ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

How often does a sweating horse that acts up win???

wow what a race, not even sweating after the race is over but looked awful before the race. They almost didn't even get him in

gomiamigo
    Colts NFL ats
    gomiamigo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    wow what a race, not even sweating after the race is over but looked awful before the race. They almost didn't even get him in

Lots of horses sweat when it's 80 degrees plus, in fact most do. It's the ones that are sweating from nervousness in the cool air that almost never win.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

You would probably win.

CreaturE
    Thanks to everyone helping me!!!
    CreaturE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Idk anything about horse racing but I typically like to bet on Mark Belling's picks. He is a horse owner and enthusiast and typically does me very well. This race, however, was just terrible for me lol.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

yes i am exactly the same . I sweat like a pig for like ten minutes and then all of a sudden, everything is cool and i can play tennis or whatever sport all day.

but no, horses usually do not sweat like that, only 2 of the 14 horses were sweating or acting up before the race so fail on that post, kid.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68533

yes i am exactly the same . I sweat like a pig for like ten minutes and then all of a sudden, everything is cool and i can play tennis or whatever sport all day.

but no, horses usually do not sweat like that, only 2 of the 14 horses were sweating or acting up before the race so fail on that post, kid.
    With all the hoopla going on, some horses can get worked up while being saddled. Even when it is out on the turf course in open spaces. Once the horse gets on to the track with his rider and most importantly with a pony, most will settle down quite a bit. They can go down around the turn and the wrong way up the backside. It is ALWAYS breezy over there on the backside at Pimlico.
    Once he is with the pony , away from what was bothering him at the grandstand side, and more to himself, he can compose himself with the help of the rider.

That is what happened.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

How was the long john's last night TT?

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Its natural to sweat in the heat.Its when they get the white foamy stuff around their necks like Sway Away had .

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Its natural to sweat in the heat.Its when they get the white foamy stuff around their necks like Sway Away had .
    The leather and rubber reigns bring that out but you are correct. If it shows up between the horses back legs when they gallop away from you, that is called Kidney sweat. Never a good sign.

foryourhandicap
    foryourhandicap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1381

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Yes. Sway Away was done. What Shackleford had wasn't a concern.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

I view sweating AKA washing out as a negative sign. However some horses do that every time they race. If you know that ahead of time you can still play the horse and get a better price.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 311

Horses that wash out rarely win although some horses break into a sweat every time they run. It's usually a bad sign.

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

who bets on horseracing anymore?

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

glad i didn't have a ticket on shackleford, i would have ran & cancled it out

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

Have seen horses sweat badly and win but it is more often the case that they lose , betting in running here on BetFair it can be advantagious to lay fancied Horses who sweat or play up pre race .

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

What is fascinating, and equally frustrating, about horse race handicapping is that there is NO one angle that always wins (or loses!). It's always a combination of things.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

You never know.Sometimes a horse looks awful in the post parade-sweating etc. & they run great.I'll never play a horse thats sweating crazy & walking sideways;doesn't mean it won't run well however

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dark star View Post
    You never know.Sometimes a horse looks awful in the post parade-sweating etc. & they run great.I'll never play a horse thats sweating crazy & walking sideways;doesn't mean it won't run well however
    That means you would have bet against Seattle Slew every race. Never say never. Instead , learn how the particular horse normally acts and gauge it from race to race.

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

Thought about this thread yesterday as a very pre race sweaty TREASURE BEACH (7/2) wins the Irish Derby , was on him but must confess had my bet not been placed before the preliminarys i deffinitley would have opposed him , first time i can recall a Classic being won by a horse as worked up pre race , anyway all is well that ends well and some Questions just cant ever be answered eh ?

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19187

I usually look at a horse acting up as a sign of life and don't mind it. A horse that doesn't act up but is hard to load in the gate is quite bothersome, as is a horse that's all lathered up.

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20685

of course its a bad sign, ask any trainer to choose and i guarantee he would choose to have his horse not act up pre -race.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Is this related to your big tennis match this Saturday