helen
    helen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

Moneybookers check up

Last week i checked up Moneybookers several times, by doing 7 withdrawals from MB to my usual bank account.

Reasons: international banking crisis + restricted financial responsibility of moneybookers

Results: all withdrawals (up to 4.6k) processed within 24-48 hours, 7/7 i.e. 100% reliability

6 months ago average processing time was about 72 hours.

Had anybody last time negative results with moneybookers?

If not, can anybody comment such a strong position of moneybookers today?

Thanks

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have done 3 withdrawals from Moneybookers to my bank account in the last 2 weeks.

They all took 3 business days to get here.

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/21/2005

Stumpage
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4588

Same here Mudcat; 3 withdrawals in the last few weeks, all arriving in 2 or 3 days...

2 days is actually the norm for me now, and seems to directly correlate to the time that I became a VIP member with unlimited transactions...

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/21/2005

Mudcat

Really? I'm a VIP and mine have all been the full 3 days.

Sad. Apparently my relationship with Moneybookers has gone stale. They don't care as much any more. You and Moneybookers go off galavanting on a honeymoon of 2 day withdrawals leaving me to wait at home in curlers for the full 3 days.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

instadebit > moneybookers

Newguyintown
    Newguyintown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 626

Mudcat and any other Moneybooker fellas,

Can you give me an idea of the kinds of money youre moving with Moneybookers?

I have never had an account there and seem to recall something about their having tiny max limits (I want to say something like $500).

On the other hand, with Neteller you can fire off as many 10k EFTs to your bank account as you want (and to books you could fire off 50k with just a click).

Thanks boys,

Newguyintown

SBR Founder Join Date: 12/24/2005

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

The limits on a standard account are about $40k/90 days, and if you do that kind of money without problems they'll bump you up to a basically unlimited one.

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/8/2005

Mudcat

I have an unlimited account. It starts off low and keeps getting bumped as you do various verifications.

It was a bit of a tooth-pulling experience for me. They are slow and bureaucratic and a bit inept at times. I ended up having to make a few long-distance calls at my own expense to get things done.

But it is all a distant memory now and everything runs smooth as can be.

If you want specifics, I have done wires of 10K+ from my bank to Moneybookers. I don't think I have ever moved that much money in one shot the other way. I feel sure you could though. I've done 5K+.

Some books have Moneybookers limits on various things. Like JustBet only lets you withdraw $750 per week to Moneybookers.

Stuff like that used to happen more. Like the CRIS books used to have $1000 daily MB deposit limits. I think that is 10K now.

Newguyintown

Appreciate the responses. Its GOtime, Gentlemen.

Newguyintown

Newguyintown

One more thing, how about person-to-person transfers?

Neteller required "certification" (they may have changed the name of that) for this which was really just one more identity-verifying measure and then I can't remember the charge, maybe 2%ish? But it was then basically unlimited or at least it was plenty to satisfy the number of transfers I was doing (not a whole lot but it was something standard and somewhat often).

How does Moneybookers compare?

I'd ask them but there's no way whoever responds to my question would know as much as you guys, and even if they did Id have no way of knowing that I finally got a competent person in Customer Service!

Newguyintown

Mudcat

You are right to ask here. Moneybooker's customer service - which operates mainly through their on-line message center - can be pretty bad. Sometimes it can take days to get an answer and often they miss the point entirely.

Thus my earlier reference to having to make long-distance calls at my own expense to get results.

Person-to-person transfers between Moneybookers users are much better than Neteller. There is almost no fee at Moneybookers. I don't know if it's a formula or a flat rate - But I don't think I've ever paid more than a dollar.

Like it's so small I don't even give it any thought.

As far as I know, the P2P limits are simply dictated by your account limits.

fingas
    fingas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

i think there is no p2p limits, but i never send more that 1k to other moneybooker customer, i think it depends of whether the other moneybookers user has a high limit for transactions or not.

As for fees, they charge a % of the amount you send up to the maximum fee of 0,50 euros which i think no one beats, not even neteller.

When i call them i usually use skype's or other voip services, it's cheaper and i can even fund those voip services using my moneybookers funds

LMAOFISH
    LMAOFISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I've sent upwards of 5k in one transaction to other customers, cost is 0.62USD. For transactions under 100USD, its a percentage, I think 0.5%? Maybe 1%, but max 0.62$.