View Poll Results: How much would you have to be paid to fight the current UFC Champion?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd do it for free!

5 16.13%

1 3.23%

0 0%

2 6.45%

1 3.23%

5 16.13%

6 19.35%

2 6.45%

1 3.23%
  • A million

3 9.68%
  • 5 million

1 3.23%
  • 10 million

0 0%
  • 25 million

1 3.23%
  • 50 million

0 0%
  • I wouldn't do it for any amount of money.

3 9.68%
    JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

POLL: How much would you have to be paid to fight the current UFC Champion?

How much would you have to be paid to fight the current UFC Champion in Your Weight Class? The fight would be five 5 minute rounds with UFC rules. There is a catch, if at any point you quit or tap out you don't get paid anything. If the ref stops the fight for any reason you will still get paid. You just can't stop the fight yourself. Any questions?

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I'd do it for $5,000. I'd just pull guard right away and inevitably get submitted within the first minute of the fight. I'd tap as soon as I get caught so no risk of injury.

The plan could backfire though if they choose not to go to the ground with me and force me to stand back up. In that case I'd probably get KO'd real quick.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I guess depends who it is and his style of fighting would have to research. If he is boxing style of fighter might not be that bad, but if he is going to try to submit me then it is pointless.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I'll fukk up GSP for free.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

50 million.

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

1K . So what ? U get knocked out .. Not the end of the world.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    I'd do it for $5,000. I'd just pull guard right away and inevitably get submitted within the first minute of the fight. I'd tap as soon as I get caught so no risk of injury.
    I couldn't fit the "CATCH" in the original question but if you look at my first post you will see that if you Tap you don't get paid anything. So... it's either get KO'd or you get put to sleep or a limb gets broke.
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 05-19-11 at 05:41 PM.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    I guess depends who it is and his style of fighting would have to research. If he is boxing style of fighter might not be that bad, but if he is going to try to submit me then it is pointless.
    What's your weight class? I'll tell you who you'd be fighting.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Is that you Nick Diaz? That is a fight I want to see!

rm18
    Update your status

I weigh 160 about

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    sure you would, tough guy.

JohnGalt2341

I weigh 160 about
    Surely you could make 155lbs in which case you'd be fighting Frankie Edgar. He's got some great hands but not a lot of KO power. This might actually be worse as he might just pummel you for 5 rounds like he did with BJ Penn. Best case scenario, I would try to just give up my back and hope I get put to sleep via Rear Naked Choke.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I'd do it for $100K right now, but if someone actually put the cash in front of me...I'd prob do it for much less. Thankfully for me, I'm just shy of being a Welterweight and would avoid GSP. But, not so sure I want to square up with Frankie Edgar either.

Tough break for those Middleweights. I'd HATE to square up with Anderson Silva

rm18
    Update your status

Maybe 10k , I can try to fight like Shane Mosley since I am not trying to win

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I'd do it for $100K right now, but if someone actually put the cash in front of me...I'd prob do it for much less. Thankfully for me, I'm just shy of being a Welterweight and would avoid GSP. But, not so sure I want to square up with Frankie Edgar either. Tough break for those Middleweights. I'd HATE to square up with Anderson Silva
    I'm 205. I'd have to fight Jon "Bones" Jones. I find this even more terrifying than Anderson. I could probably make 185 if I had some time to train but then I'd likely get put in the Muy Thai clinch by Anderson and kneed to the face until I was completely unrecognizable.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

no tap put...100k (for the medical bills)

rm18
    Update your status

I would not fight that Jones guy he is unreal

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I'm 205. I'd have to fight Jon "Bones" Jones. I find this even more terrifying than Anderson. I could probably make 185 if I had some time to train but then I'd likely get put in the Muy Thai clinch by Anderson and kneed to the face until I was completely unrecognizable.
    Good point. The last UFC fighter on Earth I'd want to fight right how is Bones Jones. That kid is a animal.

I'd much rather get into a boxing ring and try to go 12 rounds.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I would need 5 million....I figure the first million would go towards my rehabilitation once I woke up from the coma that Jones, Silva, or GSP would put me in. Hopefully they would just knock me out clean and not break any of my limbs, or I would need a few dollars more

Extra Innings

It would be utterly stupid to step into the ring with any fighter if your not trained as a fighter.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

I'd probably fight for 50-100K, but I wouldn't be keen on it being on PPV or TV.

I suspect it would be fairly humiliating, particularly since I'd obviously just be in it for the money, so would tap fairly quickly. I once had a bet with a mate about 10 years ago. I told him I'd take him down and submit him. He bet $100 that wouldn't happen. UFC rules. Ref did the 'are you ready' 'lets fight' thing. Guy tapped before we got within 1 metre of each other. I stiffed him.

Part my decision is based on the fact that none of the current champs are particularly vicious.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    I'd probably fight for 50-100K, but I wouldn't be keen on it being on PPV or TV.

I suspect it would be fairly humiliating, particularly since I'd obviously just be in it for the money, so would tap fairly quickly. I once had a bet with a mate about 10 years ago. I told him I'd take him down and submit him. He bet $100 that wouldn't happen. UFC rules. Ref did the 'are you ready' 'lets fight' thing. Guy tapped before we got within 1 metre of each other. I stiffed him.

Part my decision is based on the fact that none of the current champs are particularly vicious.
    The OP's rule was that you didn't have the option to tap out or quit. Still would do it for the same amount

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    The OP's rule was that you didn't have the option to tap out or quit. Still would do it for the same amount
    lol. I only read the poll question

The rules change my stance slightly. I'd be giving up my back pretty quickly and hoping he doesn't take pleasure in punching a stationary defenseless object I'd probably cover the side of my head and leave my neck exposed. Being put to sleep isn't so bad.

Alternatively, I'd literally run away until i got disqualified (if thats possible). If he got close enough i'd be trying to whack him in the balls as hard as possible... anything to get DQ'd.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

enough to pay my mortgage off.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

enough to pay my medical expenses afterwards

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd fight any one of them but Bones for 5K.

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can't tap out? Well that's retarded. How many fights end in a tap out...

No tap out I'd probably try it for medical expenses + $10k.

If it was a legitimate fight and I could tap out I'd do it for $5k.

I'm about 195 lbs, who is my opponent? I can bench 250lbs 5 times and work out 4-5 times a week so I could at least hold my own I think. I would just have to make sure I wrestled rather than boxed/brawled.

bogbat

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I couldn't fit the "CATCH" in the original question but if you look at my first post you will see that if you Tap you don't get paid anything. So... it's either get KO'd or you get put to sleep or a limb gets broke.
    So if you get caught in an arm-bar or something you just have to let your arm break? In that case I'd want at least 1 million

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

No way I'd make it if you couldn't tap out so I wouldn't attempt this. I'd have to fight Velasquez and get destroyed.

bogbat

Quote Originally Posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
    You can't tap out? Well that's retarded. How many fights end in a tap out...

No tap out I'd probably try it for medical expenses + $10k.

If it was a legitimate fight and I could tap out I'd do it for $5k.

I'm about 195 lbs, who is my opponent? I can bench 250lbs 5 times and work out 4-5 times a week so I could at least hold my own I think. I would just have to make sure I wrestled rather than boxed/brawled.

You think you could hold your own just because you workout and can bench 250lbs?

You're delusional! Many mixed martial artists don't even lift weights, and bench pressing is one of the least functional exercises of all.

You would get destroyed, never mind by the champion, anyone with a year or two years of dedicated training experience under their belt would be able to knock you out or put you to sleep. Wake up idiot.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Give me GSP for a 100k.

$10 million bonus if I beat him.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

I find it funny that you think you would be better off with someone trying to remove your head from your shoulders with a punch rather then be choked out. And you realize its UFC so even "boxing style" will at some point include kicks as well right? If not we will let you know about that when you wake up.

James

bogbat

Quote Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
    I find it funny that you think you would be better off with someone trying to remove your head from your shoulders with a punch rather then be choked out. And you realize its UFC so even "boxing style" will at some point include kicks as well right? If not we will let you know about that when you wake up. James
    but who is to say they will just choke you out? You may get your arm or leg torn apart. Or can you imagine if they put a twister on you? You could get your back broken,

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

you should put no tapping out in the title...didnt read that and voted for way less than i actually would require

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    You think you could hold your own just because you workout and can bench 250lbs?

You're delusional! Many mixed martial artists don't even lift weights, and bench pressing is one of the least functional exercises of all.

You would get destroyed, never mind by the champion, anyone with a year or two years of dedicated training experience under their belt would be able to knock you out or put you to sleep. Wake up idiot.
    Do I know you? Do you know me?

Yeah, didn't think so MMA guy.

12 Last