No body would fault LeBron if somehow Cleveland managed to draft a player near his calibre, or perhaps even traded for Stoudemire lat year.
    The point is, LeBron looked at the 2nd best player in the league and decided to team up with him.
    In what other sport has that ever happened?
    As sports fans, we expect these guys to hate each other, or at the very least, respect each other off the court and want to embarrass them on it.
    And the only players we have ever seen selectivity choose to play with players they once fought fiercely against, were aging stars such as Malone or Payton.
    Fair enough.

Pierce, Ray, and Garnett all teamed together, but I guess none of those guys will ever be in the same discussion as Wade and James when they retire. Clyde Drexler and Hakeem teamed up. Rodman went from the bad boys to the Bulls, one of the biggest rivalries.

I can see your point though. 2 of the top 4 or so players in the league have never been on one team. I think Lebron needed a guy like Wade to win a championship and get him over that hump. That move will change the league from here on out. We will see alot more of this superstar-superstar combination in the future.

$Burm$
    $Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think they have won the championship yet??? Dirk and the Mavs might have something else planned for the Heat.

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

you are mad haha

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

What the Celtics did can not in any way be compared to this Heats team.

I cant even beleive they are mentioned together and I cant believe people continue to use this as a justification.

I am neither a Heat fan, nor hater, and I love NBA basketball. I hate the Celtics, and still dont see it as anywhere close.

Lebron was the next most dominant player ever. I do somewhat appreciate the willingness to share the title and the ball, but there are also some negatives to it.

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Fair enough.

Pierce, Ray, and Garnett all teamed together, but I guess none of those guys will ever be in the same discussion as Wade and James when they retire. Clyde Drexler and Hakeem teamed up. Rodman went from the bad boys to the Bulls, one of the biggest rivalries.

I can see your point though. 2 of the top 4 or so players in the league have never been on one team. I think Lebron needed a guy like Wade to win a championship and get him over that hump. That move will change the league from here on out. We will see alot more of this superstar-superstar combination in the future.
    Ya, thats pretty much my point. I think you can only really compare the NBA and NHL in terms of elite players and their control over the game. I think people who have shat them selves if Lemiuex and Gretzky teamed up in the early 90s.

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

I hate the Heat almost as much as anyone. Lebron is a punk for bailing on his home state team the way he did, but what they did was within the rules of the game and at least they waited until the end of their contracts to do what they did. The Celtics pulled together 3 stars when 2 (Garnett, Allen) signed long term extensions then cried their way off their teams forcing trades to the Celtics.

cubfan2121

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Probably not but what i think the perception is that these guys cried their way to top and thats what they are going to be known for. But once again they have to win first. I cant think of the team that people disliked so much for no appearant reason.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

In the end we should be basketball fans, not looking so much at personality
    I am NOT a role model...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    The Detroit Pistons. Chauncey, Rip, Tayshaun weren't what most consider as superstars.

The problem with what the Heat did was that it was clearly collusion by all 3 players, orchestrated by Pat Riley and Dwayne Wade. They pulled the wool over everyone's eyes as they have been planning their deceit for at least 3 years. Why do you think Miami kept shedding salary so that they could have the cap space to pull off the trifecta. For all 3 guys to put on a show as if each were interested in other teams was a farce. The public and the media are lemmings, easily duped and this was a big FU to the fans.

The inmates are now running the asylum but I expect the owners to change it all in the new CBA.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    don't worry, Mavs will crap on them

Nothing less than sweep shall satisfy my thirst for LeQuit's blood! Cheaters heads will roll

Reds_FAN
    Reds_FAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

This is a pretty great thread.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't count the Mavs out...

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    i think it'll be an exciting series but even michael, magic and bird dont like how they put together this championship team. its kinda dirty, perverting the game...but i dont have a problem with it, and it appears to have been effective.
    I'm so tired of people and past superstars bitching about this. But its ok to acquire Rodman and Pippen and win 6 championships? Or to get great picks/trades. That's ok too. God forbid(he even exists) 2 superstars on one team. No this will ruin their legacy because sports are all about one person, taking the brunt of shots and being immortalized. It's so corny.

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Do you not remember who Larry Bird, MJ, and Magic Johnson had on their teams? Hm.. let me think Kevin McHale, Parish-both all stars in the nba at the time--for magic Kareem towards downfall of prime and james worthy--both all stars---and jordan--dennis rodman, an all star, and scotty pippen, arguably a superstar.

I don't like Lebron's character, but you have to admire the guy's game from a basketball perspective. The league has never seen anyone with the pure talent of Lebron James. Magic to be fair isn't even close. Although obviously a better player if both retire today. In the end we should be basketball fans, not looking so much at personality
    This might be the dumbest post I've ever seen. I can only assume you are too young to have watched magic play. I didn't like him, but he was incredible. Way better than lebron. Lebron isn't even the best player on his team. Another retarded point you made was look who those guys had on their team. The gigantic difference was their teams were drafted and assembled by their ball clubs. They didn't get on the phone with each other saying let's all sign with this team so we can actually win.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Plus Michael Jordan had to go through all the disappointment of losing to the Piston teams, got beat up by that team because he wasn't strong physically enough to take the punishment with their "Jordan Rules". But he went to the well and redid himself and became better and took down the evil empire in Detroit. He didn't pussy out and leave Chicago and team up with Olajawan in Houston.

If Lebron had stayed in Cleveland there was a good chance that they would be in the finals right now. The Cleveland team of last 2 years was just as good as these watered down teams this year. He would have gained much more respect by winning in his home city instead of taking the bitch move. A true champion doesn't take the easy way out. They make a way when there doesn't seem to be a way.

Gumdog
    Gumdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

@ double bogey, im pretty sure dennis rodman wasnt drafted by the bulls lol

cubfan2121

Quote Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post
    I'm so tired of people and past superstars bitching about this. But its ok to acquire Rodman and Pippen and win 6 championships? Or to get great picks/trades. That's ok too. God forbid(he even exists) 2 superstars on one team. No this will ruin their legacy because sports are all about one person, taking the brunt of shots and being immortalized. It's so corny.
    The bulls didnt aquire pippen he was drafted so he was there from the start.
    The bulls only won 3 championships with rodman they won the first 3 with horace grant who at the time was an above average player at best.
    Difference was Rodman was never considered the best player ever just one hell of a rebounder with a few screws loose. He didnt go around say "i need help winning some more championpionships let me go take my talents to chicago" Reason I say more because he won 2 rings with the pistons a few years earlier.

Let Lebron win a ring first before you even consider him in the conversation of being a winner
    then let him win more than one before you start immortalizing him.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

The Heat havent won anything yet. Not time to polish the crowns.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Plus Michael Jordan had to go through all the disappointment of losing to the Piston teams, got beat up by that team because he wasn't strong physically enough to take the punishment with their "Jordan Rules". But he went to the well and redid himself and became better and took down the evil empire in Detroit. He didn't pussy out and leave Chicago and team up with Olajawan in Houston.

If Lebron had stayed in Cleveland there was a good chance that they would be in the finals right now. The Cleveland team of last 2 years was just as good as these watered down teams this year. He would have gained much more respect by winning in his home city instead of taking the bitch move. A true champion doesn't take the easy way out. They make a way when there doesn't seem to be a way.

Excellant post. That's why MJ will always be above the so called "king." By the way nice avatar.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by Gumdog View Post
    @ double bogey, im pretty sure dennis rodman wasnt drafted by the bulls lol
    He was traded for Will Perdue and cash. Big difference then signing as a free agent. The Bulls actually gave up something that was perceived to be of equal value.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

You're right, those boys need to get back in line and let their owners decide their fates.

legendmatt34
    legendmatt34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

hot pics~

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    You're right, those boys need to get back in line and let their owners decide their fates.
    Im simply pointing out the flaw in the argument that the Bulls did the same thing that the Heat did.

First 123 Last