UsUschi
    UsUschi's Avatar Become A Pro!

why do some americans disrespect other cultures ?

Cultural stupidity and arrogance are the fundamental plagues of humanity.
    Cultural arrogance enables a group to dehumanize other groups and cultures. Once they are dehumanized, it’s acceptable to do anything to them. If someone is viewed as less than human, it is just fine to treat them inhumanely.
    As great as America can be at her best, we have no right to cram what has become our amalgamated culture down other nations or to disrespect other cultures.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Roxxyfish, TR88, MadTiger, and acarmelo1

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

'tis a cancer, but we didn't start it ...

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

go wash your dishes in a puddle....

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep you right, only the americans do it

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Americans are definitely the most ignorant of any ethnicity for sure. Do places like France and Italy even have their versions of rednecks/white trash?

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

where are the hookers?

stogies
    unfairly banned
    stogies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

Quote Originally Posted by slatter View Post
    Americans are definitely the most ignorant of any ethnicity for sure. Do places like France and Italy even have their versions of rednecks/white trash?
    not every one can be as culturally refined and perfect as dominique strauss-kahn and sammy the bull gravano.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

here is some recently imported culture from france, viva la france

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I would assume for you to make such a blanket stereotype, you have done your research to come to such a conclusion. I'm also going to assume that you have studied every single ethnic group out there, in order to say that Americans are the worst.

However, your question puzzles me. How could you not know if other countries have "rednecks/white trash"? For you to say that Americans are definitely the most ignorant, you would have to have experience with every single ethnicity out there. And since you have that experience, then you surely should know the answer to your question.

Unless, of course, you are merely speaking out of your ass...

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

The worlds strongest country tends to influence or downright force their opinions on everyone. The colonial movement on the new world. British influence in India....French influence in Polynesia....German conquering during World War II...Russian sat states in the cold war.......

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

and a big fuk you to you , now go catch SMALLPOX

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

When was the last time you saw Americans burning flags of other countries in the news?

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

There are ignorant, close-minded people everywhere. Ever seen the amount of racism directed toward non-white players at many European football matches?

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

No the only have the ability to expect us to save their ass

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Japanese people... Japanese! these guys live in their own little shell and are far by the most racist/ignorant country.

It scares me how under the radar these guys are.

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Throw the Jews down the well!!!

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Quote Originally Posted by UsUschi View Post
    Cultural arrogance enables a group to dehumanize other groups and cultures. Once they are dehumanized, it’s acceptable to do anything to them. If someone is viewed as less than human, it is just fine to treat them inhumanely.
    As great as America can be at her best, we have no right to cram what has become our amalgamated culture down other nations or to disrespect other cultures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
    Kids who cannot handle pot
    should not post...

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

open a history book, show me another country as diverse as America.

Read up on Europe and Asia if you want to learn something about disrespecting others cultures.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We like all people
    Learn to love

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Give me a break. ALL countries dislike others. This isn't come phenomenon that's only exclusive to the United States. There have been wars going on for thousands of years over the same shit you're accusing American's of doing/being.

The United States is unlike anywhere in the world in terms of race, ethnicity, and socio-demographics.

Now...go wash your dishes in a puddle, or ride a camel, or care for your bad teeth, or root for soccer, or ride kangaroos, or eat some rice, or steal a car, or promote communism...

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Now of course many American's are not very sympathetic to other cultures, the rest of the world is just as bad. Using terms like "Redneck" and "white-trash" is being ignorant and disgracefully dehumanizing in its own.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Are you Dalton Roberts?
    If not, give the original author credit for your plagiarized ideas jerk off.

Sincerely,
    An American

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/...eentertainment

Here is the complete article

I saw a framed print the other day that read, “The world in which you were born is just one model of reality. Other cultures are not failed attempts at being you. They are unique manifestations of the human spirit.”

Cultural stupidity and arrogance are the fundamental plagues of humanity. Nazi arrogance needed a minority to look down on, and they selected Jews. Nazi culture was deemed to be the salvation of the world, and if they had gained the power, it would have been driven down the throats of every nation and culture on the planet. Can you think of a more sterile and inhumane world?

My father was on a genealogical kick the last few years of his life. The best I can figure my ancestry was Scotch, Irish and Cherokee. I am told that the Irish were met with a lot of disfavor when they started coming to America in large numbers. They eventually were accepted. What a loss it would have been in my family to not have the Irish gaiety of my maternal grandmother.

At one point in our national history, Indians of all tribes were not accepted. They were considered enemies by early European settlers. When famed Civil War Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman was fighting Indians, he was so against them that he instructed his troops to kill all the women and children when they raided Indian villages. Such an attitude today would be strongly opposed. Much of the best of my family’s culture came from my mother’s Cherokee grandfather.

Personally, I do not like the king/queen kind of cultural hierarchy, but if England and other nations choose it, why assume they are experiencing a failed attempt at being us?

There has probably never been a culture in the history of the human race that did not develop some uncommon artistic and sociological strengths and beauties. Just because those strengths and beauties differ from the strengths and beauties of our culture, why reject them? Wouldn’t we all be gloriously served by honoring all the strengths and beauties of all cultures?

One reason people travel is to see the magnificence of other cultures. While we cannot all travel to distant lands, we can all travel one mental step forward to an affirmation of our willingness to see the good in all people and places.

Nothing would save more lives. Nothing would seed more progress. Nothing would make life more deeply rewarding. Nothing would do more to make humankind a kaleidoscope of breathtaking color and soul-elevating grandeur.

It’s such a simple thing. Why do we make it so hard? Cultural arrogance is intransigent only because we have not seen it is a correctible mindset. Maybe it would help us to realize human survival is at stake.

How much more ennobling to do it for beauty’s sake.

E-mail Dalton Roberts at DownhomeP@aol.com.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    When was the last time you saw Americans burning flags of other countries in the news?
    i thought they take it up a notch and burn religious novels

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by UsUschi View Post
    What exactly are you referring to? America's culture is diverse. Some Americans? There's like 300 million Americans, of course there are going to be stupid ones. Same goes for every other country.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I have a feeling if we cut off the tens of billions in aid every year the world would take a fat sh+t

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    i thought they take it up a notch and burn religious novels
    Only fictitious ones.