lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you found 45k in a house you just brought would you keep it?

I would have sent that money to 5dimes so fast. No way in this economy would I give it back plus his kids didnt even know about it.Looks like this family's conscience was working overtime!!!
    Earlier this week, Salt Lake City man Josh Ferrin and family closed a deal on a new home. When Josh entered the garage, he found a hatch, climbed inside, and pulled out a metal box…which contained A LOT of money!
    Here's what Ferrin had to say about it:
    "I freaked out, locked it [in] my car, and called my wife to tell her she wouldn't believe what I had found."
    After that, he found more boxes filled with money, and in total he discovered $40,000 in boxes and $5,000+ dollars on a table in the hatch.
    More from Ferrin:
    "I'm not perfect, and I wish I could say there was never any doubt in my mind. We knew we had to give it back, but it doesn't mean I didn't think about our car in need of repairs, how we would love to adopt a child and aren't able to do that right now, or fix up our outdated house that we just bought. But the money wasn't ours to keep and I don't believe you get a chance very often to do something radically honest, to do something ridiculously awesome for someone else and that is a lesson I hope to teach to my children."
    Here's what Ferrin had to say about the previous owner Arnold Bangerter, who passed away and left the house to his children:
    "I could imagine him in his workshop. From time to time, he would carefully bundle up $100 with twine, climb up into his attic and put it into a box to save. And he didn't do that for me."
    Sure enough, Josh returned the money to its rightful owners. Here's what Kay Bangerter (one of the rightful owners) had to say about it:
    "He grew up in hard times and people that survived that era didn't have anything when they came out of it unless they saved it themselves. He was a saver, not a spender. [This is] a story that will outlast our generation and probably yours as well."
    And more from Ferrin:
    "I'm a father, and I worry about the future for my kids. I can see him putting that money away for a rainy day and it would have been wrong of me to deny him that thing he worked on for years. I felt like I got to write a chapter in his life, a chapter he wasn't able to finish and see it through to its conclusion."

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

My (lucky son of a bitch) buddy found 29 grand in a ******* bag on the ground next to an ATM machine. Took it and only told myself and someone else. That was like three years ago and nothing ever happened. I WISH.

blinky88
    blinky88's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice 1

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

you gotta at least post the pictures of the story which many have seen and posted about already, taylor. make your posts a bit more entertaining.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Wow, honest guy.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

For a guy that claims to make $250k daily on the stock exchange I am shocked you would keep a measly $45k , get lost Taylor

mr.inpak
    mr.inpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I hope the previous owners gave you a big reward for your honesty

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

im going to hell but i would keep it. makes you think what kind of relationship he has with his kids if he had it there and didnt even tell one of them just in case...

nli07
    nli07's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow. amazing story. honestly, i have no idea what i would have done in that situation.

CreaturE
    Thanks to everyone helping me!!!
    CreaturE's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm broke as a joke. I'd keep the sh1t outta it.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

There's lots of dishonor going on outside my house. Inside my house, there will be honor.

What a great story for your kids.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

dabomguy11
    dabomguy11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

I'd love to say that I'd give it back, but I am not really sure if I'd be able to do it.

Wreckloose
    Wreckloose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17248

I read about this story earlier. I don't know for sure not being in that situation, but I think I would have kept it. Or at least part of it.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Everyone who claims they're "not sure" would've kept the **** out of that money

Thats like saying if a beautiful girl at a bar wanted to have sex would you cheat on your gf, Im not sure, what are you not sure about, well Im not sure how long it would take me to get my pants off and start fuckin her

As for me, yea I woulda kept the money I'll admit it, I mean that's found money, you bought the home you own the contents, if theres buried treasure or some unknown oil field underneath the land are you supposed to give it all to the previous owner? It sounds like the father was an old miser and if he was so worried about his kids having the money why never give it to them and hide it away in the attic where it would never be found without ever telling them or leaving a note or anything, how exactly did he expect them to get it?
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 05-21-11 at 01:32 AM.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

The guy tha found the money is mormon

sorry to bring religion into this but somewhere outside of Utah. Most likely the person that found 45k would kept the money.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by mr.inpak View Post
    I hope the previous owners gave you a big reward for your honesty
    This is one of those cases where if they gave him any less than 10k they are cheap as fuckin hell, they stumbled upon the 1 out of a million guys who would call them up to return the 45k he found, they are the equivalent of lottery winners to have gotten that money back

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

why would you keep it? Karma will **** you the rest of your life, and then you have the threat of the police coming to your door on any given day. Not worth it.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Taylor is a dumb ass.

PLAYA-PLAYA
    PLAYA-PLAYA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Karma is powerful-----but the story of the father----all that he went through----saving this money----the right thing to do was to give it back----the other right thing to do was to share with the dude that found it--------what about the rest of the story?---did the kids do what was right?

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

We don't have time for silliness

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Karma would be....
    My "Lucky day" for finding that Money in my "New House"

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    why would you keep it? Karma will **** you the rest of your life, and then you have the threat of the police coming to your door on any given day. Not worth it.
    Come after you for what? Do you think the ppl knew there was 45k in there and were just too lazy to go get it? They had no fuckin idea

Quote Originally Posted by starfire View Post
    Karma would be....
    My "Lucky day" for finding that Money in my "New House"

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYA-PLAYA View Post
    Karma is powerful-----but the story of the father----all that he went through----saving this money----the right thing to do was to give it back----the other right thing to do was to share with the dude that found it--------what about the rest of the story?---did the kids do what was right?
    The kids stiffed the guy that returned the 45k, wouldnt even pay his cab fare back to his house so he had to walk home while they went for a wild coke party in Vegas, one of em overdosed after snorting 25 lines off a hookers ass

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

stupid mugs )

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

i'd keep it...can do alot of things with 20 grand...

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

He bought the house, whatever the kids left there was his! What a fuc$ing idiot. Karma is not a bitch, cause it ain't real, otherwise the worst people in the world would actually get theirs.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

no doubt id return it

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

read the story on yahoo news wayyyy earlier today.. i would do the same thing.. honor a wish / life long work / plan, etc someone else had and couldn't/didn't complete.. anyone that wouldn't is a truely bad person (and forget religion you fux.. born again, etc.. remember trials of life???) no friend of mine..

Robust

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

What kind of answers do you expect in a gambling forum?

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

yes.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

hard to say what you would do and of course it depends on the circumstances.
    if you bought the house from the kids for $600,000 then it would probably be easier to keep it than if you paid them $100,000 for it.

also depends on how rich/broke you are and how rich/broke you think the kids are.

i think i would do what was best for all parties involved, with a lean toward me and my family. when buying a house you are legally buying everything left in the house, correct? i bought a termite problem that was unknown so just like being unlucky you could also be lucky.

did anyone think the real estate agents "stole" $18,000 in commissions (if it was a 300k house)?

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

No one can verify how much money was in the hatch. For all we know there could've been 100k and he kept 55k and then said I found 45k. I wouldn't be surprised if he skimmed some from the stash and kept some

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Finders, keepers.

scottie2005
    Update your status
    scottie2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30487

It would be tough to give it back, no doubt

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

props to the guy for giving it back to the rightful owners. What a great example for his children.

12 Last