ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

College Football Leans!!! October 18th

Last week I went 3-3 and thats unacceptable in my eyes!! I will be determined to come close to perfection this week!

GOOD LUCK GUYS ON YOUR PLAYS!!!

COLLEGE FOOTBALL LEANS:
    TCU +1.5
    Memphis +9.5
    Wisconsin +4.5
    Kansas +18
    Nebraska -5.5
    Mississippi State +8.5
    Ole Miss +13.5( Could be a VERY HUGE PLAY, Ole Miss COULD win S/U)
    Vanderbilt +15.5
    Utah -23
    USC -42
    Missouri +7
    Michigan +24
    LSU -3.5
    Indiana +17(Way to big of a spread)
    Kansas +20

I will do heavy work on these games and the winners will be up Friday at 7 P.M
    Last edited by ZBOIZ; 10-15-08 at 09:07 PM. Reason: added Indiana +17, Kansas +20

ZBOIZ

LSU VS. SOUTH CAROLINA
    Today I listened to coach Les Miles interview, and he was a very calm man. He talked about his defense and how he was very disapointed in them because he know there potential but they did'nt prove it in the national spot light. He mentioned today he made his team get up at 5 A.M to watch the whole Florida film, and they were motivated as a team to ask the coaches what can we do to make this not happen again. Early this morning the team wanted to start preparing early for South Carolina as they took this lost to Florida as a EYE OPENER that everyone is coming after you because you are the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! This weekend expect to see this LSU football team to play TIGER FOOTBALL!! Take the -3.5!!

ZBOIZ

Ole Miss vs. Alabama
    I personally been waiting on this game for 5 weeks now! People is so easy to crown a national champion in week 5 and so on but GUESS WHAT THIS IS THE SEC!! No one will go underfeated BELIEVE THAT!!! Alabama is way overvalued in this game and if you was a smart man you would take the +13.5! MAN THIS IS THE SEC NO ONE SHOULD BE FAV. BY 13.5!!! Like I said last week to take Arkansas and the week before to take Kentucky +17 against Bama ! Please take Ole Miss +13.5 Over Bama! As a matter of fact if you was a wise man that would invest in REAL VALUE and know the SEC like I do you would take the moneyline also if your book provides that!'
    I say Ole Miss will win this game! This will be your next upset this week! Remember no one will go underfeated in the SEC ask VANDY, FLORIDA, LSU, AND GEORGIA!! BAMA WILL GET THERE'S ALSO!!!! Take Ole Miss +13.5!!! WAY TO MANY POINTS!!

ZBOIZ

My HUGE PLAYS ARE FINAL!!!!

LSU -3.5
    Ole Miss +13.5

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

ZBOIZ all due respect, I think you should stay away from LSU games this year. You are clearly way too biased towards your favorite team.

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    ZBOIZ all due respect, I think you should stay away from LSU games this year. You are clearly way too biased towards your favorite team.
    I know my team and I know what they are capable of

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

lsu giving pts on the road to a good defense is suicide, lsu's offense is too inconsistent

they beat a crappy auburn team barely, only a 10 pt win at hm to miss state who is just 2-4, and just got their ass kicked by the only good team they have played this season

like i said 3 wks ago, lsu is very overrated, they will continue to plummet as i think they'll lose at least 2 more games,

@ s. carolina, v. georgia, v. alabama

i think they lose 2 of those, maybe even 3, but i'll call it 2 losses if forced to pick

hoopster42

they lost too many impact players from last years 2 loss team which back-doored their way into the bcs game thanks to wva's loss to pitt on the last day of the season

anyhow, their qb's both have some serious issues with consistent passing

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    they lost too many impact players from last years 2 loss team which back-doored their way into the bcs game thanks to wva's loss to pitt on the last day of the season

anyhow, their qb's both have some serious issues with consistent passing
    uh huh..but like I say LSU -3.5 is a good play!

After an embarrasing loss they will bounce back this weekend!

If you dont believe just wait tell Saturday

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    I know my team and I know what they are capable of
    Yes, you do. What you don't seem to know are their weaknesses. Or their opponents strengths.

They are an excellent team and can beat anyone in the country on any given day. But you seem unwilling or unable to process the fact that they are not a best bet every week.

You haven't picked against them once. All of your media reports are always positive.

I had them circled, I loved LSU -3.5. But then I looked closer and reminded myself they hadn't played anyone (Auburn win looks even worse now) until Florida and Florida destroyed them and made them look awful. Their passing defense hasn't been flawless and South Carolina can throw the ball a lot better then most of LSU's opponents. Plus its in USC, and LSU still hasn't proven they can win a tough game on the road this year. Also, USC's defense has been pretty damn good this year and they will be amped up big for this game too. So I considered it a no play.

I don't doubt that you know LSU a hell of a lot better then I do. But I am willing to look at their weaknesses, the fact that they are unproven, and their opponents strength's before declaring them a best bet on MONDAY, 5 days before the game is even played.

hoopster42

i said 3 wks ago that auburn and lsu were both in for major falls, you can look it up using the search feature here at the fine sbr forum

since my statement about aub and lsu, aub has lost 2 gms and lsu 1. aub lost to freaking arkie at home for crying out loud, lsu got destroyed by 30 at florida and the game was probably worse than a 30 pt drubbing. florida looked sluggish the past few wks then were awakened by the overrated lsu team coming to town, lsu got florida confident again

aub and lsu = overrated, just like i said 3 wks ago

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    Yes, you do. What you don't seem to know are their weaknesses. Or their opponents strengths.

They are an excellent team and can beat anyone in the country on any given day. But you seem unwilling or unable to process the fact that they are not a best bet every week.

You haven't picked against them once. All of your media reports are always positive.

I had them circled, I loved LSU -3.5. But then I looked closer and reminded myself they hadn't played anyone (Auburn win looks even worse now) until Florida and Florida destroyed them and made them look awful. Their passing defense hasn't been flawless and South Carolina can throw the ball a lot better then most of LSU's opponents. Plus its in USC, and LSU still hasn't proven they can win a tough game on the road this year. Also, USC's defense has been pretty damn good this year and they will be amped up big for this game too. So I considered it a no play.

I don't doubt that you know LSU a hell of a lot better then I do. But I am willing to look at their weaknesses, the fact that they are unproven, and their opponents strength's before declaring them a best bet on MONDAY, 5 days before the game is even played.

I understand what you saying but expect to see a much better defense Saturday after being embarrased last Saturday! To be honest LSU match up real good to South Carolina! To be honest there's a lot of mismatches

ZBOIZ

i said 3 wks ago that auburn and lsu were both in for major falls, you can look it up using the search feature here at the fine sbr forum

since my statement about aub and lsu, aub has lost 2 gms and lsu 1. aub lost to freaking arkie at home for crying out loud, lsu got destroyed by 30 at florida and the game was probably worse than a 30 pt drubbing. florida looked sluggish the past few wks then were awakened by the overrated lsu team coming to town, lsu got florida confident again

aub and lsu = overrated, just like i said 3 wks ago
    Well it's to early to be saying what teams will do. But I CAN tell you LSU will not loose more than 2 games!

Actually I'm willing to bet you!!

hoopster42

Well it's to early to be saying what teams will do. But I CAN tell you LSU will not loose more than 2 games!

Actually I'm willing to bet you!!
    here we go again, just like brock landers. he doesn't like my opinion that penn st will lose a game in the reg season so he wants to bet

yeah, like i'm gona bet a complete stranger on the internet, come on now, who does that shit? if you think lsu is so good, keep betting them, and do so blindly

if you dont think they have a real good chance to lose at s. carolina, v georgia and v alabama, then you've got purple and yellow blinders on

ZBOIZ

here we go again, just like brock landers. he doesn't like my opinion that penn st will lose a game in the reg season so he wants to bet

yeah, like i'm gona bet a complete stranger on the internet, come on now, who does that shit? if you think lsu is so good, keep betting them, and do so blindly

if you dont think they have a real good chance to lose at s. carolina, v georgia and v alabama, then you've got purple and yellow blinders on
    Like I say LSU will not loose more than 2 games this year!

They have Georgia and Alabama at home and it will be VERY VERY hard for those teams to come to Baton Rouge and win!!

hoopster42

hatch sucks and lee is inconsistent, whats the use of having great receivers if your qb cannot get the ball to them consistently

your team just suffered a fukkin BEATDOWN at the swamp, and you are still confident in them?

insane

hoopster42

will it be as tough for georgia and alabama as it was for arkansas last season?

haha, betcha dont care for that dose of reality

we'll talk again the night of nov 8th, dude

by then, lsu will have played at s. caro, v. georgia, and v. bama

we'll see just how 'good' they really are

2 more losses comin dude, maybe more

ZBOIZ

hatch sucks and lee is inconsistent, whats the use of having great receivers if your qb cannot get the ball to them consistently

your team just suffered a fukkin BEATDOWN at the swamp, and you are still confident in them?

insane
    Yes they suffered a beat down but that does'nt change the fact that there a great team!!

Georgia lost to Alabama, Florida Lost to Ole Miss, Ole Miss lost to Vandy, Miss. St. beat Vandy....so whats your point????

The matter is to dust it off and bring it next week!!!

ZBOIZ

will it be as tough for georgia and alabama as it was for arkansas last season?

haha, betcha dont care for that dose of reality

we'll talk again the night of nov 8th, dude

by then, lsu will have played at s. caro, v. georgia, and v. bama

we'll see just how 'good' they really are

2 more losses comin dude, maybe more
    Actually I dont mind that reality we won the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

AND WE LOST TO FELIX JONES AND MCFADDEN

BUT WHO DID USC LOOSE TO ???? OH YEA STANFORD!! A 42 POINT DOG!!! AND WHO WERE THERE PLAYERS???

hoopster42

3 of the 4 games you mentioned were tightly contested games, you know this

only bama over georgia was a beatdown, and at least georgia showed some fight and some heart in coming back in the 2nd half

to the contrary, your team got BITCH SLAPPED in a nat'ly televised game on CBS

absolute BEAT DOWN in the swamp by a florida team that has looked sluggish in several games this season

ZBOIZ

2 National Championships In 5 Years I Cant Complain!!

ZBOIZ

3 of the 4 games you mentioned were tightly contested games, you know this

only bama over georgia was a beatdown, and at least georgia showed some fight and some heart in coming back in the 2nd half

to the contrary, your team got BITCH SLAPPED in a nat'ly televised game on CBS

absolute BEAT DOWN in the swamp by a florida team that has looked sluggish in several games this season
    UH HUH!!!

IT DONT MATTER !!! WE STILL HAVE MORE BCS TITLES THAN USC!!!

ZBOIZ

LSU will be fine!!

hoopster42

Actually I dont mind that reality we won the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

AND WE LOST TO FELIX JONES AND MCFADDEN

BUT WHO DID USC LOOSE TO ???? OH YEA STANFORD!! A 42 POINT DOG!!! AND WHO WERE THERE PLAYERS???
    USC has 2 natl title trophies from this decade in the athletic dept and a runner up, an absolute football factory with 3rd most natl titles all time behind only notre dame and alabama

if i were you, i wouldnt be bragging about being the most controversial bcs team, not once, but twice, in 2003, ppl said you shouldnt be there

in 2007 EVERYONE said you shouldnt be there, you only went because wva gave a game to pitt as 28 pt dogs

backed your way in and beat a shitty ohio state team

GO SOUTH CAROLINA!!!!!

hoopster42

anyone, anywhere, any time, i will debate in college football and bring the fukkin truth no matter how much it hurts

ZBOIZ

USC has 2 natl title trophies from this decade in the athletic dept and a runner up, an absolute football factory with 3rd most natl titles all time behind only notre dame and alabama

if i were you, i wouldnt be bragging about being the most controversial bcs team, not once, but twice, in 2003, ppl said you shouldnt be there

in 2007 EVERYONE said you shouldnt be there, you only went because wva gave a game to pitt as 28 pt dogs

backed your way in and beat a shitty ohio state team

GO SOUTH CAROLINA!!!!!
    But you know what???? We won!! Thats all that matter!

And you know what??? We never coughed a championship!!!

TEXAS!!!!! FUK USC!!! MEDIA HYPED BITCHEZ!!

OREGON STATE AND STANFORD OWN YALL

ZBOIZ

anyone, anywhere, any time, i will debate in college football and bring the fukkin truth no matter how much it hurts
    The truth is ....USC IS GARBAGE!!

THEY HAVE A VERY WEAK SCHEDULE AND THEY ARE THE BEST ALL TIME???

GIVE TEXAS THAT SCHEDULE!!
    GIVE OKLAHOMA THAT SCHEDULE!!
    HELL GIVE LSU THAT SCHEDULE!!!

SHITTY SCHEDULE THATS WHAT IT IS!!! AND THEY LOOSE TO OREGON STATE!!

HELL GIVE PENN STATE THAT SCHEDULE!! THEY ALREADY KILLED OREGON STATE!!

ZBOIZ

Thats the truth and that hurts

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

You really aren't helping your college knowledge argument by talking about how much USC sucks.

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bama covers 13.5

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

The BCS rankings will be out soon and it is time for style points to kick in. They said this was dropped from the computer but margins of victory still play a role and I doubt anyone who has done this for any amount of time would dispute that.

That said Alabama WILL cover this line. They are currently ranked #2 in the nation and only really have the Georgia victory to hang their hat on for the most part in the eyes of the nation. Those of us that have actually watched them play realize that this team is as solid as it get on both sides of the ball with the interior linemen. The secondary is not the best in the nation but are very solid. QB play is nothing that is gonna make you drop your jaw but is very consistant and doesn't creat alot of mistakes. Special teams are average. Over-all this team ranks very high.

Everyone discredits their win over Clemson to start the season due to what Clemson has done since. If you watched that game though and you know football you saw that more than Clemson being a bad team was the fact that this Alabama team is very good. What you saw in the first half of the Georgia game is what this team is capable of. The second half run by Georgia was a combination of georgia making some adjustments, Being a good ( not great and certainly not #3 ) team and the fact Bama lightened up.

I don't have a crystal ball obviously but Alabama is a much better team than some are willing to admit. this weekend Ole' Miss gets thumped.

As far as LSU goes. They weren't as exposed as much as Florida's coaches have finally decided that they are good with Tebow and Harvin but they are potentially great when they are a complete team. I think you're right though. LSU should rebound nicely this weekend and get a much deserved victory against South Carolina.

Also 100% agree that Vanderbilt cover's this weeks line. I expect it to drop to somewhere around 13.5 to 13 around gametime and would take it even then but why give away the extra value in not taking it now.

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rich Biatch View Post
    Bama covers 13.5
    Some of you guys really dont know the SEC!

This is not the WAC Conference! It's a very competitive league you will not see Bama blowing teams out every week!

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

purdue ml bank.

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rich Biatch View Post
    Bama covers 13.5
    thats some pretty strong analysis

what happened when bama played vaunted tulane and that offensive juggernaut kentucky, both games in tuscaloosa?

oh yeah, bama's offense did not show up

it's ole miss +13.5 or no play at all, bama does not have the offensive firepower to lay -13.5 with, they had the one break out against georgia because they were feeling disrespected and they rose up, they havent risen up against anyone else to put up pts like that, dont mention clemson, clemson SUCKS

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

ZBOIZ, this is your thread with your picks. Give them with a write up and that's all you should say. People that come in to other people's threads and downplay a pick are just plain stupid. Don't feel the need to argue and proove your picks anymore than your writeups.

12 Last