crisp
    crisp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 627

Georgia Tech vs Clemson

any reason i shouldn't unload on georgia tech -2.5? georgia tech is a good team. clemson's coach and off cordinator are gone so why not? yes?

crisp

anybody?

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Something fishy about this game! I really would'nt touch it

ZBOIZ

At some places the line has moved from Clemson -2 to Clemson -3. Even with all the firings going on.

ZBOIZ

Also the Public is betting G.Tech at 58% and the line is steady giving G. Tech. points.

crisp

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    At some places the line has moved from Clemson -2 to Clemson -3. Even with all the firings going on.
    clemson is +2.5 at most stores.

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by crisp View Post
    clemson is +2.5 at most stores.
    It's just wierd to me.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

I think this line is a trick, they want you to take G Tech -2.5. Thats why they made it -2.5. Clemmy is going to be more loose since the coaches got fired so they'll air it out, also they're a good home team. If you want to feel safe buy it up to +3 but I'm taking the ml.

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by treece View Post
    I think this line is a trick, they want you to take G Tech -2.5. Thats why they made it -2.5. Clemmy is going to be more loose since the coaches got fired so they'll air it out, also they're a good home team. If you want to feel safe buy it up to +3 but I'm taking the ml.
    Yea it is something fishy. The line has not done nothing but climb up like people are betting Clemson.

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Clemson at the half

Clemson +1/2 (-110)
    Something really fishy about the halftime spread. Books are not being generous here. Usually when the spread is 2.5, the halftime spread is 1.5. Clemson defeated Georgia TEch 31-7 in 2006. That was the last time that played at death valley. Georgia Tech has injuries as QB. Nesbitt missed the last two games with a hamstring injury and Shaw missed a game due to concussion. Both are expected to be back for this game.

I like to use Clemson in a teaser. I would feel really confortable taking Clemson +9 on a teaser.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

a 2.5 spread will never be 1.5 1st half in football

BravoWhiskey
    BravoWhiskey's Avatar Become A Pro!

The matchups for Clemson are unfavorable in this game. Clemson has one of the worst offensive lines in FBS. The Jackets bring a DL with 4 future NFL players, and a defense that is allowing a paltry 10.7 points per game. Local legend Willy Korn is a redshirt freshman making his first start in this game. Offensive coordinator Rob Spence was shown the door shortly after Bowden's firing, leaving interim HC Dabo Swinney (who has never even served as an offensive coordinator) and former TE Coach Billy Napier (1 year of play calling experience at SC State) calling plays. Clemson's most explosive offensive player, CJ Spiller, tore his hamstring against Wake Forest and is out for this game. Demoted QB Cullen Harper has a fracture in his non throwing shoulder, and his availability is in question should Korn struggle. The thinking here is that Clemson will come out sky high, and will play well for about the first quarter of the game. From that point forward, the GT defense will clamp down on Clemson and force the young QB into mistakes. The return of Josh Nesbitt will be a huge factor in this game. At the time of his injury in the Mississippi State game, he was just starting to come into his own in this offense.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

when a college coach gets let go midseason, the team with the interim coach tends to have a big showing in the first game without the fired coach, esp when they are at home

i am NOT betting the game, but if forced, i go with clemson +

BravoWhiskey
    BravoWhiskey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    when a college coach gets let go midseason, the team with the interim coach tends to have a big showing in the first game without the fired coach, esp when they are at home

i am NOT betting the game, but if forced, i go with clemson +
    Often times you do see this. However, if there is a team leader for Clemson it is RB James Davis. He was visibly shaken and upset following Bowden's firing (there is a video on youtube in which he is sobbing like a little girl) In this case, I think there is a faction of this team that feels the way James Davis does. Reports coming out of Clemson this week stated that when Cullen Harper and Willy Korn cross paths they don't even speak to each other. Clemson has major chemistry issues. I'm not betting the game either. I generally don't wager on my team, but I have a pretty good handle on them as well as other teams in the ACC. This is easily the most competitive series in the ACC, and you never really know exactly what is going to happen.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BravoWhiskey View Post
    Often times you do see this. However, if there is a team leader for Clemson it is RB James Davis. He was visibly shaken and upset following Bowden's firing (there is a video on youtube in which he is sobbing like a little girl) In this case, I think there is a faction of this team that feels the way James Davis does. Reports coming out of Clemson this week stated that when Cullen Harper and Willy Korn cross paths they don't even speak to each other. Clemson has major chemistry issues. I'm not betting the game either. I generally don't wager on my team, but I have a pretty good handle on them as well as other teams in the ACC. This is easily the most competitive series in the ACC, and you never really know exactly what is going to happen.
    GREAT points you make here.

also ga tech is bring back their top 2 qb's after abt a 3 wk layoff for both of them. that concerns me about tech because they rely on timing and chemistry in the option game. the qb's might be rusty.

as i said earlier, i am not betting this game

bosterosoy
    bosterosoy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Skinner exposed Clemson's D in the most unexpected way (running the ball), G Tech's QB is as mobile as they come and can throw the ball, he should have his way with the Clemson D.

BOL