forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    E I'm done with FORSBERG21. Waste of my time. As Quintus said to Maximus......"PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW WHEN THEY ARE CONQUERED"
    You're out cause I made you look like the clown you are Billy Watters. Have fun paying off that $50K student debt. From what I've read from you, it seems to me like you're lying about you're education anyways because you haven't impressed me with a single thing you've said.

Run for the hills waving your white flag Billy Waters!

Enjoy paying back the Chinese for the rest of your life pal!
    Last edited by forsberg21; 05-14-11 at 09:26 PM.

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Canada is alright, been up there a few times, and the invention of french fries with gravy (evec fromage) should be enough to solidify their standing in history.

But really? Comparing a country of less than 35 million to a country with ten times the population is a little ridiculous. There are more people living in California than there are living in all of Canada.

As for your story about the lady and her kids, I am glad that your country has completely cured poverty, congrats. We have a few more (million) to worry about than you do. We do a pretty good job through charity and social services, but even still, some regrettably fall through the cracks.

Way to turn something nice you did into an indictment of an entire country, I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice and polite.
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave Facepunch 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

I cannot believe I actually read through this thread.
    It is entertaining to see how dense some people are though. Thanks for the laughs
    FacePunch basically sums it up.

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by Facepunch View Post
    Canada is alright, been up there a few times, and the invention of french fries with gravy (evec fromage) should be enough to solidify their standing in history.

But really? Comparing a country of less than 35 million to a country with ten times the population is a little ridiculous. There are more people living in California than there are living in all of Canada.

As for your story about the lady and her kids, I am glad that your country has completely cured poverty, congrats. We have a few more (million) to worry about than you do. We do a pretty good job through charity and social services, but even still, some regrettably fall through the cracks.

Way to turn something nice you did into an indictment of an entire country, I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice and polite.
    A sharp post by an American, this guy is a rare breed.

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

give it a rest

if the u.s. sucked so bad then why is Canada crowded around our border

*see vid 90% of canadian's live along the border

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Because it's warmer at the border?

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by underthe total View Post
    give it a rest

if the u.s. sucked so bad then why is Canada crowded around our border

*see vid 90% of canadian's live along the border
    Because it's freezing cold in the north maybe?

BTW, I never said the US sucked so bad either.

Facepunch

I never thought of the temp difference I always thought they were just clinging on to america too.

forsberg21

I never thought of the temp difference I always thought they were just clinging on to america too.
    Also, looking at history would explain it too. When the British were fighting with the Americans, what were they defending? The border. That's why all the initial settlements, ports, trade routes, transportation infrastructure were located close to the border, because that's where they were needed most.

Temperature and history, that's why 90% of Canadians live within 200 KM of the US border. IMO. Though I'd give the history argument more merit.

forsberg21

Also, looking at history would explain it too. When the British were fighting with the Americans, what were they defending? The border. That's why all the initial settlements, ports, trade routes, transportation infrastructure were located close to the border, because that's where they were needed most.

Temperature and history, that's why 90% of Canadians live within 200 KM of the US border. IMO. Though I'd give the history argument more merit.

Facepunch

Good point.

Facepunch

It is currently an economic boon for Canada to be so close.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8441

It is currently an economic boon for Canada to be so close.
    of course it is. If it wasn't then there is something serious wrong.
    The 2 largest trading partners in the world and Canada is a tenth the size.

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

of course it is. If it wasn't then there is something serious wrong.
    The 2 largest trading partners in the world and Canada is a tenth the size.
    Yea it's no surprise that things turned out the way they did regarding trading between Canada and the US.

Mexico on the other hand. They got dealt a good hand through their geographic proximity, but they haven't been able to fully reap the benefits of NAFTA like Canada and the US have.

First ... 4567