hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

who will beat USC the rest of the way?

no one will. i am not a USC fan, just a fan of making predictions that i truly believe will happen in the face of naysayers (most of the time, i am right, just check my new thread history). please let me explain something

oregon st is better than you think. stanford beat them in palo alto, and stanford is a decent team. penn state got them in happy valley while the defense was still learning. usc had to play them in corvallis, at night, midweek, on espn. if you don't know that it makes a huge difference to play a team on the road, at night, on espn, midweek, then you simply do not understand college football and should probably go find another subject to talk about

now, oregon state went to utah (who is UNDEFEATED) and only lost by 3 in a game in which they were statistically dominant. point is, oregon state is better than you think

to those who keep saying usc will lose again, who is gona beat them? please look at the schedule before making ridiculous statements

their toughest games left are @ arizona and @ stanford, and they will be significant faves in both games, and they will win both games

they get cal and notre dame at the coliseum

who will beat them? ANSWER: NO ONE WILL

they will finish 11-1 and if they don't make the BCS title game, which i think they will, actually, they will kick the BIG-10's overrated ass in the rose bowl again and probably win the AP Poll just like they did in 2003

FLORIDA vs. USC in the BCS title game

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Texas will not lose and even if they lose one so long as they beat missouri this week they will still be there you are climbing uphill with these predictions

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

No one

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Again, I do think that USC wins out and they will finish at 11-1, but their undoing will be that their one loss was a worse loss than any SEC or Big 12 team would suffer, so USC's hopes are already gone.

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    Texas will not lose and even if they lose one so long as they beat missouri this week they will still be there you are climbing uphill with these predictions
    texas has to play:

mizzu

@ kansas

okie state

@ tex tech

but you dont think they'll lose?

they lost 6 games the past 2 yrs with a team just as good as this one!!!

wake up ppl

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

if they beat Mizzou they can still lose a game and be in the championship is my point I don't think we will lose 2 and I think we will beat mizzou, to be honest I am most worried abouth the A&M game that is the biggest rivalry and they are prone to upsetting Texas

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

At this point in the season, only Stanford is playing physically enough to keep up with USC. Stanford, believe it or not (and you should believe it because I eat, sleep, and breathe Pac-10 sports) is playing more physically on the line of scrimmage than any other team in the Pac-10 not named USC. Also, when you examine all the Pac-10 head coaches, Jim Harbaugh is the only coach who matches Pete Carroll's level of intensity on the sideline. Who would have ever guessed that these two teams would be having competitive matchups?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    texas has to play:

mizzu

@ kansas

okie state

@ tex tech

but you dont think they'll lose?

they lost 6 games the past 2 yrs with a team just as good as this one!!!

wake up ppl

Now that I see their schedule, NO they won't lose any of those games. Missouri will be their toughest test, but I still think the Longhorns are better and being home helps.

I now think Texas will be undefeated entering the Big 12 Championship Game.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keep on telling yourself that USC will be in the National Championship and it is bound to happen.

Do you post on other topics? You know not pertaining to USC, or teams that will lose so USC will be in the National Championship.

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by RogueScholar View Post
    At this point in the season, only Stanford is playing physically enough to keep up with USC. Stanford, believe it or not (and you should believe it because I eat, sleep, and breathe Pac-10 sports) is playing more physically on the line of scrimmage than any other team in the Pac-10 not named USC. Also, when you examine all the Pac-10 head coaches, Jim Harbaugh is the only coach who matches Pete Carroll's level of intensity on the sideline. Who would have ever guessed that these two teams would be having competitive matchups?
    great post. you eat sleep and breathe the pac 10

I EAT SLEEP AND BREATHE COLLEGE FOOTBALL, EVERY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY, EVERY CONFERENCE

yes, stanford has decided to play a physical brand of football with running back toby gerhart running behind a strong physical o-line

their defense, however, is not playing so physical

USC will hammer them in palo alto, partially because of remembering last yr's upset

lightning does not strike twice in the same place or fashion

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    Keep on telling yourself that USC will be in the National Championship and it is bound to happen.

Do you post on other topics? You know not pertaining to USC, or teams that will lose so USC will be in the National Championship.
    look at my thread history

i picked kansas over memphis in the ncaa tourney before the tourney even started WINNER

i picked boston over the lakers before the finals began WINNER

i posted federer to rebound and win a major again after the august slump WINNER

i posted after wimbledon that nadal will make the semis at the us open and lose WINNER

any other questions?

check my threads history, do a search, and you'll learn a little bit, check that, you'll learn A LOT

element1286

i picked kansas over memphis in the ncaa tourney before the tourney even started WINNER

i posted after wimbledon that nadal will make the semis at the us open and lose WINNER

any other questions?

check my threads history, do a search, and you'll learn a little bit, check that, you'll learn A LOT
    Wow, your a prophet.

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    Wow, your a prophet.
    yes, and i make lots of PROFIT as well

ask JJGOLD if i am sharp,

just ask him

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Again, I do think that USC wins out and they will finish at 11-1, but their undoing will be that their one loss was a worse loss than any SEC or Big 12 team would suffer, so USC's hopes are already gone.
    In what world is Oregon St worse than Ole Miss?

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board

great post. you eat sleep and breathe the pac 10

I EAT SLEEP AND BREATHE COLLEGE FOOTBALL, EVERY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY, EVERY CONFERENCE

yes, stanford has decided to play a physical brand of football with running back toby gerhart running behind a strong physical o-line

their defense, however, is not playing so physical

USC will hammer them in palo alto, partially because of remembering last yr's upset

lightning does not strike twice in the same place or fashion
    Actually, it does. This year was the second time in a row that the Trojans came up to Corvallis favored by 20+ points and left town as losers. I think the odds are pretty decent that Stanford will come away with another win, and it'll probably be my biggest play of the year that the Cardinal cover the spread. That win over Arizona sold me on the heart and soul of this year's Stanford team.

LT Profits

any other questions?

Have a cookie:

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board

Quote Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
    Not this one, that's for sure. There's no way that Ole Miss beats Oregon State this year. Let's not forget that this is the Beavers, the team that went into LSU to play their first game of 2004 and lost on missed extra points. I was hungover for four days after that game, but at least I came away knowing that, on any given Saturday, a middle-of-the-road Pac-10 team can beat an SEC team at home given the right bounces.

hoopster42

Actually, it does. This year was the second time in a row that the Trojans came up to Corvallis favored by 20+ points and left town as losers. I think the odds are pretty decent that Stanford will come away with another win, and it'll probably be my biggest play of the year that the Cardinal cover the spread. That win over Arizona sold me on the heart and soul of this year's Stanford team.
    incorrect, USC was a 12 pt favorite at kickoff over oregon state in corvallis in 2006, that was a great oreg st team that finished 10-4 after beating mizzu in the bowl game

last yr, oregon state got dominated at the coliseum

pulling a major upset two yrs in a row DOES NOT HAPPEN in college football

LT Profits

HUH? Mississippi would be at least a 4-point favorite over Oregon State on a neutral field.

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The SEC one-loss contenders will not have that loss vs. Mississippi.
    LT youre a sharp guy but your disappointing me here

FLORIDA LOST AT HOME TO OLE MISS

and btw, ppl, ole miss is a pretty good team, barely lost to wake @ wake, and wake is pretty good in case anyone was asleep since 2006

LT Profits

Not this one, that's for sure. There's no way that Ole Miss beats Oregon State this year. Let's not forget that this is the Beavers, the team that went into LSU to play their first game of 2004 and lost on missed extra points. I was hungover for four days after that game, but at least I came away knowing that, on any given Saturday, a middle-of-the-road Pac-10 team can beat an SEC team at home given the right bounces.
    Same answer I gave to donjaun. Both of you guys are overestimating Oregon State.

LT Profits

LT youre a sharp guy but your disappointing me here

FLORIDA LOST AT HOME TO OLE MISS

and btw, ppl, ole miss is a pretty good team, barely lost to wake @ wake, and wake is pretty good in case anyone was asleep since 2006
    Yes I had a brain fart there, but my revision is correct.

LT Profits

Not to mention the fact that the WINS for the SEC contenders will also be better than USC's wins.

hoopster42

USC will have beaten these bowl teams in 2008 when the season is over:

ohio state
    oregon
    cal
    stanford
    arizona
    notre dame

and oregon state, usc's only loss, might still get to a bowl game

THIS ALONE WILL HELP THEIR BCS RATING TREMENDOUSLY

USC is already in the top 5 of the HARRIS and the USA TODAY which are the 2 polls that factor into the BCS formula

WAKE UP PPL

MY GOODNESS

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Just shut the fuck up and let the season play out. You're making yourself look like an ass with these ridiculous comments. I'm sure nobody predicted SC losing at home to Stanford last year. Point is, as much as you'd like to believe otherwise, you have no idea how the remainder of the season will unfold.

LT Profits

Forget about Pac-10 teams and Notre Dame, and the whole world already knows that Ohio State is overrated.

SEC schedules will be filled with just as many bowl teams, and unlike the Pac-10, they would be legitimate bowl teams.

element1286

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Forget about Pac-10 teams and Notre Dame, and the whole world already knows that Ohio State is overrated.

SEC schedules will be filled with just as many bowl teams, and unlike the Pac-10, they would be legitimate bowl teams.
    I agree with that. The Big 12 bowl teams are much better as well.

LT Profits

Yep, it would be simple justice to have SEC Champ vs. Big 12 Champ in BCS game.

donjuan

HUH? Mississippi would be at least a 4-point favorite over Oregon State on a neutral field.
    Does not compute.

LT Profits

Does not compute.

What do you mean? And I thought I was being nice becasue I actually thing Ole Miss would win by about 10.

donjuan

Not that Sagarin should be given much too much credence but Oregon St is 9th in their predictor and Ole Miss is 48th.

LT Profits

I trust my own numbers much more than anyone else's, and the fact that Mr. Sagarin has any Pac-10 team other than USC in the top 10 already makes him dubious in my book.

donjuan

I trust my own numbers much more than anyone else's, and the fact that Mr. Sagarin has any Pac-10 team other than USC in the top 10 already makes him dubious in my book.
    That's fine and all but the only reason I was using Sagarin was because that is a publicly available source.

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board

If you look at this week's Massey ranking comparison, Sagarin has an extremely high correlation to consensus. Although I'm referring to his ELO-CHESS rankings, not the predictor, and that has the Beavers ranked at 32 and Ole Miss at 52. The Sagarin formulas are't perfect, but they are established as high quality. USA Today is a pretty good newspaper too, while we're at it.

LT Profits

Yes I do look at Sags and Pomeroys for CBB, but I find them more useful for conference games, as their SOS formulas make them not so reliable for non-conference games.

12 Last