t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

All the hate on Westbrook is unwarranted

Most of the idiots at sbr have no clue whatsoever. I would really like to know how many of you actually watch the game and know it (Goat Milk, please refrain from responding). Russell Westbrook is a solid player, he's obviously very talented but i'm sick and tired of people getting on this guy's case saying he should pass more. Do any of you people actually watch the game? Half the time, Durant can't even get open to save his life. He's too skinny to separate from the defender and consequently he can't get himself in a good position to score the ball.

Westbrook is a good player but it's not his fault that Durant is taken out of games for periods of time.

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is known without westbrook they would not be in the WCF he is a great young talent no need to make a post, besides all great players have a few haters.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

You're joking.

10 possessions in the 4th where he did not even pass the ball. 7 TOs. Air balled 3 and dribbled it out-of-bounds in final 3 minutes that sealed it completely for Dallas. Probably another 10 possessions in the 1st half where he dribbled for 20 seconds and then bricked it or dumped it to a player with 2 seconds who bricked.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: nosniboR11

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    You're joking.

10 possessions in the 4th where he did not even pass the ball. 7 TOs. Air balled 3 and dribbled it out-of-bounds in final 3 minutes that sealed it completely for Dallas.
    how long has he been in the leauge ? he still learning , hes 22 he would start for 90% of the teams in the nba .

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Guy will never win a TITLE... Do you guys COMPREHEND this???

Dominique was "Talented".. .so was Spud Webb... Talent alone doesn't win games...

Guy would be in prison if he couldn't dribble, if you can't see this guy is crazy, and not very swift just by watching him you shouldn't be gambling.. Point Guards need to be half ass smart and have a clue (unless you are D.Rose and are the ONLY option surrounded by defensive guys)

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8057

You don't think he will mature some with expirance ? His youth and inexpreance is showing!

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's 22 he's gonna make bad decisions...I made bad decisions when I was 22 except it wasn't in front of the whole world to bicker back and forth about. I do think he make decisions that effect the outcome for his team, but I'll refrain from forming my full opinion until he's at least 25. He's a little kid and I think everyone forgets how illogical they were about a lot of things when they were that age and it's easy for us to expect more from him.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Guy just isn't very intelligent, isn't really debatable if you ask me.

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

West is still a top 25 player imo

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Guy just isn't very intelligent, isn't really debatable if you ask me.

I agree sir

Westbrook is DUMB

Russell Westbrooks father is Moses Sithole

iifold
    Update your status

Young

he's in his fukkin 20's... He is a grown ass man...

Typical fukkin brainwashed responses from you fukks... you have been trained to make excuses for everything/everyone...

It never is what it really is...

He isn't a dumb maniac.... No No .. that would not be politically correct...

he is just "young"..

Go suck a dikk.. guy has an IQ in the fukkin 40's at best..

Id pay per view to see this guy take a fukkin SAT Test

Scorpion
    Update your status

OKC would have won if Bruce had the balls to bench his sorry ass

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

I think the problem with West is that we know how young he is and he has a learning curve but with any learning curve, we expect you to do better.

When people hate on him, people are saying that he plays the same in every game and has not improve much.

The only game I honestly can say that he does show some maturity is in that game 7 against Memphis. He and Durant was locking it all day.

Now, it is either the west or the durant show.

I like West. He makes me money and that is about all I needed to say.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4245

westbrook sucks , D-rose wanna be but fail

BallHog
    BallHog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

You are such a Moron
    It not WestBrooks fault?
    U must be stupid or something! Westbrook is a point guard he is suppose to set his teammates n try to set up the plays. All he does is try to play a one man game and shoot the ball like there no tomorrow ! He has alot of talent but he doesnt know how to use it to help his team. why the hell do u think they won gm2 cus westbrook was on the bench.
    It just fittin that they lost cus Westbrook was playin in the 4th Q. and didnt get the job done down the stretch.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Most of the idiots at sbr have no clue whatsoever. I would really like to know how many of you actually watch the game and know it (Goat Milk, please refrain from responding). Russell Westbrook is a solid player, he's obviously very talented but i'm sick and tired of people getting on this guy's case saying he should pass more. Do any of you people actually watch the game? Half the time, Durant can't even get open to save his life. He's too skinny to separate from the defender and consequently he can't get himself in a good position to score the ball.

Westbrook is a good player but it's not his fault that Durant is taken out of games for periods of time.
    He's not a point guard. Simple as that. He's relied on his athleticism in the past and weaker opposing defensive units to score himself and create for Durant. It's a failure in the OKC offensive system as much as a failure of Westbrook's. The PG needs to have faith in the shooting ability and decision making of the other players on the floor to be effective (no matter what team we're talking about). With the Dallas defense pressing the Thunder perimeter shooters and smothering Durant very effectively, he doesn't have a lot of options. So yeah, he's fighting a losing battle.

That being said, he'd be better off trusting the other players on the floor more. If he was willing to give up the ball with 15+ still on the clock and then move around and use his athleticism to get open and tie up the Mavs defense, he would do more to create space for his teammates to work and would probably get the ball back quite often in a better position for him to score. Instead, he holds on to the ball too long, dribbling around the perimeter and the Mavs are perfectly happy to let him do it because they know he's at his weakest taking jumpshots from distance. So then he either takes a bad shot with the clock winding down or passes it off to Durant, hoping to get bailed out.

It's not entirely his fault, but he could do a lot more to help himself and his team out.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

ill tell you one thing, its not westbrook dont get along with durant, its durant dont get along with westbrook.

durant just wants the shine, l4rn3 4ss.

isles71
    isles71's Avatar Become A Pro!

Westbrook was taken out because of turnovers. One of the better points in the nba but still young and plays out of control.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Westbrook is a kokroach

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    He's not a point guard. Simple as that. He's relied on his athleticism in the past and weaker opposing defensive units to score himself and create for Durant. It's a failure in the OKC offensive system as much as a failure of Westbrook's. The PG needs to have faith in the shooting ability and decision making of the other players on the floor to be effective (no matter what team we're talking about). With the Dallas defense pressing the Thunder perimeter shooters and smothering Durant very effectively, he doesn't have a lot of options. So yeah, he's fighting a losing battle.

That being said, he'd be better off trusting the other players on the floor more. If he was willing to give up the ball with 15+ still on the clock and then move around and use his athleticism to get open and tie up the Mavs defense, he would do more to create space for his teammates to work and would probably get the ball back quite often in a better position for him to score. Instead, he holds on to the ball too long, dribbling around the perimeter and the Mavs are perfectly happy to let him do it because they know he's at his weakest taking jumpshots from distance. So then he either takes a bad shot with the clock winding down or passes it off to Durant, hoping to get bailed out.

It's not entirely his fault, but he could do a lot more to help himself and his team out.
    great post. Sometimes I'm not sure whether it's Westbrook or the coach that deserves the blame. It seemed at the end of the game all they really did was run an isolation for Westbrook, everyone cleared out. Dallas did a good job guarding Durant, but they have to try something else. At least post him up, he's 6'9, you can get him the ball. They won game 2 because Maynor actually ran an offense. I think Brooks knows what needs to be done, but Westbrook likes to do his own thing and tries to take it over by himself. Westbrook should be the facilitator but he just doesn't have it in him, he's not a PG and doesn't look like he ever will be.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post

well said. i also think westbrook made a lot of poor decisions. late in the game when they cut it to 6 with 3min left, he chucks up a contested 3 with 20s left on the shot clock? chucking up bad shots all game because he doesn't move the ball around with 15s left on the clock. you cant hold on to the ball until there's 5s left on shotclock.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Westbrook should look to pass more, his problem is that his natural gifts are a gift and a curse for him right now. He's knows that 90% of the time the guard thats in front of him cant stay in front of him nor can jump with him. Its like a trained attack dog watching poodles walk by while he's tied to a leash, its very hard for him to settle down and run the offense like it should be run when he thinks on every possession he can get to the hole or elevate over his man.
    Last edited by BernardMadoff; 05-22-11 at 04:36 AM.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Westbrook definitely deserves a lot of the blame, but at times I think he becomes the easy scapegoat. When Durant messes up, he rarely gets the blame that he deserves. But in short, Westbrook does deserve the blame, but at times takes on too much blame.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

He can ball but not a player that can win a championship

too selfish as a player

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

Westbrook is a scorer and not a point guard. Bad coaching is forcing him to play out of position when the scoring guard position would be natural for him.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Westbrook almost single-handedly got them back into the game in the 4th so yes, blaming him for losing is misguided.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its just not SBR its the fukkin nation

All media talks about is him

He is a dumb fuk but very talented

I guess with some control and maturity he will be a monster player

This nut was 2nd team all nba already

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

any hate is due to a loss of bet, other than that nobody gives two flips about this guy

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16117

ESPN has started all this westbrook stuff, and everyone follows

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by 3PtShooter View Post
    ESPN has started all this westbrook stuff, and everyone follows
    I hate espn. All they talked about after Game 2 was Westbrook not playing the fourth. Espn is a joke, they barely even discussed the game and they know damn well how much controversy they can create.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i think he's good. i think he's crazy. i think he's crazy bad in 4th quarters.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Westbrook is not that good, definitely not the all-star caliber people think he is. I don't even know what he's really good at. He's not a good passer, he is one of the worst 2 point shooting PG's in the league, terrible 3 point shooter. He gets a rep for being a good finisher at the rim for I don't know what reason because I see him miss shots at the rim all the time. Which PG leads the league in turnovers? Russell Westbrook. Of the top players in the league, Westbrook is one of the least clutch. He shoots 39% in clutch time.

His PPG average is what people see and make them believe he is good but most decent-good NBA players would average 22ppg if they shot the ball 17 times a game and had the ball in their hands as much as he does. Washed up Jamison averaged 18ppg shooting 15 times a game this season.
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 05-22-11 at 10:34 AM.

iifold
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Westbrook is not that good, definitely not the all-star caliber people think he is. I don't even know what he's really good at. He's not a good passer, he is one of the worst 2 point shooting PG's in the league, terrible 3 point shooter. He gets a rep for being a good finisher at the rim for I don't know what reason because I see him miss shots at the rim all the time. Which PG leads the league in turnovers? Russell Westbrook. His PPG average is what people see and make them believe he is good but most decent-good NBA players would average 22ppg+ if they shot the ball 17 times a game and had the ball in their hands as much as he does. Washed up Jamison averaged 18ppg shooting 15 times a game this season.
    You are not lieng!!!

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Westbrook can't be a true starting PG in this league. He would be better off playing a similar role to what Jason Terry plays for the Mavericks.

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Westbrook has had more turnovers than assists every game this series, so some blame is warranted considering he is a Point Guard. In fairness though hes a top 5 PG, so the "hating" on Westbrook is magnified 10x more.

12 Last