Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Kimbo slice fix failed

Interesting video how they tried to fix the fight be keeping it off the ground, but Kimbo sucked too much to win even with a partial fix.
    http://video.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wv

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Well rounded MMA heavyweights will expose him badly.

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

That video is crazy...How much validity does the guy that did that video have??? How much truth is to the fact that they are being investigated now?

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I knew he was soft when he couldn't even hurt David Blaine.

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

^

I'd say it was not a fixed fight rather they were just trying to make it more entertaining.

MMAJOE
    MMAJOE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Dont know if its all true, I agree with Dana that Gary Shaw is a Scumbag Boxing Promoter trying to get a piece of the pie off MMA. Seth Petrezili was on inside MMA they offered him 50k for the fight and KO bonus ( just like the UFC has to reward good fights Submission of the night , Ko and Fight of the Night Bonuses) Pretty much they offered him a KO bonus in his contract it didnt mean he couldnt take him to the ground or told him to stand up only.They offered the KO bonus hoping for more action.

They screwed up hyping Kimbo the have been protecting him with all his challengers(Cantrell,Tank,JT ) the where hoping to have Shamrock on the list next but had to find a person to save the show because of Shamrocks Injury. Now the Kimbo hype is squashed they have to go another route. EliteXC puts on pretty good shows but they might not be around next year at this time.

MMAJOE
    MMAJOE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with Dana..

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Kimbo is small potatoes.

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Dana White is god

Quote Originally Posted by MMAJOE View Post
    wow! you've gotta love this guy!! Dana White is such a good ambassador for MMA! his perseverance is what made the UFC mainstream. and when he bashes people like Gary Shaw so outwardly and straightforward like that, MAD PROPS!

I can't remember exactly, but in that video, did he say "Kimbo Slice is shit!"?? hahaha, kimbo is the biggest CAN ever!

if ufc is crazy and wants some ratings, put brock lesnar vs kimbo slice. that'll draw a huge viewing audience

GO DANA GO!

Robyn
    Robyn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Despite what Dana White has done for MMA, I have never been a big fan....until I heard this interview a few days ago. Same goes with the Rogan interview with Dibella regarding MMA vs. boxing. I was never a Rogan fan until I saw this interview on ESPN.

When money is involved, it is inevitable that corruption typically follows suit. Boxing has been discredited by money hungry promoters using the sport of boxing as a vehicle to fame and fortune. I have said this before....I grew up watching boxing with my father. I was always a fan, until it became painfully clear that individuals were paid to compromise the sport. I just hope that MMA, led by the UFC, will try their best to keep the sport clean and as honest as they possibly can.

supershark
    supershark's Avatar Become A Pro!

the video you posted was john mccain on letterman. i dont get it.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

rogan is such a fuking clown. he made an absolute fool of himself when he said that there will never be any new famous boxers. the guy gets paid to say that stuff so i understand, but he is so totally clueless when it comes to that. and he knows damn good and well that guys leave boxing and go to mma because they simply cant win in boxing, not the other way around. but i agree, 2 totally different sports that really dont even need to be compared to each other.

Robyn
    Robyn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by supershark View Post
    the video you posted was john mccain on letterman. i dont get it.
    I thought it was just me. I saw McCain on Letterman.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Ah. I posted a link to "popular video" that had it. The popular video changed.