JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who are you taking??? Alabama vs. Ole Miss

I think Alabama needs to watch out, but at the same time i think Nick Saban calms his team down and has a big win this weekend to continue their great season. What do yall think?

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

I was more worried about it up until Ole Miss beat Florida. I think that game keeps Alabama from overlooking them.

CaneDawg
    CaneDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not playing it

But with a extra week i would lean towards Saban

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    I was more worried about it up until Ole Miss beat Florida. I think that game keeps Alabama from overlooking them.
    Smart... I completely agree

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a Florida fan it pains me but Saban is one of the best coaches in college football and I don't see him allowing this team to get to full of themselves and overlooking Ole. Miss when he realizes his position in the polls and how win margins still matter.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

With TN next week, it would be easy for Bama to overlook the Rebels if not for their win over Florida.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    As a Florida fan it pains me but Saban is one of the best coaches in college football and I don't see him allowing this team to get to full of themselves and overlooking Ole. Miss when he realizes his position in the polls and how win margins still matter.
    and i dont think saban wanted his team overlooking tulane and kentucky either, and look how shit ty his team played in those games

when will ppl learn the simple concept that no coach in the country can control his team overlooking a weaker opponent when his team believes they are the shit

if a team believes they will win easily, there is absolutely nothing the coach can do to change their minds

this is why so many upsets keep happening, and they are growing in number each year

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8365

Rebels very solid team so far this year they've won one, lost one, they lost last hope Bama can break this streak. Rebals 2 Loss's in a row. I think Bama wins ( i hope ) but I wouldn't lay 2 TD's.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Against KY and Tulane, it was Bama's offense that sputtered. The special teams played outstanding against Tulane with Arenas' TD on the punt return and the blocked punt TD. And KY is not the Kentucky team of old. They have a decent team.

hoopster42

Against KY and Tulane, it was Bama's offense that sputtered.
    it doesnt matter what happened. alabama, if they are a top 3 team in the country, needs to BLOW OUT tulane in tuscaloosa, and at least beat kentucky by 14 pts in tuscaloosa

kentucky is decent on defense, but SUCKS on offense

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

throughout a season, all teams will have some ugly wins. But the main thing is they were wins.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8365

A W is a W that is as long as its not in the White House!!!

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

I would rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss any day of the week.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

The Georgia game was the only impressive game 'Bama has won. Clemson and Arkansas are terrible, and they struggled with Kentucky and Tulane. I think 'Bama may end up being overrated by the end of the year. On paper they should win easily, but Houston Nutt is a good coach and Ole Miss won 't be intimidated. I think they keep it close

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Houston Nutt is a wonderful coach. He is always good for an upset or two throughout the year. But you also have to keep in mind that Bama plays about 10 freshman who should only improve as the year goes along thus improving their overall team.

hoopster42

i loathe homers

zboiz makes me hate lsu and root for them to lose

you bama homers who are not objectively noting your teams poor performances against tulane and kentucky are making me hate alabama and root for them to lose

i dont know who i'm gona root for now when bama goes to baton rouge in a few wks

i hate both teams now

i'll guess i'll root for bama lose since theyre undefeated thus far

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Well we all can't be as objective as USC fans.

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    it doesnt matter what happened. alabama, if they are a top 3 team in the country, needs to BLOW OUT tulane in tuscaloosa, and at least beat kentucky by 14 pts in tuscaloosa

Not true, at all. Alabama was favored by 15.5 in that game, and everyone knew that was way to high a spread. That is why soooo maney people made money on that game. This game however they are favored by less, against mississippi, they should be favored by more than they were in that kentucky game. They are not, and Bama is the play

Dbldown11

And by the way, if USC is the best team in the country which you claim then they need to BLOW OUT Oregon St. which they didnt. In fact they got blown out.....So stop acting like you know everything and realize that your opinion is no more valid than any other opinions on this site....

In fact it is often times far less valid

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by Dbldown11 View Post
    Not true, at all. Alabama was favored by 15.5 in that game, and everyone knew that was way to high a spread. That is why soooo maney people made money on that game. This game however they are favored by less, against mississippi, they should be favored by more than they were in that kentucky game. They are not, and Bama is the play

bama should be favored by more over mississippi than kentucky?

ummmmm, kentucky has played a crappy non-conf schedule and beaten lousy teams

miss barely lost at wake forest who is one of the best teams in the acc, and they upset florida in the swamp

but yeah, miss should be a bigger dog than kentucky

nice try, that is a no-knowledge post right there if i've ever seen one

hoopster42

Well we all can't be as objective as USC fans.
    ive said it before and i'll say it again, i am NOT a usc fan, i just call it as i see it

usc is getting back into the nat'l title picture. i said it the night they lost to oregon state, and just look how they have climbed back up EVERY SINGLE FUKKIN POLL

ANYBODY HERE GONA DISPUTE THE FACT THAT USC HAS CLIMBED UP THE POLLS AND INTO THE TOP 5

the voters in each poll AND MYSELF know more about this sport than anyone here, the proof is in the pudding

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

I like chocolate pudding with whipped cream on top.

Dbldown11

no I actually think they are about the same skill wise...you may be right though and mississippi may be a slight amount higher....

However the kentucky game was the week after a huge upset against georgia, and it was a big spot for a let down game, thats why that line was too high.

This line is too low, because they are coming off two weeks of preparation for the game, two weeks in which they've probably been hearing a whole bunch of shit about how bad they played. Thats why this line is too low.

I dont cap games only looking at stats...Thats a real easy way to lose money. In case you were curious that's how they come up with lines, so if your capping games only looking at stats like that youll be a 50/50 sportsbetter, which is not good enough for me.

so sorry it was a knowledge filled post you're just not smart enough to figure it out. Still no response to my second post huh???you must realize i'm right about you

Dbldown11

ive said it before and i'll say it again, i am NOT a usc fan, i just call it as i see it

usc is getting back into the nat'l title picture. i said it the night they lost to oregon state, and just look how they have climbed back up EVERY SINGLE FUKKIN POLL

ANYBODY HERE GONA DISPUTE THE FACT THAT USC HAS CLIMBED UP THE POLLS AND INTO THE TOP 5

the voters in each poll AND MYSELF know more about this sport than anyone here, the proof is in the pudding
    You truely are a moron arent you? You think the pollers know much about college football?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Thats the dumbest thing I've ever read. If theres ever been anything proven year in and year out it is that pollers have almost no knowledge of the game. You are a moron. Post a thread with all your plays for this weekend please. Lets see just how knowledgeable you are about this sport

wal66

I know I just joined but I had no idea when I registerd that I was joining a site that had the most knowledgable football mind in sports posting here. Had I known I would have joined years ago.

It didn't even cost me anything to join either.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

I can tell you guys this!!! Alabama will not cover this number. As a matter of fact if you was smart and you have access to moneylin ebetting than I'll look at Ole Miss with an upset!

I know Alabama wont cover but I have a GREAT feeling that Ole Miss will beat Alabama. You have a young team coming off a bye week can be a bad thing but it can be a good thing!

Dbldown11

........How do you know that Alabama wont cover??? I think you are on crack. Mississippi is a team that lost at home to Vandderbilt. Any team that loses at home to Vanderbilt has nowhere near the talent to come close to beating Alabama. Bama may not cover ur right. But I would not say that they deffinately wont

ZBOIZ

........How do you know that Alabama wont cover??? I think you are on crack. Mississippi is a team that lost at home to Vandderbilt. Any team that loses at home to Vanderbilt has nowhere near the talent to come close to beating Alabama. Bama may not cover ur right. But I would not say that they deffinately wont
    Well I will say it for you..... THEY DEFINETLY WONT!!!!

They are getting overvalued!!! I mean look at it the linemakers opened it at -14 and now it's down to 12!! And thats WITH all the money going on BAMA! NO ONE CAN TELL ME NOTHING ABOUT SABAN!!! I KNOW HIS COACHING PHILOSOPHY WELL ENOUGH! HE COACHED MY TIGERS! AND BAMA WILL NOT GO UNDERFEATED!! AND THEY ARE NOT 12 OR 14 POINT BETTER THAN OLE MISS.

and dont 4get this OLE MISS team beat Florida at Florida!

And another thing anybody can get beat any Saturday in the SEC! YOU MUST NOT BE IN SEC FAN??? BECAUSE ALL SEC FANS NO THAT!

ZBOIZ

By the way guess our 5 star prospect at QB is on ESPN U right now. His highschool game is on TV

Dbldown11

dude, to say that they deffinately wont is ridiculous. Alabama is way better than Florida, Florida kina blows, just like Vanderbilt, just like Auburn, just like South Carolina, just like Mississippi St. just like Mississippi, and for god sakes just like tennessee

ZBOIZ

dude, to say that they deffinately wont is ridiculous. Alabama is way better than Florida, Florida kina blows, just like Vanderbilt, just like Auburn, just like South Carolina, just like Mississippi St. just like Mississippi, and for god sakes just like tennessee
    OK man now I officially know I'm waisting my time talking to you!

And I guess Alabama is GREAT!! With a bunch of Freshmans in key spots? If Alabama suffer one injury in a key spot there done. They have no depth. Anytime freshmans come right in and play that mean YOU HAVE NO DEPTH.

YOU WILL SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT BAMA WILL LOOSE 2 TO 3 GAMES THIS YEAR!

hoopster42

Alabama is way better than Florida
    alabama might be better than florida, perhaps they are equals, but alabama is not "way" better than florida.

florida brought back 16 starters plus the heisman trophy winner tebow from a 9-4 team that had 3 losses by 6 pts or less last season.

they were a top 5 team coming because of it. for bama, the jury is still out on their young defense and seeing jp wilson win another big game. i give them credit for the georgia victory. no other victory was very impressive. clemson is a mess, and bama barely got by some very weak teams

that is a completely ignorant statement which you made, above

Dbldown11

alabama might be better than florida, perhaps they are equals, but alabama is not "way" better than florida.

florida brought back 16 starters plus the heisman trophy winner tebow from a 9-4 team that had 3 losses by 6 pts or less last season.

they were a top 5 team coming because of it. for bama, the jury is still out on their young defense and seeing jp wilson win another big game. i give them credit for the georgia victory. no other victory was very impressive. clemson is a mess, and bama barely got by some very weak teams

that is a completely ignorant statement which you made, above
    You know Hoopster....you may very well be right about that. Bama is not way better than florida now that i acutally use my brain. But I do think they will cover this game. Good call

wal66

I am an SEC fan. I am 42 years old and have always been down with the SEC. I can't say for sure that Alabama will cover or won't cover but I ask you one question. Your confidence in them now covering, are you sure it's not false hope being that you are an LSU fan and an Alabama loss at some point is the only hope you have of getting back to the SEC Championship?

Alabama may not be as good as I think they are but they probably aren't as bad as it sounds like you hope they are either.

I am man enough to look you up after the game and post I was wrong if they don't cover.

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    I am an SEC fan. I am 42 years old and have always been down with the SEC. I can't say for sure that Alabama will cover or won't cover but I ask you one question. Your confidence in them now covering, are you sure it's not false hope being that you are an LSU fan and an Alabama loss at some point is the only hope you have of getting back to the SEC Championship?

Alabama may not be as good as I think they are but they probably aren't as bad as it sounds like you hope they are either.

I am man enough to look you up after the game and post I was wrong if they don't cover.

Actually It's not that I dont like Bama. And It's not that I hope they would loose because they have to come to BATON ROUGE.So it's 50/50. But I'm just telling the truth when it comes to this conference. No one will go underfeated. You are a gator fan so you should know how hard it is to go underfeated in this conference.

I just see Bama loosing 1 or 2 games this year! But there future is very very very bright!

12 Last