blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

Winter Classic 2012: Flyers vs. Rangers

Citizens Bank Park to host the 2012 Winter Classic

The NHL — and, to be honest, my employer — seem to have struck gold by playing hockey games outdoors on New Year’s Day, so they shall continue the tradition on 2012. Well, except in 2012 it won’t be on New Year’s Day, it will be on January 2nd because the NFL likes to ruin everything by scheduling games opposite cool things like outdoor hockey on New Year’s Day. Whatever.

Next year: Citizens Bank Park. Sounds like a cool choice. Although really, the NHL has to do something about this northern bias they’ve been showing in their Winter Classic site selections. Why not play outdoor hockey in Atlanta? Nashville? Dallas? Sunrise, Florida? There are both hockey teams and perfectly good ballparks in those places that are sitting empty in January!

In other news, I’m not a very knowledgeable person when it comes to hockey.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I'm a huge fan of the Winter Classic. I went to the Bruins/Flyers at Fenway a couple years ago and it was a great experience. Maybe they can use dry ice or soemthing in Miami for a Winter Classic

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

i will definitely be trying to get tickets to this

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

great news. hope its not one of those winters when it rains all the time....

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

They had a little problem at Fenway with the ice, but that always seems to the case. After watching the making of the Winter Classic surface on TV...seems like making hockey rinks is a really sensative and controlled process. Pretty interesting.

tripp
    tripp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Awesome. Can't wait.