lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

OKC ML +225 in game 1 seems like a very good bet to me.

I think the mavs come out rusty here after the long layoff and struggle with the thunder. OKC is much more athletic than dallas and i honestly think they present some serious matchup problems for the mavs. The mavs are high off there win over LAL and it might take them some time to adjust to a completely different type of opponent. I know the line opened at -5.5 and went to 6 right away but i gotta believe the thunder hang here right till the end.

+225 is very good value imo

keenecharger21
    keenecharger21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

hmmm i think it will be a close game but idk if thunder win but they can

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Anybody got numbers, on how teams do after sweeping in their previous series?

This should be a competitive series. Two completely different teams.

Mavs are full of veterans, who are totally locked into this years playoffs. OKC's best 4 players are no older than 22. What OKC lacks in experience, they supplement with chemistry and talent.

Tough to call. Waiting until 2nd Half myself. Over seems like the play.

mdemps9190
    mdemps9190's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7237

I think I'm going to chase OKC at home...They'll win at least 1 there.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The line seems right where it should be to me, from a numbers perspective. I actually really like the Mavs in Game 1 to take the Thunder apart. They got taken to 7 games by a Grizzlies team that is far from an elite team. I don't know what matchup issues you're talking about here... The Mavs patience and strong halfcourt will frustrate the Thunder (who do not have a well developed halfcourt). The youth/speed/athleticism is a plus for OKC, but the Mavs have a very efficient gameplan that I think will compensate for that.

I really like the Mavs to win solidly in Game 1.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 05-16-11 at 01:48 AM.

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Dallas has a very good team and it will take a lot for OKC to overcome them. Still, I'm going with the underdog in Game 1. I know Dallas beat them twice in the regular season but it all seemed to come from a 4th quarter collapse from the Thunder. Hopefully, they won't fall apart this time.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    Dallas has a very good team and it will take a lot for OKC to overcome them. Still, I'm going with the underdog in Game 1. I know Dallas beat them twice in the regular season but it all seemed to come from a 4th quarter collapse from the Thunder. Hopefully, they won't fall apart this time.
    Because the Thunder haven't had any recent late game collapses...

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    The line seems right where it should be to me, from a numbers perspective. I actually really like the Mavs in Game 1 to take the Thunder apart. They got taken to 7 games by a Grizzlies team that is far from an elite team. I don't know what matchup issues you're talking about here... The Mavs patience and strong halfcourt will frustrate the Thunder (who do not have a well developed halfcourt). The youth/speed/athleticism is a plus for OKC, but the Mavs have a very efficient gameplan that I think will compensate for that.

I really like the Mavs to win solidly in Game 1.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Yes sir! Dallas been sitting way too long.

micky
    micky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas will win easily: 4-1 or 4-2

Bigglefairy
    Bigglefairy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas plus the points I say. Take Dallas plus the points today.

Smiley
    Smiley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice to see bigglefairy again

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Admittedly I dont have the stats to hand, but this is one of my favourite playoff scenarios to bet on - betting the team that has just won a 6 or 7 game series vs a team who swept and hasn't played in the best part of a week or more.

Yes, the team who swept will be on a high, but that long rest between games can make them a little rusty and they may also be more complacent thinking "we just swept the Lakers, Okl will be easy pickings" but the team who has just come through the long series and has only had a couple of days break should still have the momentum and still be "in the zone" so to speak.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16173

french toast bacon coffee

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

you should probably stop posting....after all, "anyone who thinks the bulls will beat the heat should stop betting" hahahahahahaha

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Face Palm!!! U r horrible u air bettor u!!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    you should probably stop posting....after all, "anyone who thinks the bulls will beat the heat should stop betting" hahahahahahaha
    As opposed to the day you had two double lock/guarantees that both lost.

Powerball
    MIL Brewers
    Powerball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

I like Dallas for game 1. OKC will need time to adjust their game plan and 1 day will not do it. Plus, they just came off a tough series, while Dallas is well rested. +225 is a trap.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Dallas swept the all mighty Lakers 4 zip zero (plus over a week of rest) and the Thunder just had 7 game series with lowly Memphis. No way the Thunder can win this game. That is why I am taking the Thunder +6. Good luck!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GAMBLOR777

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

thunder win it all

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by keenecharger21 View Post
    hmmm i think it will be a close game but idk if thunder win but they can
    Keen, we can't predict what happens. What we look for is value. And this has value written all over it. Also, it's funny how you say it will be close (which I agree with) but you aren't sure if the Thunder can win. In a close game, anything can happen.

GGRIF82
    GGRIF82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game 1 might be a good one to watch. Remember Dirk did not play more or less in two of the three regular season meetings and all three were way early in the season. Different team mindsets now. I tend to agree that OKC might have a tough time turning around very quick from the emotion of Game 7. If they were playing another young team I might give them a shot, but Mavs are vets and ready.

klids3
    klids3's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like them +6 it will be a good one. Young vs old

blinky88
    blinky88's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL tonight

jacer333
    jacer333's Avatar Become A Pro!

ML is tempting, but I am much more confident in the +6. OKC has the talent to run with Dallas all game, but even if they fold down the stretch, +6 should cover.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

I like the points. If Dirk has a 40% or under shooting night, OKC wins outright.

goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

This game seems like a toss up since we don't know which of either team will show up. Thunder definitely have the ability to win though.

blinky88
    blinky88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mavs all the way

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6100

OKC ML for me as well. I think it's worth a unit.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Why would Dallas let OKC win one of their home games? The last thing they want is to go into Oklahoma needing to win infront of that crowd.

Dallas or no bet, the price isn't even that great on OKC.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Why would Dallas let OKC win one of their home games? The last thing they want is to go into Oklahoma needing to win infront of that crowd.

Dallas or no bet, the price isn't even that great on OKC.
    this makes no sense, no team in the history of sports (barring a fix or lay down) let's anyone win a game or for that matter a game on their home turf. okc was 5-0 ats vs dallas this year and matchup pretty well in this series. will they win the series, maybe not. is game 1 a perfect spot to sneak in a win, without question.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Dallas swept the all mighty Lakers 4 zip zero (plus over a week of rest) and the Thunder just had 7 game series with lowly Memphis. No way the Thunder can win this game. That is why I am taking the Thunder +6. Good luck!

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    sharp

HCBoone
    HCBoone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5652

I don't like it. Mavs are to intelligent and to hungry to come out slow and rusty. They'll be firing and Mavs won't loose any games at home to OKC.

1234 ... Last