betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santauro View Post
    pucker, that is the key.. you are a leafs fan.. of course every leafs fan will say toronto is canada's team.. hence..plommer.. but go around montreal and ask same question, and 100 out of 100 will say habs are most popular team in canada.. every leafs and habs fan will be bias.. but i only speak truth..

matty, be ready my friend, cause nos glorieux seront les champions de la coupe stanley..
    Toronto is Toronto's team, not Canada's team.

Me, come the post season I cheer for EVERY Canadian team that doesn't have Canadien in it's name.

Go around and ask 100 people in Toronto if Ontario is part of Canada, 100 out of 100 will say it is, same goes for Albertans, Newfies, etc.

Ask 100 Quebecers if Quebec is part of Canada and 49.9% will say it isn't.

Montreal loves to brag about its past great Habs teams, the city couldn't hold on to its MLB franchise because they never won anything, Toronto has two world series championships, Montreal will never top that, it is possible Toronto could eventually win an NBA championship, not possible in Montreal.

Anyway, back to tonights game, I'm always a game late, the drubbing Montreal laid on the Leafs tonight was EXACTLY what I expected to be done to them by Detroit. The Wings stunk and cost me a bit of coin.

The Leafs are for all intents an expansion team this season, so haters of Toronto can enjoy the moment, but they won't be bad forever.

Matt Rain
    Matt Rain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 477

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post

Ask 100 Quebecers if Quebec is part of Canada and 49.9% will say it isn't.
    Yawn. You need to update your figures - this isn't 1995. That trend is dying along with the generation that launched the movement.

Nice non sequiturs too with the MLB and NBA stuff. Fact is, the Expos died 'cause people didn't care enough, and an NBA team wouldn't survive here either. We're a smaller market and hockey is king.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 719

Nicky, I am not in Ontario or Quebec. Hate both Leafs and Habs. But I will say that the great majority of people think of Leafs as Canada's team more than Habs.

I was praying Quebec would separate a decade ago. Then we'd have also lost the maratimes. Kill a frog and 4 dead codfish with one stone.

Westerners are sick of supporting you Eastern phucks

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

pucker, that is the key.. you are a leafs fan.. of course every leafs fan will say toronto is canada's team.. hence..plommer.. but go around montreal and ask same question, and 100 out of 100 will say habs are most popular team in canada.. every leafs and habs fan will be bias.. but i only speak truth..

matty, be ready my friend, cause nos glorieux seront les champions de la coupe stanley..
    Nicky Nicky Nicky. Why are the Leafs almost always on CBC on Saturday nights national broadcast? National Nicky. The Leafs sell Nicky. They are popular. Advertising dollars Nicky. Viewership Nicky. Think advertising dollars.

Nicky I know you are a Habs fan. That's ok. I know you are a Guy Lafleur and probably an Yvon Lambert fan. lol. That's ok too. But I want to know something Nicky. Are you really a Frenchie or are you an Italian Mohawk mix?

Are you a separatist Nicky?

PuckOff

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Nicky, I am not in Ontario or Quebec. Hate both Leafs and Habs. But I will say that the great majority of people think of Leafs as Canada's team more than Habs.

I was praying Quebec would separate a decade ago. Then we'd have also lost the maratimes. Kill a frog and 4 dead codfish with one stone.

Ah you must be one of those arrogant Albertans. True??

Nothing wrong with us Maritimers Mathy. We didn't do anything to Canada.

mathdotcom

PuckOff, true. I like you guys. It's the policies of prev. federal govts that have been phucking you. You'd probably be better off without being in Canada, too. Would have the rights to your offshore oil instead of Ottawa.

PuckOff

PuckOff, true. I like you guys. It's the policies of prev. federal govts that have been phucking you. You'd probably be better off without being in Canada, too. Would have the rights to your offshore oil instead of Ottawa.
    You got that right......BUT we love everyone man. Except the Frenchies.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rain View Post
    Yawn. You need to update your figures - this isn't 1995. That trend is dying along with the generation that launched the movement.

Nice non sequiturs too with the MLB and NBA stuff. Fact is, the Expos died 'cause people didn't care enough, and an NBA team wouldn't survive here either. We're a smaller market and hockey is king.
    My numbers aren't exact I'll admit, I merely used those figures to point out that there are still those in Quebec that want to live in Quebec the country, not Quebec the province, there is no separatist movement in Ontario whatsoever.

Nicky can believe all he wants that Montreal is Canada's team, but it just ain't so, the fact that the Leafs are "Canada's team" does nothing for me personally, I live in Toronto, home of the Leafs.

I can cheer for the Leafs, Senators, Oilers, Flames & Canucks. I'll never cheer for Montreal, it's truly a great city and a fun place to visit, but Quebec politics ruin it for me.

Those same "Non sequiturs" support the claim that the Leafs are the most important team in the English media, by numbers, Toronto IS the market for advertising and other revenues, it's purely about the dollar.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8341

oh my lord.. i am freaking out.. what are the odds?

I was just hacking around the internet and i found this picture.. wow... even these kids agree with me.

talk about a small world..

betplom
    maniac

oh my lord.. i am freaking out.. what are the odds?

I was just hacking around the internet and i found this picture.. wow... even these kids agree with me.

talk about a small world..
    Nicky, how could I possibly counter your assertion that foreign children that haven't even heard of hockey take your side on this issue? The sign seals the deal. I NOW believe you Nick.

You REALLY outdid me with that one Nicky.
    I guess if I couldn't make my point myself I'd resort to using a cardboard sign.

You got me.

Nicky Santoro

i know you probably think i made this up, but i didn't.. but what freaks me out the most is not that the kids knew hockey, but that they knew you.............. plommer..........Man, how is that possible.. you are more famous than i ever thought.. you might be even bigger than JJ.. i dont think kids in IRAQ know JJ.. but somehow, they know you..

I am proud to say i know you, plommer..

betplom
    maniac

How would we lose the Maritimes?

If Quebec "separates" we will move all the French fvcks to Newfoundland and let the Newfies move in next door to Ontario. Newfies=good.

The "Eastern phucks" Alberta claims to support are east of Ontario.

betplom
    maniac

I am proud to say i know you, plommer..
    I'm glad I know you too Nicky, because of you I will truly savour the moment when the Habs bow out of the playoffs.

Rooting against the Canadiens is fun again.

Nicky Santoro

habs will win cup this year.. and if they dont.. they will sure as hell come close.. did you watch tonight's game? how good did they look? they looked like the Habs of 76-77.. i swear, if Guy Lafleur was on the ice tonight, i would have sworn it was them.. i never seen them this dominant as tonight.. this team is great..

can you say.... STANLEY CUP..

i can't wait till they win the cup so i can bug you everyday.....

betplom
    maniac

habs will win cup this year.. and if they dont.. they will sure as hell come close.. did you watch tonight's game? how good did they look? they looked like the Habs of 76-77.. i swear, if Guy Lafleur was on the ice tonight, i would have sworn it was them.. i never seen them this dominant as tonight.. this team is great..

can you say.... STANLEY CUP..

i can't wait till they win the cup so i can bug you everyday.....
    LOL, deal Nicky, if the Habs win the cup this year you have every right to rub it in. But I know you're not that dumb.

Beating an expansion Leafs team is hardly an accomplishment, you know that.

The Habs are soft and those Euro/Russian stars have tiny hearts, they have little/no chance of making it to the finals.

I'll be the first to congratulate you if the miracle happens.

mathdotcom

Nicky

Give me a line on Habs making it past 2nd round. I will take 'no' for all I've got.
    They are just not a Stanley cup team. You guys are phuckin' delusional.

Habs keep loading up on sissy Europeans. There are some teams that will always be above average, like the Habs, but that don't have what it takes to make it through rough/tough playoffs.

First 12