spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

You never know when your times up, British woman beheaded in supermarket attack

(CNN) -- A British woman beheaded in an apparently random supermarket attack in Spain's Canary Islands has been identified as grandmother Jennifer Mills-Westley.
    She was retired and living between Tenerife in the Canary Islands and France, where a daughter and grandchildren live, her family said in a statement Saturday.
    "She was full of life, generous of heart, would do anything for anyone," said her daughter, who was only identified as Sarah.
    The family is "devastated by the news of her death," her daughter said.
    "We now have to find a way of living without her love and light," she added.
    Mills-Westley was a retired county council worker in Norfolk, eastern England, council leader Derrick Murphy told CNN.
    Murphy said he did not know her personally, having joined the council after she retired, but that he planned to have current and former council employees put together a tribute to her.
    A knife-wielding man attacked a Mills-Westley in a supermarket, eventually cutting off her head and running away with it, government officials in Tenerife said Friday.
    The man entered a shopping center in the town of Arona, in the Cristianos area of Tenerife, and stole a knife from the supermarket before attacking the apparent stranger, a central government spokeswoman said.
    Shopping center security guards were alerted and chased the man, subduing him until police arrived.
    The man, whom national police in Tenerife identified as a Bulgarian, was apparently known in the shopping area, the government spokeswoman said.
    The British Foreign Office confirmed Friday that a British national had died in Tenerife. British officials there are in contact with Spanish authorities about the incident, the Foreign Office said.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes i read about this several days ago. the man was suffering from some mental illness i believe. would like to give someone like that the death penalty but if he was that mentally ill why was he free in society to begin with ?

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

yeah, crazy stuff.

scottie2005
    Update your status
    scottie2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30487

I don't think medication is going to help someone like this

Punter4Life
    Punter4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

Quote Originally Posted by spartangreen View Post
    (CNN) -- A British woman beheaded in an apparently random supermarket attack in Spain's Canary Islands has been identified as grandmother Jennifer Mills-Westley.
    She was retired and living between Tenerife in the Canary Islands and France, where a daughter and grandchildren live, her family said in a statement Saturday.
    "She was full of life, generous of heart, would do anything for anyone," said her daughter, who was only identified as Sarah.
    The family is "devastated by the news of her death," her daughter said.
    "We now have to find a way of living without her love and light," she added.
    Mills-Westley was a retired county council worker in Norfolk, eastern England, council leader Derrick Murphy told CNN.
    Murphy said he did not know her personally, having joined the council after she retired, but that he planned to have current and former council employees put together a tribute to her.
    A knife-wielding man attacked a Mills-Westley in a supermarket, eventually cutting off her head and running away with it, government officials in Tenerife said Friday.
    The man entered a shopping center in the town of Arona, in the Cristianos area of Tenerife, and stole a knife from the supermarket before attacking the apparent stranger, a central government spokeswoman said.
    Shopping center security guards were alerted and chased the man, subduing him until police arrived.
    The man, whom national police in Tenerife identified as a Bulgarian, was apparently known in the shopping area, the government spokeswoman said.
    The British Foreign Office confirmed Friday that a British national had died in Tenerife. British officials there are in contact with Spanish authorities about the incident, the Foreign Office said.
    Truly the sickest thing I've read this morning.

[quote=Wulfman14;9995429]yes i read about this several days ago. the man was suffering from some mental illness i believe. would like to give someone like that the death penalty but if he was that mentally ill why was he free in society to begin with ?[/quote]
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie2005 View Post
    I don't think medication is going to help someone like this
    There is medication for evereything, so yes it would help.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

[quote=Punter4Life;9995891]Truly the sickest thing I've read this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    yes i read about this several days ago. the man was suffering from some mental illness i believe. would like to give someone like that the death penalty but if he was that mentally ill why was he free in society to begin with ?[/quote]
    This.

There is medication for evereything, so yes it would help.
    The sickest thing you read this morning should have been is that a woman was beheaded!!!!! in a supermarket , not that a violent and mentally ill man was allowed to roam out in society.