MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why do people clap for Jarheads?

Do you think they joined to protect you and serve the country?

They joined because they barely got their high school diploma, and know their only option is the military or some shitty job working construction or on a farm.

or

They joined because they come from a rough area where you're only option is military or a life of welfare/drug drug dealing.

I'll tell you what, there aren't many good students that got into a 4 year university that chose to, "fight for our freedom" instead of going to school.

If you're a jarhead in uniform at a sporting event, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a standing ovation. Like these guys had a choice or something

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    Do you think they joined to protect you and serve the country?

They joined because they barely got their high school diploma, and know their only option is the military or some shitty job working construction or on a farm.

or

They joined because they come from a rough area where you're only option is military or a life of welfare/drug drug dealing.

I'll tell you what, there aren't many good students that got into a 4 year university that chose to, "fight for our freedom" instead of going to school.

If you're a jarhead in uniform at a sporting event, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a standing ovation. Like these guys had a choice or something
    Rather than get into a long drawn out comment....you're full of crap.....you have no idea

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I liked your guacamole advice but I can't back hating on anyone who is willing to serve. Regardless of the reason. We are lucky to be free in this country, and I have no problem saluting those who make it possible.

I suppose if you are offended by ovations you could always leave.

MendozaLine

Well lets see here. I have 2 cousins currently serving in the middle east, a few friends that are marines, and I live in a city that is infested with jarheads. I know what i'm talking about

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Why don't we deport the millions of illegal Hispanics from this country and keep respecting those who serve.

MendozaLine

Cougar, I cant either. God bless those that are willing to serve. Im just saying, the majority of the marines in our country didn't join to serve you or me. They joined to get a fukin paycheck
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    I liked your guacamole advice but I can't back hating on anyone who is willing to serve. Regardless of the reason. We are lucky to be free in this country, and I have no problem saluting those who make it possible.

I suppose if you are offended by ovations you could always leave.

MendozaLine

So respect private Gonzalez, but deport his dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Why don't we deport the millions of illegal Hispanics from this country and keep respecting those who serve.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is why you stupid coksuker!

Their slogan means what it says! Not everyone can be a Marine, & you definitely cant

Semper Fi
    Attached Images  

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    I liked your guacamole advice but I can't back hating on anyone who is willing to serve. Regardless of the reason. We are lucky to be free in this country, and I have no problem saluting those who make it possible. I suppose if you are offended by ovations you could always leave.
    Doing things "in the name of freedom" and "for the troops" have decreased our freedom in a major way over the past decade. The Patriot Act is probably the most obvious example, among others.

And no, we're not free.

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    without illegals we wouldnt have a goddamn military

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Doing things "in the name of freedom" and "for the troops" have decreased our freedom in a major way over the past decade. The Patriot Act is probably the most obvious example, among others.

And no, we're not free.
    maybe were not free, but you can go somewhere else & try it if you wish, see how freedom is elsewhere. Come back in 20 years & give us a fukin report

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    maybe were not free, but you can go somewhere else & try it if you wish, see how freedom is elsewhere. Come back in 20 years & give us a fukin report
    Interesting. Apparently criticizing the government or military is grounds for getting kicked out of the country.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Cougar, I cant either. God bless those that are willing to serve. Im just saying, the majority of the marines in our country didn't join to serve you or me. They joined to get a fukin paycheck

Why do people apply for/have jobs?
    SO THEY CAN GET A F****** PAYCHECK

THE PROFIT

No one does anything without getting paid people!!! But they do a lot more & get paid a lot less than you or I will ever do.

There is no more honorable thing than serving this country

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

No one does anything without getting paid people!!! But they do a lot more & get paid a lot less than you or I will ever do. There is no more honorable thing than serving this country

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is why you stupid coksuker! Their slogan means what it says! Not everyone can be a Marine, & you definitely cant Semper Fi
    profit u a marine?

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Most people in the army are fukking morons. Watch the movie Casualties of War and you know what I mean.

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    profit u a marine?
    no, never served

MendozaLine

The majority of the military joined because money is/was an issue for them. My point is, why do you immediately assume this little jarhead walking by joined because he wanted to serve you?
    No one does anything without getting paid people!!! But they do a lot more & get paid a lot less than you or I will ever do.

There is no more honorable thing than serving this country

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

this is why you stupid coksuker!

Their slogan means what it says! Not everyone can be a Marine, & you definitely cant

Semper Fi
    Yeah and that picture, nearly 70 years ago, was the LAST time any American soldier was actually protecting America. Since then they have been the aggressors of our government attacking and invading other countries who have neither threatened nor attacked us.

MendozaLine

How many marines do you think there would be if it was strictly voluntary with no compensation?

THE PROFIT

How many marines do you think there would be if it was strictly voluntary with no compensation?
    the same amount of food lion cashiers, local cops, AT&T operators, or IBM executives, or fireman! not a goddamn one

last time I checked we have to have money to eat

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

ur making a wrong argument

i think he means why they get all this fanfare for doing there job

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

The majority of the military joined because money is/was an issue for them. My point is, why do you immediately assume this little jarhead walking by joined because he wanted to serve you?
    Mendoza, In my mind I joined the marines when I was 8.... The money was just another benefit.

MendozaLine

Thank you for proving my point. They join to earn a paycheck like everyone else. They don't join out of the goodness of their heart to protect you or me. So therefore, they don't deserve a fukin standing ovation. Period.

the same amount of food lion cashiers, local cops, AT&T operators, or IBM executives, or fireman! not a goddamn one

last time I checked we have to have money to eat

MendozaLine

Mayan, good for you. You're one of the few. I live in a military town, I interact with them, and I know them. Most of them joined because they needed a job.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

well there job does have one key difference then being a farmhand, mcd's employee, etc: they face the danger of getting a bullet to the head. our recent escapades in the middle east should (maybe it hasn't) enlighten potential recruits to the fact that no division is safe from deployment.

i suppose the least we could do for them is offer some tax breaks, a place to board, and a salary equivalent to someone who flips burgers for a living.

i would actually argue the opposite side, that marine X doesn't give a shit about slack jawed joe giving him a round of applause for doing his job, its almost a little added perk (respect and admiration from the general public).

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Thank you for proving my point. They join to earn a paycheck like everyone else. They don't join out of the goodness of their heart to protect you or me. So therefore, they don't deserve a fukin standing ovation. Period.

who gives a shit tho, most likely if shit goes down..who do you think is risking their life first..you or them? regardless why they join or when, they are still in a position where their life can be in danger in the next hour while you're at home enjoying your beer and watching an mlb game.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Mayan, good for you. You're one of the few. I live in a military town, I interact with them, and I know them. Most of them joined because they needed a job.
    Those are a few, most of us joined because we love this country.

We could get a 15 dollar job, instead of getting shot at.

I think you spoke to the wrong muthafukkas.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post

And no, we're not free.
    you are free...

you are free to leave if you don't like it.

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

I think about 25% joined because they wanted to, meaning they wanted to kill people, protect and serve, family history of the military, etc. The other 75% is just like you said. Losers who think they'll be respected because they served, people who barely (if at all) graduated high school, and people who had nothing left to their name so it was one of their limited options.

I'm glad we have a great military, but I think you are kidding yourself if you think by serving it is for a just cause. Right now our military is severely mismanaged, and is mostly there to protect the interests and put more money in a select few people's pockets.

THE PROFIT

but how many times in mine or your 9-5 do we put our lives on the line for our country's interests??? NONE! So thats why they get some fanfare

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

I love all the muthafukkas that think they know shit.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

at the end of the day, who cares what reason a person joins the armed forces for.

i mean, even the military ranks duty/honor to your country as the 3-4th reason to actually join.

they constantly advertise how joining whatever branch will pay for college through ROTC or the GI bill, service is a resume/career builder, and its a ticket for a free place to live and 3 meals a day on your plate.

its all about incentives, duty to your country just doesn't cut it for some. but thats ok, so long as they execute their job well.

12 Last