MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL Owners considering "nuclear" option..

Roger Goodell while talking to Mike Florio of PFT admitted the NFL Owners are considering every option available to them, including shutting everything down.

The players are expected to win the Appellate Court decision lifting the lockout.

The next available option for the Owners would be to "go out of business" on paper, which would not be a violation of the terms and conditions of the injunction because on paper, the NFL will cease and desist all operations.

The owners believe this will force the players back to the bargaining table. Here is the thread.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-nfl-shutdown/

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

fans should boycott going to games this season... just tailgate the shit outta the bitch and fukk the seats.... We are the driving force behind this fukkin money making machine and these fukks keep spitting in our faces.
    Points Awarded:

EBDOGGN gave SpreadSniper 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

NFL owners are some greedy son of bitches...
    Owning a team should be like a trophy for these rich fukks, instead they want to make a shitload of money out of the team.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4949

Players need some sense knocked into their heads.

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18795

The owners don't have the balls to do this.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Wow I thought they would try something like this.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

it would be strange for business owners to willfully stop making money on their investment, even if less than they want.. this would show clear malice and get them in further trouble in court..

my two cents

Robust

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by rem sleep View Post
    The owners don't have the balls to do this.
    I agree. If half the season ticket holders from any team decided they weren't going to renew, this labor problem would end in 15 minutes.

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

The season is almost here and there is still now deal. Now some Utah governor wants to take college football before the us superior court to take down the BCS. Man I will shoot my self if there is no football.

lcscanada
    lcscanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never will happen. Billions lost on gambling if no NFL season, no way in hell the big books allow this. Payoff to resolve for sure.

zoso11871
    zoso11871's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2334

That's a pretty scary thought.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I dont buy it for a second. If they were going to they wouldn't mention it this early, its only a bluff. There is plenty of wealthy investors in the world who know how much money football makes in the USA. If the owners shutdown business completely, all they will have accomplished is handing over a multi-billion dollar business that they completely control to new owners. And what are the old owners going to do with their empty stadiums? guess who would buy them.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

ya deff its just a bluff trying to gain levrage.

Wreckloose
    Wreckloose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17236

They have enough money they can afford having everyone hate them.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFL

TheJames
    TheJames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 321

America, **** ya

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3445

both players and owners make to much money..

St8Ca$homie
    St8Ca$homie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    fans should boycott going to games this season... just tailgate the shit outta the bitch and fukk the seats.... We are the driving force behind this fukkin money making machine and these fukks keep spitting in our faces.
    Fuckin' right , this is some bullshit. Im sorry but i really feel that i have grasp on whats going w/ both sides. And its all about $$$ , 18 games , rookie salary cap , all that is bs that both the players and owners can/will agree on when the time comes. This is about getting every fuckin penny bc their thinking about the long term. Football believe it or not is in a critical stage in terms of its overall development , here , abroad etc. 25-50 years from now many people , smart people i might add believe that football will suffer immensely from everything to huge law suits from ex players , current saleries and the way the game is taught at the pee wee level. Think about it , do you want your kid learning how to tackle/get hit from some moron that has no clue what hes doing. I dont! Ultimately football will face the same problems Boxing did and does to this day. Broke , former athletes that cant afford to take care of themselves. You dont need to take my word for it , just walk around your city and tell me you dont see tons of little kids playing lax , soccer , basketball , mma/wrestling , even baseball. Owners are taking a long term look at things , their going to claw for every dime. But theres absolutely no way any games are missed , no way!!! NFL has waaaay to many things riding on this , theyve seen what happened to Hockey , Baseball and yes there not football blah blah ... People WIIL WALK AWAY from football if their bitchin about $$$ on Sept. 11 instead of playing games. The NFL wants and mostly likely will have a team overseas in the next 5-10 years , any missed time will kill the NFL over the long and short term believe me. And im all for boycotttting the NFL if need be , they need to know that WE run shit. If this shit isnt cleaned up soon , im saying we boycottt the first 2 - 3 weeks of the season and spend absolutely no $$$ at all on the NFL , no BETS , no tickets , no t shirts , jerseys , beer , hotdogs etc... NOTHING. If we got 10-12% of the betting/buying public to follow that would be a huge dent from everyone to owners , books , everyone. Lets keep our $$$ in our pocket and see what they think. Just imagine how much $$$ we spend on tickets , bets , food , beer etc ... I really believe all it would take is 10-12% , for 2-3 weeks. I mean im from Boston , Pats tix are like the most expensive tix out there when you talk about parking , traffic , what else you spend there. All that $$$ , plus my bet , as little as it may be would prolly end up being between 3500-5000 depending on how much im playing those weekends. **** 'em!

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

if the nfl went out of business would that void all existing contracts?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19539

The owners are bluffing; there will probably be football this fall.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

no way they cancel season

everybody is making tons of money

owners just trying to wrestle a percentage away that players have

no way season is cancelled

postal warrior
    postal warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    I agree. If half the season ticket holders from any team decided they weren't going to renew, this labor problem would end in 15 minutes.
    No it wouldn't because the Eagles have a season ticket waiting list of over 50,000 people. Some one drops out then the next person steps in.

I assume every team has a waiting list like this or atleast 70% of the league.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

NFL players need to realize if there is no NFL 25% of them will be in prison, 25% measuring feet at foot locker, 40% standing in front of a seedy Bar checking IDs. The better 10% will be cops, fire fighters or military.

NFL Owners will still be big time business owners. The players have everything to lose. They go from heros to burger flippers real fast.

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

please dont

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I dont buy it for a second. If they were going to they wouldn't mention it this early, its only a bluff. There is plenty of wealthy investors in the world who know how much money football makes in the USA. If the owners shutdown business completely, all they will have accomplished is handing over a multi-billion dollar business that they completely control to new owners. And what are the old owners going to do with their empty stadiums? guess who would buy them.

+1000

without football i doubt jerry can pay the mortgage for his stadium

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I thought all this talk all along was simply posturing by both sides. Now....I'm not so sure. I never imagined it would last this long. Disconcerting to say the least.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

I may sound sick but I am for scab football..I enjoyed the 82-83 scab season and have several taped dolphin games

Kyle Mackey was our scab QB and we went to the superbowl that year and lost to skins

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Sounds like the owners realize they are losing and are going out kicking and screaming. Good. Hopefully they continue screaming and end up having to "submit" to those greedy, rich players whose bank accounts they all aspire to possess.

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

Give them all they want ... In the following years after football they lose it all anyways ...

Raleigh77
    Raleigh77's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have enough money to do whatever they want. If anyone were to intervene, I think it might be TV.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

I hope it is just a bluff and if not I agree, we should boycott the NFL and see how they like that.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The owners are greedy. Never understood why someone with 2 billions in the bank want to make an additional billion. Is it because their families are starving?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The owners are greedy. Never understood why someone with 2 billions in the bank want to make an additional billion. Is it because their families are starving?
    I can certainly appreciate anyone trying to make as much money as they can. I don't think you can fault either side for that. I don't think there's a finish line for wealth. If I had 2 billion, I would do whatever possible to make it 3. Who wouldn't? That's how fortunes are built.

This being said....I hope for all of us fans they reach a compromise soon.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Corporate American greed supported by middle class sports fans. If people showed unity, big petitions and everything else, wouldn't have these issues. Both sides are entitled either way.

12 Last