potsie
    potsie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    today is Oct 17th, where is the transcript from said statement or link to newspaper, video, audio from this?
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/1...NEED17.article

potsie
    potsie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    you don't get taxed as an American if you live outside the states and your money earned is not from here(the US).
    The IRS can not tax me anywhere i live, unless somehow i'm still making money from the states somehow.

now i'm not sure about your situation cause you spend so much time in the US and technically work in the US, but i'm pretty sure you would only be taxed under the country of residence. you said you have to pay American taxes and Canadian taxes? That makes no sense. Plus you said you have to pay for OHIP even though you don't use it, yet you have Blue Cross through your employer. OHIP is for people who live in the Ontario province of Canada, it is open to only Canadian citizens and you have to claim Ontario as your main residence. Why would you be forced to pay into a system that you don't use and are not a Canadian citizen and you pay taxes to America? Do you claim the US or Canada as your main residence throughout the year?
    Okay, I live in Ontario yes. Americans are REQUIRED to pay tax on worldwide income regardless of country of residence or where the money is earned. That is a fact. Canada taxes only it's residents. I get credited with my American tax paid on my Canadian return. I do have to pay into the Canadian OHIP plan as I file a Canadian return. I am eligible for OHIP as an Ontario resident. There is no citizenship requirement for OHIP, just residency. Believe me, I would not pay taxes in two countries if I didn't have to! I'd rather shoot myself, lol. These are tax laws that you can research yourself if you like, but I have no reason to lie to you.

As for the 'no tax increase if you make under 250K' I don't buy it. I've never seen a democrat pres that didn't push for tax increases across the board...unless you don't pay tax, then you get a refund check for taxes you never paid. It's like in Cuba, whether you are a doctor or a janitor you make the same amount of money. That is the 'redefined American dream' that Obama talks about.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

what refund if you don't pay taxes?

And by the way, accomplishments of poor little Cuba under US embargo is exemplary.

The racist dismissal of others is a mainstay of American policy. Calling Obama racist in this context is laughable.

First 12