SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!

USC opened -41

at Washington St....now -42.5 at Cris...WOW.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5209

sound familiar?

CaneDawg
    CaneDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whew.

Gonna leave it alone.

smitch124

This just goes to show how big an upset Stanford over USC was last year, the spread was the same. Stanford looked like they had about the same chance before the game as WSU does now.

That USC-Stanford game last year convinced me for all time that ANYTHING can happen...

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5551

Some idiot is gonna make USC ML (-15000?) their lock of the year.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2597

Washington St +42 1/2 all the way, i know they are terrible, but they are at home and USC almost never plays good in Pullman!

Amazing, this same team lost as 40 point faves OUTRIGHT at home a year ago LOL

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!

usc ml. no way they'll lose 2nd time so early in the season.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

WSU cant beat them, and unless USC decides to just coast this one, a 45- 0 score isnt out of the relm. WSU is my fave team and they are bad.

smitch124

Ya I hear ya shady, I'm a Stanford fan. Last year I was just hoping none of their players got killed against USC, and they were on the road...and they won the freaking game!! I actually still don't believe it.

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6195

While Stanford '07 was a piss poor team, they would be decent favorites over this Wazzu team. The Apple Cup is going to resemble a high school game.

WSU_Tbone
    WSU_Tbone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

We don't have a QB....We're prob gonna have a walk on who took their first snap last week start this game...with our punter as our probable back-up unless Wulff decides to burn levenseller's red shirt....USC is going to cruise...I'd consider taking WSU if we were getting +60

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by picoman View Post
    usc ml. no way they'll lose 2nd time so early in the season.
    Oh shit I heard that before.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!

USC ML would probably be like -50000 or something, if they even had a line on it. I'll probably bet on USC, but the last time I laid 40 points with the Trojans they lost straight up to Stanford!

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by treece View Post
    Oh shit I heard that before.
    as much as i like to bet it, still a little gun shy.

Brady2Moss
    Brady2Moss's Avatar Become A Pro!

How the hell could a 40 point favorite lose?

MonkeyF0cker
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Pass. Pass. Pass. No thank you. I'd take the points if I had to but won't come within 300 miles of this game.

smitch124

Quote Originally Posted by Brady2Moss View Post

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272790030

Brady2Moss

I know about this game Smitch, I just cant believe something like this could happen. Was it rigged?

Chi_archie
    Ghost
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 102

wait you are the guy that lost his whole roll on usc ml against Oregon State earlier this year right?

and then documented how all these huge fav "locks" you played in the past have lost too.... while yoiu questioned if some higher power were out to get you.

are you seriously asking this question?

but seriously what are the chances that it happens to someone twice in the same year? you should for real go get a huge loan and lay it all on the USC ML.... couldn't happen 2x to the same person right?

smitch124

I watched every play B2M, sure seemed authentic, USC came in flat and just couldn't get any enthusiam going. The laid back LA fans were no help either...

Chi_archie
    Ghost
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 102

I feel like of all schools, a team like USC is maybe most susceptible to huge let downs like this.

first off, they have been too good historically and as of late...that starts to get to a 18-21 year olds head after awhile, and they think that since they are part of such a great legacy that they can't possibly lose... its their birth right.

they are too talented and too deep... USC's recruiting is unreal... they get players that are so blessed that they've never really had to work for anything, they are used to things coming easy. They also are just so talented at every position with backups that would start at most other schools.... there is less pressure on each individual player.... he can start to beleive that if he has an off game that someone else will pick up the slack. Problem is, that sooner or later they all get this mentality.

These kids are not hungry.... look where they live, look at the girls they go to school with, look at their weather, ect. they have very very happy and content lives... not deep burning anger or resentment inside, no chips on their shoulders.
    Life is soooo good for them right now, heck we've seen a few talented players choose to stay rather then go in the draft when they are sure thing first round picks.

they have NO ONE to prove wrong, no nay sayers... hard to get a 19 year old up for "meaningless" gimme games 6+ times a year.. where is the motivation.

the thing about college and football in particular is that some of this kids have professional bodies....but their minds and hearts aren't there yet... they don't understand the "punch the clock" mentality it can take to succeed week in and week out yet. That is the big x factor in college sports, a small team like applachia can get super pumped and motivated and run on pure adrenaline and hold off a sleeping giant like UM every once in awhile. And when the clock starts ticking away, these great gifted athletes choke under the pressure because they have never been in that position before... they are used to just running over people back in their little po-dunk conference in high school and never dealing with 100,000 screaming/booing fans on the brink of a huge upset

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5037

as bad as stanford may have been last year, at least they weren't holding open tryouts on campus to all students looking for a QB

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

you're never allowed to take USC again

Always Somethin'
    Always Somethin''s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    wait you are the guy that lost his whole roll on usc ml against Oregon State earlier this year right?

and then documented how all these huge fav "locks" you played in the past have lost too.... while yoiu questioned if some higher power were out to get you.

are you seriously asking this question?

but seriously what are the chances that it happens to someone twice in the same year? you should for real go get a huge loan and lay it all on the USC ML.... couldn't happen 2x to the same person right?
    lol yah and the same guy who criticizes other peoples picks since then.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Some idiot is gonna make USC ML (-15000?) their lock of the year.
    I'd bet real money on: bradleysnyder

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Washington St +42 1/2 all the way, i know they are terrible, but they are at home and USC almost never plays good in Pullman!

Amazing, this same team lost as 40 point faves OUTRIGHT at home a year ago LOL
    They lost their starting QB so they could lose by 60. Just think how bad the backup must be.

WSU_Tbone

Latest update...Our 2nd string QB practiced and should be ready for USC on Saturday...Our second string will either be the walkon or will be pulling the redshirt off our 4th string...Our 3rd string who started the last two games is out for the season along with our 1st string who got hurt as well..Lopina, our second string, suffered a fractured vertebra, but apparently will be ok to go...Anyways...my 2 cents is that it really doesn't matter who plays QB for us...USC is going to cover...lol

Brady2Moss

I would go all in on WSU +45000

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

no excuse for usc to lose to stanford last season, but i believe the line was way too high, overreaction to usc's early success and stanford's perceived failure, plus stanford was starting an unknown soph in pritchard who had never started a game before,

still, usc moved the ball all night, outgained stanford by 250 yds, it was booty who killed usc because he broke his ring finger on his throwing hand in the first half, they x-rayed it at half time but he assured carroll he was okay, then he goes out and throws 4 ints, usc was -4 in turnovers

they gave that game away

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Woundn't touch this game with a 20 foot piece of anything.

hawaii808
    hawaii808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1216

I like usc to cover here

WSU_Tbone

D.TArdy (RB) might be back...but C.Ivory (RB) is out...I really think our scoring streak might come to an end this week...only chane i see is if USC is up 56 - 0 and the starters are pulled in the third...and maybe we get a chance at some garbage points..

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4829

USC will cover here, the line is decently sharp but look at some of Wazzu's games

Lost at Oregon State 66-13 last week
    Lost against Oregon 63-14
    Lost against Cal 66-3
    Lost at Baylor 45-17