proaviator
    proaviator's Avatar Become A Pro!

Airline/TSA rules

Wondering if anyone has experience traveling with cash to Las Vegas. Does anyone have any feedback?

If you wanted to travel with a large amount of cash on a domestic airline flight, are there limits on what how much cash can be carried? Are there specific procedures? TSA have specific rules? Airline rules? Etc...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/custome...rial_1029.shtm

Q. Will I be delayed during screening if I am carrying large amounts of cash?
    A. TSA does not restrict passengers from carrying cash through our security checkpoints. However, when TSA discovers a passenger carrying a sum of cash that appears to be in excess of $10,000 and the passenger is traveling to a location outside of the United States, TSA may notify U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to ensure compliance with international currency-reporting requirements. Also, TSA may notify law enforcement officers if cash is discovered during the security screening process that appears to be related to criminal activity based on factors such as the quantity, packaging, circumstances of discovery, or the method by which it is carried.

proaviator
    proaviator's Avatar Become A Pro!

I read that myself. That exact Q&A...thank you for your response.

Has anyone traveled with large amounts of cash to Vegas and had dealings with TSA???

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

30K Millionaire
    Fade Yourself
    30K Millionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 592

Not sure on domestic flights, but on international flights you have to declare if you are carrying $10,000 or more