C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

What ever happened to K-Mart?

I remember growing up K-Mart was your basic weekly store to go to to buy stuff. Now it's been run into the ground by piss poor management and Wal-Mart and Target dominate them. I feel like Wal-Mart was always there but it was further away for me and I feel like Target is the new middle class Wal-Mart. K-Mart is really really run down in lame shopping centers and pretty much non-existent. It's sad to see like 15 cars in their parking lot on a weekend when Wal-Mart has 300 and Target has 200.

emoney
    emoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

He still plays for the Nuggets.

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Yeah K-mart used to be solid and now it is only good for maybe 1 or 2 things a year that they might have on sale. The one good thing they have going for them now is that they carry Craftsman Tools.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

They're not too bad considering they went bankrupt almost ten years ago.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

K-mart is way to high on stuff compared to wal-mart.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Target is the way to go.

AntDaAZN
    Check Spreadsheet for my plays.
    AntDaAZN's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by emoney View Post
    He still plays for the Nuggets.
    Lol.

beach nut
    beach nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Very surprising that they're still in business.

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4907

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    Target is the way to go.
    Target is where I do most of my shopping. Not too many Kmarts left in MN.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Only ones left around here are in bad spots and only shopped at by the lower class really. My first job was there, it was too easy to steal and run by morons.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Haha jokes on you. Kmart's are still around. They also bought out Sears. So not so down and out just yet

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1951

walmart is taking over

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Only ones left around here are in bad spots and only shopped at by the lower class really. My first job was there, it was too easy to steal and run by morons.

That's my point. They are only found in seedy areas and with real low lives going there. Management is a joke too. Nothing on shelves or too much. Their only catch like somebody said is the craftsman tools. Besides that it's a joke of a store.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

horrible store

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    horrible store

I agree

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    That's my point. They are only found in seedy areas and with real low lives going there. Management is a joke too. Nothing on shelves or too much. Their only catch like somebody said is the craftsman tools. Besides that it's a joke of a store.
    Yeah I think they gave up on improving things and just hope to grind out profits. The whole merging with Sears thing was pretty funny when I was there, half of the people couldn't even qualify for that shitty sears CC. Was fun telling them they've been rejected from a crappy store CC.

C-Gold

Who is the hedge fund manager that runs the company now? He doesn't give a flying Fuc. Let the store run to shit, let prisoners come in there and shop lift, just spend no money and make a little bit. He just wants that cash flow from whatever doesn't gets stolen and whatever gets sold.

I can remember going in there to buy something behind one of those cases and I couldn't even find a worker to unlock it for me. Sorry to interrupt you and give you a sale. I hope I wasn't too much trouble buying something. Don't all jump at once guys.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

k-mart has seen better days to be sure. they almost made it to the edge of the retail game but alas they are so poorly located in 3rd rate malls now in grimy old factory towns that they can never come back..suprising that they haven't thrown in the towel yet. wal-mart superstores have the edge over target among the only two that will survive..

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Who is the hedge fund manager that runs the company now? He doesn't give a flying Fuc. Let the store run to shit, let prisoners come in there and shop lift, just spend no money and make a little bit. He just wants that cash flow from whatever doesn't gets stolen and whatever gets sold.

I can remember going in there to buy something behind one of those cases and I couldn't even find a worker to unlock it for me. Sorry to interrupt you and give you a sale. I hope I wasn't too much trouble buying something. Don't all jump at once guys.
    Sad but true. They hired the lowest of the low, probably why I got hired. I stole more than I made, though they finally caught me. Rarely had people on security, that would cost too much for them.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Actually Kmart was bought by sears as a last ditch effort to expand SEARS and turn a profit since sears stores were steadily losing market share, and buildings were becoming older and older...

never been to a kmart in the past 10 years... walmart/target...hell there isn't even a kmart in my city.

falconticket

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    Actually Kmart was bought by sears as a last ditch effort to expand SEARS and turn a profit since sears stores were steadily losing market share, and buildings were becoming older and older... never been to a kmart in the past 10 years... walmart/target...hell there isn't even a kmart in my city.
    sorry dude you got that backwards. try google.
    http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/17/news...tors/index.htm

falconticket

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6509683/...-billion-deal/
    here is another link to the surprising kmart takeover of sears