BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bud freakin Norris +160

Bud Norris is 5-1 1.97 era 41 K's/45.2 inn vs Cards in his 7 career starts. Stros are 11-5 L16 vs StL. Stros are 6-1 L7 @ StL. Stros are 6-1 L7 Norris starts vs StL, and 4-0 L4 Norris starts @ StL.

we did actually get to him in the last game (but that was in hou) just worked a lot of pitch counts and got him out early (still lost thanks to defense and our pen), another plus is stl cant field a baseball to save their lives and it is costing them games (damn near cost them last night again).

Loshe has been much better than i expected (guess he really was hurt last season) but the guy is still a avg major league pitcher, hou offense nothing special but Pence and Lee have pretty good numbers off of him, all hou has to do is scrape a few runs across and let Bud continue to look like cy young against the cards.

not thrilled about going against my team with the lowly stros but Norris has owned us since day 1, with numbers like the ones above i feel like its a play that has to be made at +160.

GL everyone
    Points Awarded:

bobbyfk gave BigDan 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

keenecharger21
    keenecharger21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

He pitched a good game last start but the bullpen couldn't do there job so he didn't get the win pretty good pitcher going to get more then six k"s

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

nice writeup

i like the pick as well

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

after yesterday the ASStros are on my "don't bet list" from here on out

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Love those stats BOL hope you hit

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    If you use this theory, then by June you will no teams to bet on. Over 162 games, every team will have horrible letdowns!

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    If you use this theory, then by June you will no teams to bet on. Over 162 games, every team will have horrible letdowns!
    horrible letdowns i can understand. but not all teams do what the asstros seemingly do every other day. can't bunt people over, can't get a sac fly, can't close out a game, etc. etc. i know other teams have bad luck but not all the time like the stros.

the only other team so far on my list is minnesota

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

This just got steamed the other way!!

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

I like the play. People don't realize just how good Norris is.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonal_98 View Post
    again its not a question of how good some of the starting pitchers are. its a question of run support and the bullpen holding a lead. of those 2 i see neither coming from this houston team

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

nice write up!

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

astros havnt played this bad in years though. I think cardinals win this game easy.

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

i just cant put my money on that astro lineup.... i like the write up though

szk1983
    szk1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

i like the play. good luck with it!

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

On it but treading lightly. It's a good number for a pitcher who has the teams number. The lastros seemed to know how to give games away. Good luck guys

Deggs
    Deggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

cardinals will throw bud off the field.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

FYI Rasmus is out.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    FYI Rasmus is out.

yea he got some kind of stomach thing, they not really saying if it a injury or a illness, he said he could play but Jay is on fire so i guess they decided to error on the side of caution.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonal_98 View Post

ive known it for years, he was beating us before he could beat anyone else.

steelyballs52
    steelyballs52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

like the play! BOL

donkdown

This stinks of value!! Check out my thread on what I think of value. Although I do love Chuck Norris as i like to call him. There is One thing that bothers me when the public backs this guy as they r with this value number LOL.. he always falls on his face and doesn't make it out of the 5th inning!! Good Luck all!! I have no play on this game go cubs!!

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post

totally understand, hell im not thrilled with the idea but to get this kind of + money on a pitcher that has historically owned the cards is just not something i can pass up, regardless of how poorly stros are playing.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by donkdown View Post
    This stinks of value!! Check out my thread on what I think of value. Although I do love Chuck Norris as i like to call him. There is One thing that bothers me when the public backs this guy as they r with this value number LOL.. he always falls on his face and doesn't make it out of the 5th inning!! Good Luck all!! I have no play on this game go cubs!!

to be honest the way the V word is used around here makes me sick, but hey it is what it is, and what i see is a guy that owns my team catching a nice price (much like every other time he has beaten us)..

not sure where you see the "public" backing the stros , i mean i guess im public but i back Bud every time he plays stl since last season and it always seems to work out.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Great writeup. Good luck on your play!

ps. great value on the RRL +278, i played it for .5u

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Great writeup. Good luck on your play!

ps. great value on the RRL +278, i played it for .5u

no doubt, except i worry hou isnt gonna be putting up many runs either, that and my guy wont let me do RRL (prick)

dont think Salas will be available tonight either after getting a save and a win the last few days, so even if cards manage a lead my guess is Boggs will be in for the 9th and he hasnt been right since they yanked him out of the closer roll after one blown save.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I have the stros tt over 3

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Bud Norris is the worst name in sports.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I have the stros tt over 3

if that hits i feel really good about hou +160. not only does Bud own us our offense has went a little stale since Freeze has been out of the lineup, at 1st we didnt miss a beat but Albert hasnt hit a hr in like a month and Holliday has cooled considerably the last week or so.

donkdown

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    [/b]

no doubt, except i worry hou isnt gonna be putting up many runs either, that and my guy wont let me do RRL (prick)

dont think Salas will be available tonight either after getting a save and a win the last few days, so even if cards manage a lead my guess is Boggs will be in for the 9th and he hasnt been right since they yanked him out of the closer roll after one blown save.
    dan I hope u win man!! I know Chuck owns these guys like a texas ranger owns a gun. I just cant back a team that finds any and everyway to lose!! Can we get Justin 7 or John in here to tell us who the books really need!! 62% on Cards according to sports options!! How many ppl read cbssportsline and said he owns this team and bet chuck??

tickingclock1
    tickingclock1's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice writeup... odd that it steamed the other way

donkdown

OverallW/LTW/TLIPHWHIPERAAFAAO/UBud Norris (R)
    Kyle Lohse (R)2-2
    4-24-4
    4-450.0
    3.54-4
    4-4
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-07-14 at 09:38 AM.

donkdown

Quote Originally Posted by tickingclock1 View Post
    It opened at 190 at pinnacle got bet down quick. Then steamed up at 3 est then kept climbing. I think ppl like fishhead have something to do with that!!

BigDan

dan I hope u win man!! I know Chuck owns these guys like a texas ranger owns a gun. I just cant back a team that finds any and everyway to lose!! Can we get Justin 7 or John in here to tell us who the books really need!! 62% on Cards according to sports options!! How many ppl read cbssportsline and said he owns this team and bet chuck??

that is a good question, actually never even thought about it cause this the 1st year that Bud has posted respectable numbers against teams not named the Cardinals. that the one other thing that worries me is that now that he isnt just some no name maybe stl figures him out, its the no names that seem to shut us down.

it might win, it might lose, do know my team likes to play down to these bums in general, Albert is really struggling(even though he has been getting some hits it seems every time he is up with runners on you could live bet double play and make a fortune). and like i said our offense has gotten a little stale as of late with all the mixing and matching Larussa doing with Freeze out, Holliday has dropped 40 points or so off his avg the last 2 weeks, the back end of the pen is getting figured out i believe but dont think Salas is available 2nite (just a guess), and last but not least we are freaking terrible defensively, i watched my nephew play tee-ball the other day and it wasnt much different than watching stl kick the ball around. Yadi isnt even throwing runners out like his usual self so if hou comes in and plays aggressive ball we will gift wrap them a run or 2 and that could be enough.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by tickingclock1 View Post

doesnt really faze me as it dropped quick at open because id guess ppl like me and/or ppl looking for middles would have jumped on the open as it was pretty high just based off the history here. then of coarse today every jerkoff in the world saw cards just take 2 from philly and the lowly stros come to town and they all got down on the redbirds driving the line back up.

my best guess anyways, i use line moves as a tool but i rarely let it take me off a play.

BigDan

It opened at 190 at pinnacle got bet down quick. Then steamed up at 3 est then kept climbing. I think ppl like fishhead have something to do with that!!

lol, beat me to it.

12 Last