Roscoe2330
    Roscoe2330's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Labby for MLB Dog plays only

I've been playing MLB dogs and been having a decent amount of success thus far. I am really trying to focus on money management as that has been my biggest downfall in years past. As such, I am trying to apply a Labby line but have some questions and am looming for any guidance / help / suggestions / etc that anyone can provide (and hopefully help some others along the way).

As I mentioned, I am playing only MLB underdogs and wagers are all "to risk" amounts. I have been playing 2-6 games per day and for my amount, take the last two numbers, add them together, and play that amount for each game. I'm a bit unsure how to cross off numbers and how to add them to the end because the plays are all +$$$ plays. Beacuse I am playing multiple dogs, I am basically trying to adjust the line based on the net performance each day.

So say I end a day 3-2 but up 5.5 units. I am playing a line of 10 1's (1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1) would cross off 6 of them but add 0.5 at the end. And if I lose, because I am playing multiple games, I would divide up a days total loss and add it to the end not as one number but separate units as well.

Sorry if this is confusing - as you can tell, I'm searching for the best approach and any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

The best approach involves not using any dumb ass progressive "money management" system.

If you don't know your edge bet to win 2% of bankroll until you do, then bet a Kelly fraction.

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

In the words of that great song by Woody, "Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly...."

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Love that song.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by That Foreign Guy View Post
    If you don't know your edge bet to win 2% of bankroll until you do, then bet a Kelly fraction.
    Can we just sticky this in a locked thread called 'Read before creating a thread about money management'?
    Last edited by jgilmartin; 05-17-11 at 01:02 PM. Reason: forgot word

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

But then I'd have to venture elsewhere to engage in my hobby of trying to find ways to insult people and be helpful simultaneously.